It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dirtyharry50: You did such a nice job with this year's setup I was hoping you would be doing it again in 2014 but I could understand if you wanted to take a break and let someone else too. Personally, I thought this format was great and it was always easy to find my own list with the first page link.
Austrobogulator: I would like to do it again, but I would also like a break from it.

I think the way I did it could do with some improvements - basically, more focus on people with big lists, less focus on people that make a post and never update. Also, I think the list should be split into three parts, I almost ran out of space towards the end.
Go make three posts in a row now, maybe even a fourth just reserved in case you decide you want it for something. Then I can make my first post to ready for the new year! We slackers need you to run this for us. If it helps, we are grateful you do it. ;-)
27/12/2013: Costume Quest: Charming little game, even if "Tisn't the Season".

Full list here
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

Nice game, though extremely short and easy, and the story didn't have nearly as much emotional impact on me as it seems to have on everyone else - but that's probably because I'm so emotionally repressed :)

Evoland

Nice idea, but the gameplay is sorely lacking in any depth, and the JRPG segments are an enormous chore to play. The action-adventure and ARPG sections are fine for the most part, though again, lacking in depth.
Post edited December 30, 2013 by kalirion
Finished up my Secret Santa gift of Hotline Miami. I enjoyed it for the most part; however, there were some aspects of the game that made it frustrating. Mainly the limited view you possess, it's easy to get shot by someone you didn't even know was there. I didn't play through the bonus levels but I'll probably do that in the future.

So far:
Bulletstorm
Medal of Honor Allied Assault (Base)
Medal of Honor Allied Assault Spearhead
Medal of Honor Allied Assault Breakthrough
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
World in Conflict: Complete
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Medal of Honor: Airborne
System Shock 2
Mass Effect 1
Mirror's Edge
Mass Effect 2
Crysis
N v2.0
Mass Effect 3
Stronghold HD
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault of Dark Athena
Crysis 2
Carmegeddon
Max Payne
Mafia II
Trine 2: Complete Story
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Hotline Miami
Dec 30 - Hotline Miami (Steam) - Main story

Didn't think I would like this game, but I did. Pleasantly twisted. Fairly smooth game play. Not bad at all.
Gemini Rue (30th december 7pm)

I like Wadjet Eye games but I must say this is the worst one. There is something in the story at didn't click with me. I didn't like the gun fighting or the fact you use the gun on most things to open it.

Most likely the last game I will finish this year. I have completed 47 games in total
Post edited December 30, 2013 by mrking58
The Darkness
Bayonetta

Full List

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post118
Post edited December 30, 2013 by Master911
It looks like I was too busy playing games to update my games-finished-in-2013-list. ^^

Since then I finished nine games so I won't write a bad, few sentences long "review" but only a quick thought.

Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
MUCH better than the first game. Everything was improved, especially the story. The story is so bad, that it's good again.

Dust: An Elysian Tail
A fun game. The gameplay was good and the world was fun to explore. Only the voiceacting was... diverse...

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Deluxe Edition
Mostly the same as part two. Some things were improved (e.g. ranged combat), some things are worse (e.g. story).

Rogue Legacy
The game game wasn't as hard as I feared it would be but I rushed through the last part (The Darkness) because I wanted to finish the game.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
This game is a good example for a mediocre game. Exept the long load times nearly nothing stood out in any way, be it good or bad.

The Stanly Parable
It has been quite some time since I last had to laugh that much but the story had also its dark moments.

Gone Home
The story was fine but the game itself became more and more boring as time went by. I'm glad it's over.

Shadow Warrior (2013)
A fun, melee heavy 1st-person-shooter. It's a "stand in the middle of the room and kill everything" type of game and not one of those "hide behind cover and shake with fear" games that are common nowadays.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
It started a bit boring but later on it became an adventure that I won't be able to forget so soon.

