It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

K_1269: Lol, no, I didn't do everything, but I did finish the main quest, plenty of sidequests and Dawnguard. So after 300+ hours and having done all the quest that interested me I feel that I finished the game ;)

Btw: if you want to do every quest in Skyrim, you can never finish, as some sidequests don't ever end!
Reever: Okay, thought so :D And yeah, that's somewhat irksome, since I do like to completely complete my RPGs :D
And 300 hours for a playthrough?! Gawd...
My single playthrough of Oblivion, including KotN and SI, was 508 hours. I didn't do every sidequest either.
Reever: Okay, thought so :D And yeah, that's somewhat irksome, since I do like to completely complete my RPGs :D
And 300 hours for a playthrough?! Gawd...
Syme: My single playthrough of Oblivion, including KotN and SI, was 508 hours. I didn't do every sidequest either.
Yeah, I know that can be applied to all the Elder Scrolls games (from Morrowind up, I guess, dunno about Daggerfall (?)).
I mean, I probably pumped hundreds of hours overall in the ME series as well, but not in just one playthrough :D (longest playthrough I ever had was around 60ish hours - in ME of course =) ).
This list has all the games I've finished in May. For the April list, go here.

May 10th: System Shock 2. While I played this heavily modded, I understand now why this game was so high on the wishlist before it got its release. The atmosphere is very well done and at certain parts the game gets genuinely creepy. With nice character customization options (I was a Navy, specializing in the tech stuff and melee combat), interesting audio logs to flesh out what happened on Von Braun and one of the most interesting villains ever to be present in a video game, I would say this one is my new favorite 90's shooter. However, it's not a game without flaws: the combat is quite clunky on today's standards, and in true 90's FPS fashion I wasn't always sure where I should go as I was searching for key items like access cards, black eggs or toxins, but then again that way the game made sure I inspected even the tiniest corners of every deck. Some might consider enemy respawn a negative; personally, it's a mixed feeling. I had to be on my toes the whole time but especially hybrids were so easy to kill they really didn't pose a threat. Finally, even though the game was great, I would still say I liked BioShock just a little bit more. I think the plot (and the end twist) is better in that game, plus the sunken city of Rapture was a lot more interesting environment-wise, than the (mostly) generic starship Von Braun. I would still recommend SS2 to anyone interested in shooters with some role-playing elements tossed in for extra flavor.

May 16th: Costume Quest. Cute little game. Quite short and too easy, though. It would've also been cuter with voice acting, but sadly no such thing existed here and everything was just text. I still think the game was pretty fun, even funny at times. The costumes were interesting to collect, and the whole Halloween feel was captured quite well. Were the kids really battling monsters or was it all just the kids' imagination: well, who cares, since they got to their goal - huge mountains of candy. A very sympathetic adventure; not Double Fine's finest work, but still quite enjoyable.

May 17th: Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice. The expansion was much of the same as the base game. Not as interesting locales however. A couple of new costumes and finally an enemy (the final boss) that gave at least some challenge. A decent expansion, but the base game was better.

May 18th: Stacking. Another cute adventure from Double Fine, but for some reason I couldn't quite get into it like I did with Costume Quest; therefor I couldn't be bothered finding all Hi-Jinks, special dolls, or alternative solutions to the puzzles but instead just plowed through the main quest. I did like the visual style a lot (how the game is displayed like a silent film) and I thought it was great there were lots of ways to complete puzzles instead of just one particular way. An okay game, but unfortunately the least fun of all the Double Fine games I've played, in my opinion.

May 20th: Bastion. Great game. I had a little trouble trying to follow the plot, but the rest was very good: fun action (though I stuck to War Machete and Scrap Musket the entire game), very nice graphics, good soundtrack, lots of choices when it comes to choosing the best weapons and passive skills... I also liked how the narrator commented pretty much anything I did in the game. The confusing plot aside, a very enjoyable action game overall. One weird thing I should mention though: for some reason the game always wanted to launch on my secondary monitor. I have no idea why.

