It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: The expansion was great, BEYOND great. It was just hard and I hit one mission that was beyond my ability. I realize I need a life but that sort of thing gets to me so when it happened I was pretty pissed and that's when I typed that.

I'm halfway through #2 myself. Love it though it is a VERY VERY VERY different than #3.
vulchor: It's hit and miss when sequels or the next in a series has a different gameplay style than it's predecessor, but generally I prefer when game designers do this. It's more risky than just a graphical and engine update, but if the designers succeed, than there is reason to replay both or all games in a series. Settler's 2 was a major revamp of the first one, but still mostly a graphical update. I'm glad to hear that #3 offers a different play style.
Me to, very much. S3 and 4 are much more combat oriented and not as placement heavy as 2. Yes it's important where you put stuff but you have total control over each and every troop so you don't need to rely on placement to get armies where you want them to me. ALSO you can take out a far stronger army with superior numbers. I think it makes them different but both great games for their own reasons.
Just finished The Walking Dead. Overall a very good interactive story (because it's not really a game, except in very precise occasions). I just wish I'd have more freedom sometimes, but that's okay. It told a good story and that's the most important, even if the controls were clumsy since I couldn't remap them...

But I'm done with zombies for quite a time now, I think.

So far in 2013:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post31
I've lately beaten Penny Arcade On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 and Metro Last Light.
Too lazy to write something about them really. :P
Post edited June 11, 2013 by IronStar
Beat Superbrothers: Swords and Sworcery EP, Thomas Was Alone, and Hotline Miami recently. Superbrothers and Hotline Miami were great; Thomas Was Alone was decent.

Edited my list.
I forgot to post here, that I managed to finish the main story of Saints Row The Third during the last free weekend on Steam. Great sandbox, very funny and with a lot of entertaining minigames; perhaps too crazy compared to other sandboxes, but I rather have fun moments and gameplay than ultragraphics and philosophical stories in this genre.
Some games freshly finished

Lucius (6.5/10) - Very, very linear gameplay, but fun nevertheless. Too short btw.
Mark of The Ninja (8.5/10) - Nice stealth game, a little bit easy even on new game plus, if you don't do the challenges.
Hitman Absolution (8/10) - I've appreciated this game even if it's not a the level of some of the previous of the series.
Da New Guys (7.5/10) - A nice and fun adventure game from Wadjet Eyes, not a masterpiece but still a lot of entertaining moments.

Complete List http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post568
Just finished Resident Evil: Revelations. A pretty average game which could be better if your character could move faster than a damn slug. The whole genesis thing was also very gimmicky, but unfortunately necessary if you did not want to run out of ammo.

Updated my list
Post edited June 11, 2013 by Grargar
System Shock 2:

I have to say, I was very impressed with this one. It was a bit repetitive at times (to downright annoying with the random enemy respawns, which was a little too frequent to be honest) and dragged out in one to two areas, but overall it had nice pacing to it and a good atmosphere and tone. The default controls worked fine on my end, although I wished the keys to get to certain weapons worked. The combat was simple for the most part, but enjoyable. Research was interesting with learning what different objects did and many other stuff. Hacking was okay and had a nice impact on the stuff you did hack with different effects, I wish the hacking sequence wasn't so simple. The way ammo and other materials for weapons were spread helped with the mood and gave a good sense of difficulty. At certain parts the platforming kind of felt tricky (ladders, climbing up certain ledges, etc.) and lead to some frequent falls (some that killed me). The last hour of the game kind of felt rushed, the boss fights that happened within that time were very short and kind of anticlimactic. Overall it was great.

Full List Here
Post edited June 11, 2013 by RayRay13000
Just beaten fallout 1!

Finally!
Ultimatum: Just beaten fallout 1!

Finally!
Congratulations! :D
Ultimatum: Just beaten fallout 1!

Finally!
dirtyharry50: Congratulations! :D
Thanks!
JohnWalrus: Complete list of games I've beaten in 2013:
Man what a list... I've really to focus and push to make even half that number of games by the end of the year xD.
Post edited June 12, 2013 by Narakir
JohnWalrus: Complete list of games I've beaten in 2013:
Narakir: Man what a list... I've really to focus and push to make even half that number of games by the end of the year xD.
It looks impressive, but when you factor in the number of games I get to that, it looks less cool XD I think my net gain on my backlog has been in the negatives since I joined! Also, most of those games are short, and that's why I beat them first. Trust me, if someone as unfocused as me can do it, you can too :3
Narakir: Man what a list... I've really to focus and push to make even half that number of games by the end of the year xD.
JohnWalrus: It looks impressive, but when you factor in the number of games I get to that, it looks less cool XD I think my net gain on my backlog has been in the negatives since I joined! Also, most of those games are short, and that's why I beat them first. Trust me, if someone as unfocused as me can do it, you can too :3
We will see that at the end of the year when I'll post my list :p
JohnWalrus: It looks impressive, but when you factor in the number of games I get to that, it looks less cool XD I think my net gain on my backlog has been in the negatives since I joined! Also, most of those games are short, and that's why I beat them first. Trust me, if someone as unfocused as me can do it, you can too :3
Narakir: We will see that at the end of the year when I'll post my list :p
I'll see ya there! :D