It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just finished the third game in the Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright Trilogy great series and this was a great game best out of the Trilogy (followed by the first game)

Not sure if I will like apollo justice as much if I pick the game up (grew really attached to these characters in this series I don't want apollo and who else >.< lol

Ah well I guess I could get a 3ds when the new game comes out and play wright again to get my fix if I really want
For the first time, baldurs gate and planescape torment. Also, the demon and undead campaigns of disciples 2
Daedalus1138: Thief: Deadly Shadows. Much, much better than the first two. I realize that's purely opinion, but it's how I feel. It has a few flaws, but the gameplay and the story were more than enough to overcome them. Plus, it has an incredible level near the game's end.
The cradle per chance? Was very memorable, and unnerving...
First time:
- Neverwinter Nights 2 + Mask of the Betrayer
- 04.14.13 Tomb Raider (2013)
- Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
- Anomaly Warzone Earth
- Thomas was Alone
- 07.17.13 Trine 2: Goblin Menace
- 07.27.13 Costume Quest
- 07.27.13 Bastion
- 08.09.13 Recettear
- 08.20.13 Faerie Solitaire
- 08.21.13 Ys Origin
- 08.31.13 The Cat Lady (GOG)
- 09.04.13 DLC Quest
- 09.07.13 The Walking Dead: 400 Days
- 09.14.13 McPixel
- 09.15.13 Downfall
- 09.22.13 Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos
- 09.29.13 Primordia
- 10.20.13 4 Elements
- 10.20.13 Fortix
- 11.01.13 To the Moon
- 11.10.13 Still Life
- 11.10.13 The 39 Steps
- 11.30.13 XCOM: Enemy Within
- 12.09.13 Dear Esther
- 12.18.13 Scribblenauts Unlimited
- 12.21.13 Fairy Bloom Freesia
- 12.28.13 Ys I

Replay:
- 01.20.13 XCOM: Enemy Unknown (Classic difficulty)
- Mirror's Edge
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - I've lost count on the number of playthroughs I've done.
- 11.03.13 Mirror's Edge
- 11.15.13 Ys Origin (normal difficulty)
- 12.08.13 XCOM: Enemy Within
- 12.13.13 The Cat Lady (Steam)
Post edited December 27, 2013 by arr0whead
Daedalus1138: Thief: Deadly Shadows. Much, much better than the first two. I realize that's purely opinion, but it's how I feel. It has a few flaws, but the gameplay and the story were more than enough to overcome them. Plus, it has an incredible level near the game's end.
s23021536: The cradle per chance? Was very memorable, and unnerving...
That's the one. It was the only level in the entire series that scared me.
Daedalus1138: That's the one. It was the only level in the entire series that scared me.
An orphanage that burned down, converted into an insane asylum and subsequently abandoned? And then there were the stories of a man-eating hag that lived there... I did not look forward to that level - can still remember when I caught the glimpse of 'something' moving down behind a counter in the supposed abandoned place *shudder*
I played through Mass Effect for the first time a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed the experience, even despite my initial surprise that the game really is just "guns and conversation." It definitely involved with its copious amounts of dialogue, and I found myself invested in the character and the world. However, I found the main plot to be rather short, and the side quests rarely related directly to the events of the main thread. This felts at odds with the 'race against time' tone in the game.

After that, I ran through Mirror's Edge again. That game is incredibly fun, despite a few wonky bits - mainly when guns are needed to advance. Though, I did manage to make it down the staircase in 'Kate' without having to use a gun, so I was proud of that and it only took a few tries. As well on the 'Shard', I realized the police are lousy at checking where they are firing and will destroy the servers on their own. This game's plot, while not spectacular, is refreshing for it having Faith save the world or the change the system. This smaller, focused story helps with the realism in my opinion.

With that done, I ventured through Mass Effect 2. Right off the bat, the game possessed much higher production values than the first. No more height map generated planet surfaces with the same type of base as every other planet. Some of the changes I disliked - the lack of an inventory to manage, the removal of weapon upgrades as components, and the reduction of the weapon selection to just a few. These changes definitely served to further move the game as shooter with talking bits, though there is some good writing in this game. However, like the first game, the missions related to the story were outnumbered by side missions that never seemed to mention the overarching goal of the game. I also enjoyed the ability to take Paragon/Renegade actions (despite the system itself seeming arbitrary sometimes), and the Renegade actions that I took definitely made the game more lively.