I think it's very unlikely that I finish any more games this year (around 23h left) so this will be my last post in this thread.
Here's my full list for 2013.
What a game-tastic year it was for me! I finished about 50 games and my personal favourite was Full Throttle :-)

Thanks GOG for another fantastic year and see you soon in 2014!
Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded
Something to vent some stress.
All the games I finished for the first time this year:

Saints Row 2 (Steam): Bad port, but I had fun. I liked 3 better though.
Titan Quest (Steam): Played co-op through the first two difficulties. Loved it.
Jade Empire (Steam): Kind of a short game for an RPG, but it was still amazing. Except maybe the good-bad stuff. "Closed Fist isn't evil, but do evil things to gain Closed Fist points!"
Fable: The Lost Chapters (Steam)(100%): Fun, but very short. 30 hours for 100% completion.
Venetica (Gamersgate)(100%): Again, fun, but very short. 30 hours for 100% completion, and on hard difficulty.
Duke Nukem 1 (GOG)(100%): Very fun game, a few levels were a pain though.
Sacred 2 (Steam)(100%): Played through all difficulties as a Seraphim, great game. It took over an hour to beat the mist boss on the hardest difficulty.
The Catacomb (GOG)(100%): A bit too dated for me, but still kinda fun.
Catacomb 3D (GOG)(100%): Same as above
Unchained Blades (3DS): Fun first-person dungeoncrawler RPG. The monster-catching aspect made it take a lot longer than it should have, though.
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (3DS): A fun RPG, but I didn't play through New Game+ like I usually do.
Gunman Clive (3DS)(100%): Loved this game, it's two bucks. I got the time bonus and no-damage bonus on every level with all 3 characters.
Karateka (Steam): Poop.
Fairy Bloom Freesia (Steam): Played through it once, had fun, never felt like playing it again.
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter (Steam)(100%): I liked the game, but it's pretty much impossible at the end unless you happen to have a ton of items left over from before.
Avenging Spirit (3DS virtual console)(100%): Kind of like Kirby, but you're a ghost possessing the bodies of enemies. Short but enjoyable.
Dracula: Origin (Steam)(100%): Wacky puzzle logic up the wazoo. Pretzel key? Animal carcass pipe? Really?
The Book of Unwritten Tales (GOG)(100%): A decent point and click. I liked the humor.
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter (Steam): I don't play many shooters, but this one was fun.
Monster Loves You! (Steam): Kind of a cute visual novel-type game. I haven't gotten all the endings though.
Mutant Mudds (3DS)(100%): Very fun platformer, with some challenging levels.
Serious Sam 3 (Steam): I liked it, I'm not sure if it's better than First Encounter though.
The Sims 3 (Origin): I know, you can't "beat" The Sims 3, but I have enough income from owning property that I'll never need anyone to have a job again. So I "beat" it that way.
Guilty Gear Isuka (GOG): I'm terrible at fighting games.
Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards: Reloaded (Steam)(100%): I was a Kickstarter backer, it was a pretty funny game.
Hotline Miami (Steam): Loved it. Feels good to beat the more difficult levels after failing dozens of times.
Dark Souls: Prepate to Die Edition (Steam): Loved this game! Difficult but fair. Except maybe Ornstein and Smough. I beat them by poisoning them with dung and running.
Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya (3DS virtual console)(100%): Some of the spells are glitchy but it was still a fun strategy RPG.
Code of Princess (3DS): Sidescrolling beat em up/RPG type game. I *almost* have 100% completion, except for two side missions. One has a ridiculously low time limit, the other is just balls hard. Unlocked all characters except one.
Cinders (DRM-free)(100%): A fun visual novel, with great art. Took a while to get all the achievements/endings.
Rage of the Gladiator (3DS)(100%): I loved the Wii version, and I had no idea they were making a 3DS version. For some reason they added a lot more red to almost every opponent's character design. Other than that, it's great.
Jack Keane (Steam)(100%): Actually it wasn't bad. I like stupid humor.
Path of Exile (Steam): I love this game. Played through it as a witch, marauder, templar, and ranger. Currently in act 3 Cruel with my ranger.
Agarest: Generations of War (Steam): Japanese strategy RPG. It has low ratings, but I like it. The fanservice is really ridiculous though. One woman has what appear to be metal nipples on her skimpy armor.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (3DS)(100%): Loved it, probably my favorite in the series. The DLC case is amazing.
Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures (Steam): Death blocks everywhere. I beat it on Easy and barely got past the final boss. On Normal you have 3 health instead of 6. Augh.
Long Live the Queen (Steam)(100%): I like the story, there are lots of different paths to take. It's fun trying to figure out how the things you do will affect things later. Took me about 23 hours to get all the achievements.
The Stanley Parable (Steam): Beating this game isn't much of an accomplishment since it's not even a "game", but I'm listing it here anyway. I got a few of the different endings, I'll explore for the rest later.
Post edited December 31, 2013 by FFL2and3rocks
Saints Row 3 - PC
Valkyria Chronicles 2 on my PSP
Costume Quest PC
Warhammer 40k Dawn of War 1 + 2 ( expansions included ) PC
Far Cry 3 PC
Assassin's Creed 3 PC ( without DLC's )
Time to wrap up the year. I'm leaving town later today so it's safe to say I won't be finishing any more games this year. The last one for me was Tomb Raider: Legend, which I finished just a moment ago. The total number I beat a game this year was a whopping 90: although I did finish some games twice and I counted those towards the total too; a couple of them were expansions; and a few are really short freewares. But still, I'm pretty happy with my accomplishment(s). Backlog doesn't have to be an issue :)

