It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

21. Dishonored- PS3; 5/18/2013 8/10- Despite my general dislike for first person games, I ended up really enjoying this. For my initial impressions click HERE. That being said, the game was not all sunshine & rainbows of awesomeness.

One of the major things that I disliked was that in order to get the good ending (which left me feeling completely empty & wishing that I had just taken my initial path), you can't really kill people.... this would not be an issue if you had a nonlethal melee weapon. As it stands, the only way not to kill people is by choking them out from behind, using your SEVERELY limited sleep darts, or just avoiding them like the game's version of the plague.

Speaking of that plague... what exactly is it that it does? At first I thought it just made you die. Then I started encountering people who had the plague & they were all violent zombie-like creature so I just assumed that having it also made you insane. THEN about 80% through the game I met a whole group of plagued individuals that were nice, (relatively) friendly & didn't try to hurt me in the slightest. So my guess is that everybody else I encountered was just an asshole & therefore I don't feel sorry that they have the plague.... fucking rat bastards want to attack their savior, then they deserve to die a slow & agonizing death.

Something worth noting is the length of the game... if you go in with all your proverbial guns blazing & just ignore all of the collectible powerups & side missions, then the game could likely be beaten in around 3 or 4 hours. It took me around 15-16 hours (so a whole weeks worth of gaming) to do (at least I think) everything that can be done & following a mostly stealth related path. So keep that in mind when playing the game should you choose to.

Last but not least.... do not play this expecting some award winning story... there is a story, sure.... but I sure as hell couldn't tell you much about it (evidenced partially by the fact that I honestly *as stated above* don't have a clue what it is that the plague REALLY does).

Still, I highly recommend that you at least try it out, especially if you can get it at a decent price (or rent it at the library, like me).

Full List
Post edited May 19, 2013 by Roberttitus
Bioshock Infinite
Far Cry 3
Deponia 1&2
The Witcher 2 EE for a 2nd time
Dishonored
Halo 4
Saints Row 3
The Book of Unwritten Tales
The Cat Lady

:edit spelling
Post edited May 19, 2013 by DarkR1der
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword: (5/18/13)

For the most part I thought this was a good game overall even with its flaws. The motion controls had their moments of being cumbersome and annoying, but for the majority of the game I thought they worked great. I thought the graphics and soundtrack was great overall. The story itself was average, it was presented nicely and I thought it had some great moments, but I personally felt it was just average in the end. The antagonist Ghirahim was quite honestly the only time during a Zelda game I cringed and thought "This is who I'll be up against throughout the game?", but he tried to be intimidating at the very least...but only came across as amusing more than frightening. Fi...can someone make a mod (or a ISO hack, whatever you call it for Wii Mods) that removes her from 90% of the game? She just states the obvious on what happened literally a few seconds or minutes afterwards, while she can be helpful in some instances she usually just gets in the way for the most part. The game world itself did indeed feel small, but Nintendo tried to make it seem more compact by adding in changes (small but noticeable) to areas as the game progressed and it kind of worked (to a degree). The upgrade system was kind of disappointing, with a good amount of grinding you'll be able to fully upgrade all stuff within a short amount of time after getting access to the three major areas, but you get great stuff out of it so I guess it kind of pays off. Each dungeon to a degree did use all the items you acquire throughout the game, I liked that a lot considering previous games gave you an item and forget for a time you have it. I hate to run on so I'll just end it here:

If you're a Zelda fan you'll either like this game or find it disappointing. However, if you're not a Zelda fan you'll probably just think it's decent or at the very least disappointing.

Full List Here.
Post edited May 18, 2013 by RayRay13000
Just finished Metro 2033 (PC) - received "Ranger" Ending.

Added it my list of games finished in 2033:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post44
9th Dawn (PC version)

Very fun and addictive open-world ARPG with rogue-like style graphics. The UI has not been optimized for PCs though and screams of its mobile origins.
I finished Knights of the Old Republic:Sith Lords fairly recently ,but today I finally beat the first Knights of the Old Republic,go me!
benderz: Karateka. You can find it in the Be Mine 8 bundle.
The game is not so bad, the fighting system is good. Not for a long time, because it can become very boring with time, but you can finish the game in half of an hour. It's enough. So, if you get it by the bundle, it's not so bad, but don't buy it full price.
Same for me. Beat the game in a bit more than half an hour with the big guy (it means I failed with the lover and then I also failed with the monk). The dodge system is a bit cryptical to me and I had a hard time understanding how the timing was. I started a second playthrough but failed to do better so I stopped it half-way through and uninstalled it. I don't know how was the original but this remake is a bit meh and definitely not worth its 10€.

This year :
- Alone in the Dark 3
- Amnesia Fortnight Prototypes
- Blackwell Convergence
- Blackwell Unbound
- Brutal Legend
- Host Master and the Conquest of Humor
- Host Master Deux: Quest for Identity
- I Am Alive
- Karateka
- Lucy & Lola's Big Adventure
- Offspring Fling
- Splinter Cell: Conviction
- Syndicate
- The Blackwell Legacy
- The Cave
- The Darkness II
- The Experiment (Experience 112)
Ultimatum: I finished Knights of the Old Republic:Sith Lords fairly recently ,but today I finally beat the first Knights of the Old Republic,go me!
Congratulations! :D
One more down : Bioshock Infinite

Had a good run overall, a very nice setting (even if a little gimmicky after the underseas adventures of Bioshock) and I liked especially the link between all the Bioshock games (won't tell more). A very good game, albeit a little short maybe (only around 10 hours to complete it).

So far in 2013 : http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post31
I finished Dead Space 2 yesterday.
Not as scary as the first one. Not really scary at all but it was pretty good game. Maybe some day I'll try the 3rd one.
Just finished Duke Nukem 3D. It was fun but got a bit boring near the end...
Blood Dragon

Hot damn, that was fun. It's every 80s cliché thrown into a blender and mixed with Far Cry gameplay. And IT IS GLORIOUS! Especially the last 30 or so minutes were more awesome than anything I've played recently. Highly recommended ! :D
My trip to San Esperito is over, the guerrillas control the whole island.
Devil May Cry HD
Devil May Cry 2 HD

Complete List

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post118
kojocel: Hm, played some this year, here's a list (in no particular order):

Fallout
Gothic
Gothic 2 Night of the Raven
The Witcher Enhanced Edition
Risen
Dragon Age Ultimate Edition
Can you tell us how many hours did you sink into those? This year i've only managed to finish Fallout 3 as RPG(not exactly a RPG but a large game) and it took 180 hours.

Also you've played but, also finished?
Post edited May 21, 2013 by grinninglich