So far:
Bulletstorm
Medal of Honor Allied Assault (Base)
Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Mass Effect 1
Mirror's Edge
Mass Effect 2
I can see where you're coming from on that, although I don't fully agree. Main thing for me is that I love the ridiculously huge levels of Thief 1 & 2 (especially 2), and 3 pares it down a bit too much.

I also finished Bioshock Infinite! Fun gameplay, great story, goooorgeous graphics. It has flaws, of course, but overall it was great and will probably end up being my top AAA game of 2013.
Good to see people who're still giving the Mass Effect series a try ;D

And now I know why people usually don't play more playthroughs of a single game when they have a backlog. They don't have the time :D
Finished Defender's Quest the other day, enjoyed it pretty much. I'd like to do a New Game+, but I really need to move on and start Torment already :D
Just finished F.E.A.R and it was awesome. Genuinely gave me the creeps at times and the shooting was really solid with smart AI. The game looks good for its age too with all settings max. Good stuff. :D
Shadow Warrior Complete

Finally got around to finishing the game and both expansions. Fun game, but unfortunately the later episodes don't have the likes of those "special touches" that the shareware episode had (remote controlled cars, flying carpet, etc.)

Reever: Good to see people who're still giving the Mass Effect series a try ;D

And now I know why people usually don't play more playthroughs of a single game when they have a backlog. They don't have the time :D
Finished Defender's Quest the other day, enjoyed it pretty much. I'd like to do a New Game+, but I really need to move on and start Torment already :D
With Defender's Quest, New Game+ is not really replaying - the monsters have new abilities which makes a lot of difference, there is an additional side story, and you can finally do something special with those unique weapons & armor you've found in the normal playthrough!
Post edited July 17, 2013 by kalirion
Finally managed to finish a warcraft 3 complete playthrough on hard difficulty. Previously i got stuck on the last level, the battle for mount hyjal. This time I simply spammed low level archer units with Ancients of War directly behind the bases that needed defending.
Time to put an updated list to the front of the thread :D

01.01.2013 - Assassin's Creed Revelations (PC)
05.01.2013 - Assassin's Creed Revelations - Lost Archive (PC)
25.02.2013 - RAGE (oh my god, what a boring ending ......) (PC)
03.04.2013 - Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm (PC)
02.05.2013 - Shadows of the Damned (PS3)
27.05.2013 - Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation (PSVita)
07.06.2013 - Resistance: Burning Skies (PSVita)
18.06.2013 - Vanquish (PS3)
26.06.2013 - Uncharted Golden Abyss (PSVita)
29.06.2013 - Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards: Reloaded (PC)
10.07.2013 - Deponia (PC)
17.07.2013 - The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (PC)

I think i am having a good year. I still buy to much games, though :) It would be nice if the ratio bought:finished was at least 1:1, but ...... :)
kalirion: With Defender's Quest, New Game+ is not really replaying - the monsters have new abilities which makes a lot of difference, there is an additional side story, and you can finally do something special with those unique weapons & armor you've found in the normal playthrough!
Knew about the quest, didn't know about the unique weapons and armor! Ah well, there we have even more incentive to replay! But I'll get to that, only...later :D
Thanks for the heads up, though!
Games finished in the last month. (My fight vs Backlog proceed well :P)

43. Unmechanical (8/10) - Very nice, I've enjoyed all the 3 4 hours needed to complete this one.
44. Really Big Sky (7/10) - Completed/Played all the modes at least one time, so I consider this finished. Nice for random game.
45. Gratuitous Space Battles (5.5/10) - I'm a little bit disappointed from this game, only a few missions.Very, very easy.
46. Anodyne (7.5/10) - After loosing orientation several time at the beginning, the game becomes really fun. Awesome musics and atmospheres.
47. Fable The Lost Chapter (7.5/10) (2nd time) - A nice game. Done all the primary quest and a good amount of subquest (already completed 100% several years ago)
48. Karateka (6.5/10) - Very short game. Completed as a true love after 7-8 tries. Not so easy.
49. McPixel (5/10) - Uhm. Well, funny. Nah, I didn't enjoyed this game.
50. Organ Trail (7/10) - Quite ramdom, but overall easy and nice game. Awful controls.
51. Max Payne 3 (8.5/10) - Not at the level of the first 2 Max Payne (of course), but still a lots of fun. Really.

Full list: Here
Post edited July 18, 2013 by Recsam511