The June list can be found here.
Post edited June 05, 2013 by DProject
Syme: My single playthrough of Oblivion, including KotN and SI, was 508 hours. I didn't do every sidequest either.
Reever: Yeah, I know that can be applied to all the Elder Scrolls games (from Morrowind up, I guess, dunno about Daggerfall (?)).
I mean, I probably pumped hundreds of hours overall in the ME series as well, but not in just one playthrough :D (longest playthrough I ever had was around 60ish hours - in ME of course =) ).
The Mass Effect series has just a small fraction of the content that TES games have. I'm not saying they are bad games, they are just a very different class of RPG. I still have never finished a TES game with any single character, and I've played them all. Adding up all the time I've spent in Tamriel over the years amounts to almost 5 months straight, that's full 24 hour days. Sick.
Reever: Yeah, I know that can be applied to all the Elder Scrolls games (from Morrowind up, I guess, dunno about Daggerfall (?)).
vulchor: The Mass Effect series has just a small fraction of the content that TES games have. I'm not saying they are bad games, they are just a very different class of RPG. I still have never finished a TES game with any single character, and I've played them all. Adding up all the time I've spent in Tamriel over the years amounts to almost 5 months straight, that's full 24 hour days. Sick.
You played all but have not finished any means you have a problem :) Try to concentrate one the main quest and you will finish the game in a day if you have a good character. All games in the TES series are huge and you can play all your life does not mean I want to do the same quests over and over again. (Radiant Quests)
Finally after fifteen years I had beaten Theme Hospital. Very Fun. Got repetitive tough as after first few hours where you struggle with lack of experienced staff and more importantly lack of cash, failure stops being a realistic possibility.
You have money and staff resources just to throw at any problem.
Epidemics were annoying as they are broken. Even then getting fined 28k is not really a big deal.

Amazing game tough and do recommend it to everyone.

also before TH i finished Portal 2.
Crysis 2 - I thoroughly enjoyed the mechanics on this one, and it was my first game after buying my new graphics card (Sapphire 6850)

Skyrim: Dawnguard - I actually enjoyed it, and I'm still meandering through Dragonborn using the act one surprise as my companion.

Far Cry 3 - My favorite game of the year so far. Excellent visuals, and taking down compounds while surrounded by komodo dragons and tigers is great fun.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Loved it. Absolutely loved it. For some reason I've never been able to get into the first game, but this one hit a lot of nice points for me.

Bioshock - I know I'm way behind, but I finally finished the first Bioshock.

Mass Effect 3 - Took me a year, but I finally played it. The end sucked sure, but it hit so many great notes with characters that felt more real than any other game I can remember. This series is about the characters in my opinion, and in that view, this was a great end game.

Binary Domain - I'm not sure why this game hasn't gotten more love, but I really liked it. Shooting robots is fun, and the voice acting + story are surprising solid.

Now I'm back on Dragonborn, and trying to decide what to do next. Maybe my one millionth run through on Icewind Dale, or finally playing Dishonored. I bought Dishonored last fall, but just haven't gotten around to it yet.
stellathestud10: Mass Effect 3 - Took me a year, but I finally played it. The end sucked sure, but it hit so many great notes with characters that felt more real than any other game I can remember. This series is about the characters in my opinion, and in that view, this was a great end game.

Binary Domain - I'm not sure why this game hasn't gotten more love, but I really liked it. Shooting robots is fun, and the voice acting + story are surprising solid.
Yeah, Binary Domain is one of the most undervalued game of the last year. I loved it.

About ME3, I don't know, IMO they had the chance to made the best game ever, but they thrown this chance away with a awful ending. Yes the characters in this game are amazing and vivid, but I was hoping for an ending coherent with the rest of the saga and epic, not that bad writing.
stellathestud10: Mass Effect 3 - Took me a year, but I finally played it. The end sucked sure, but it hit so many great notes with characters that felt more real than any other game I can remember. This series is about the characters in my opinion, and in that view, this was a great end game.