If you want to have a look of the games I finished, here's the full list. I'd say my favorites were Miasmata, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, BioShock Infinite, Sword of the Stars: The Pit, Papers Please, DuckTales Remastered, Shadowrun Returns, Rogue Legacy and XCOM: Enemy Within. I thought the biggest stinkers were Waxworks, Ghost Master, Waking Mars, Anna, Lone Survivor and The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.

See you next year: and once again, thank you Austrobogulator for organizing this thread. I hope you create a similar one for 2014.
my list so far for this year

-Demon souls
-Bioshock infinite
-Deadly premonition
-Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
-Silent Hill 3
-Tomb Raider (2013)
-God of War III
-Eleusis
-Metro: Last light
-Papo & Yo
-Zeno Clash II
-Chzo Mythos ( -5 Days a Stranger -7 Days a Skeptic -Trilby's Notes -6 Days A Sacrifice)
-The Walking Dead
-La-Mulana
-Rogue Legacy
-Mark of the Ninja
-Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
-Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within
-Shadowrun Returns (Dead Man's Switch)
-Remember me
-Gone Home
-Rise of the Triad (2013)
-Splinter Cell Blacklist
-Severance: Blade of Darkness
-Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
-Outlast
-Amnesia: a machine for pigs
-Shadow Warrior (2013)
-Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
-Volgarr the viking
-I have no mouth and i must scream
-Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
-Loom
-The Cat Lady
-Teslagrad

good year as always for indies
Here is my final list for 2013:
- Alone in the Dark 3
- Amnesia Fortnight Prototypes
- Blackwell Convergence
- Blackwell Unbound
- Blackwell Deception
- Botanicula
- Broken Sword 3
- Brutal Legend
- Chime
- Cognition Episode 1
- Colonization
- Deadlight
- Dear Esther
- DLC Quest + Live Freemium or Die
- DuckTales Remastered
- Far Cry 3
- Host Master and the Conquest of Humor
- Host Master Deux: Quest for Identity
- I Am Alive
- Karateka
- Law & Order Legacies
- Lucy & Lola's Big Adventure
- Mark of the Ninja
- Nelly Cootalot
- Offspring Fling
- Organ Trail: Director's Cut
- Portal 2
- Prey
- Red Faction: Guerilla
- Splinter Cell: Conviction
- Stacking
- Syndicate
- The Blackwell Legacy
- The Cave
- The Darkness II
- The Experiment (Experience 112)
- The Walking Dead: 400 Days
- The Wolf Among Us: Episode 1
- Trine 2
- Zombie Driver HD

My first one for 2014 will be The Walking Dead for sure as I thought I'd have enough time to complete it this year but I'll fall short a few hours.