Recsam511: Yeah, Binary Domain is one of the most undervalued game of the last year. I loved it.

About ME3, I don't know, IMO they had the chance to made the best game ever, but they thrown this chance away with a awful ending. Yes the characters in this game are amazing and vivid, but I was hoping for an ending coherent with the rest of the saga and epic, not that bad writing.
Don't get me wrong, I HATED the ending. But all the moments leading up to that were great. The moments for Mordin, Tali, and Garrus were all outstanding, and I romanced Ashley through all three games (even staying faithful in 2, because my Shepherd wasn't one to stray), and felt like the relationship was well done. I just try and overlook that horrendous ending.
stellathestud10: Don't get me wrong, I HATED the ending. But all the moments leading up to that were great. The moments for Mordin, Tali, and Garrus were all outstanding, and I romanced Ashley through all three games (even staying faithful in 2, because my Shepherd wasn't one to stray), and felt like the relationship was well done. I just try and overlook that horrendous ending.
yeah, a lot of awesome and emotional moments. This is why so little would be enough to make this game beautiful ...

I've heard that with the dlc the ending becomes a little more meaning and especially in 'Citadel', the relationships with the other characters are made even more beautifully.
I still have to buy them, as always EA sees them at the price of gold. I'm hoping for a discount sooner or later.
stellathestud10: Don't get me wrong, I HATED the ending. But all the moments leading up to that were great. The moments for Mordin, Tali, and Garrus were all outstanding, and I romanced Ashley through all three games (even staying faithful in 2, because my Shepherd wasn't one to stray), and felt like the relationship was well done. I just try and overlook that horrendous ending.
Recsam511: yeah, a lot of awesome and emotional moments. This is why so little would be enough to make this game beautiful ...

I've heard that with the dlc the ending becomes a little more meaning and especially in 'Citadel', the relationships with the other characters are made even more beautifully.
I still have to buy them, as always EA sees them at the price of gold. I'm hoping for a discount sooner or later.
The extended ending helps. I haven't bought Citadel yet, but I'm thinking about going for it. I hear it's nice.
Recsam511: yeah, a lot of awesome and emotional moments. This is why so little would be enough to make this game beautiful ...

stellathestud10: The extended ending helps. I haven't bought Citadel yet, but I'm thinking about going for it. I hear it's nice.
It's freaking great! And I understand the problem with the DLCs, I want to buy the ones for DA2 (yeah, yeah, I know...:D)...
But Citadel is a must buy - and if you don't want to feed EA your money, look it up on youtube at least :)
stellathestud10: The extended ending helps. I haven't bought Citadel yet, but I'm thinking about going for it. I hear it's nice.
Reever: It's freaking great! And I understand the problem with the DLCs, I want to buy the ones for DA2 (yeah, yeah, I know...:D)...
But Citadel is a must buy - and if you don't want to feed EA your money, look it up on youtube at least :)
Maybe I'll have to grab it next paycheck. I could go for some more Mass Effect for sure.
Larva Mortus

An OK game that becomes extremely repetitive if you decide to do the optional side missions for whatever reason (besides in the very beginning to level up a bit.) As it is, takes only a few hours to get past the story missions, and any longer would be overstaying its welcome.

No way am I going to keep playing to grind for achievements (which are all luck-based item finds.)
Just finished Luigi's Mansion 2 (or Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon in the US as it seems) on my 3DS in about a little more than 14h.

That was a really good game! Never played the first one, but I had a blast with that one! Clever thought enigmas, fun monsters, fun environment and fun gameplay (except maybe when you want to orient Luigi while he is directing his lamp).

For everyone that has a 3DS, I cannot recommend enough that game!

So far in 2013: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post31