It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dead Space 3 PC - The SP Campaign is now finished.

Certainly was worth buying *that* cheap in that Origin Humble Bundle. :D It certainly is more action-packed and way less horrific than the previous 2 Dead Spaces - but, that doesn't stop it from still being a pretty good game.

Added it to my Games Finished in 2013 List:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post44
Just finished Monster Loves you!

Okay, okay, it was just one story out of the 14 possible endings. It was quite suprising and, honestly, very enjoyable, even if it just took me 40 minutes to complete one "story". So I understand the real challengs is "can you get the whole 14 different endings?".

Based on the "Adventure gamebooks" principle, you basically read texts and make decisions. The output will have an influence on your life as a monster, resulting in a shorter or longer, happier or sadder output. I can't tell much more without taking away all the surprise, which would be a pity.

It's quite beautiful and pretty cute, and at least made me forget I was basically reading an animated book, so this game is a win! ^_^

The only problem is that, for me, trying to get the other endings would maybe require me to make some counter-intuitive decisions. So I might let time pass on that one and try again later.

Anyway, if you want to try something "different" and quite refreshing, Monster loves you is to be considered! ;)

So far in 2013: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post31
Just finished Sleeping Dogs. Really surprised from the overall good quality of the game, a gta-like game well characterized, with an exotic enviroment,a gameplay focused on martial arts, and a really enjoyable story. Now it's time for the couple of story's dlcs I've purchased...

full list: here
The Cave:

The game is good enough that I'm working through it with another set of characters. I'm not sure its good enough to play it a third time just to get the last remaining character through. (7 characters, but you play 3 at a time).

Its a solid game that is absolutely worth playing if you are a PS Plus member (free). Its mildly difficult to recommend for the $14.99 steam is charging at the moment.

the game is easily beatable in 3 - 6 hours. There are no real enemies (i.e. no combat) so its strictly puzzle solving by controlling 3 characters who can only carry 1 item at a time and each have 1 unique ability. (if you drop an item... remember where you dropped it and how to get back). Even though the levels are diverse in terms of look and feel, they all act very similar in terms of how they are laid out. As much as the game length feels cheap... I was ready for this to end when it did as I felt I had experienced all the game had in terms of gameplay several times over

Even though you can only play with 3 of 7 characters, you can't have more than one save. Any saving overwrites your existing save without any options. So if you wanted to play multiple sets simultaneously or let a family member play out their own game, you are out of luck.

Lots of backtracking, and a sense of humor that feels forced (flat jokes) round out the negatives.

Still, its well animated, well voiced, the puzzles are entertaining, the characters are unique, the soundtrack is pretty good and the story isn't too bad. I'm not above paying $15.00 - $60.00 for games... but most of the value in this game assumes you will play through 3 times to access all of the characters (each character has their own unique level that will showcase their ability).

Of note, the time travelers level was very well thought out. Its the one spot in the game that puzzles require some imagination.
Yesterday I've finished Dead Space.

It was a good game with nice graphics and amazing sound. The controlls were clunky, but luckily the mouse/fps fix fixes that. After that I could play this great collection of fetch quests.
The game took me 17,5 hours and I got most of the messenges.
I played the game on "normal" but I think "hard" would have been a better choice. I just died around six times I think (3x environment, 2x those little slime things, 1x normal enemy) and that's way to easy for something called "Survival Horror".

I also updated my list.
Post edited August 26, 2013 by Dotur
Dotur: Yesterday I've finished Dead Space.

It was a good game with nice graphics and amazing sound. The controlls were clunky, but luckily the mouse/fps fix fixes that. After that I could play this great collection of fetch quests.
I played the game on "normal" but I think "hard" would have been a better choice. I just died around six times I think (3x environment, 2x those little slime things, 1x normal enemy) and that's way to easy for something called "Survival Horror".

I also updated my list.
Yep, play on hard...if only for the wonderful and gruesome death animations :P
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, BioShock Infinite, Portal 2, The Last of Us... wow I guess that's it. I've started a bunch of other games but they're all in varying degrees of completion. :(
And just finished Commander Keen 2 (Steam)

Complete list
Post edited August 27, 2013 by adambiser

I also updated my list.
I think its because the laggy mouse was part of the intended difficulty, so the "fix" is a cheat :)

Game was balanced for twinstick controllers, so obviously an unencumbered mouse would make it too easy.

I also updated my list.
kalirion: I think its because the laggy mouse was part of the intended difficulty, so the "fix" is a cheat :)

Game was balanced for twinstick controllers, so obviously an unencumbered mouse would make it too easy.
That's true but the better mouse controll increased the fun I had with the game greatly, even if it was easier that way.
I think I'll put Dead Space on top of the "Games that are more fun if you cheat" list. ^^

P.S. Playing it with a gamepad would be impossible-mode for me. ^^ Manual aiming with an analog stick... ugh...
Post edited August 27, 2013 by Dotur
Moving on...
I have beaten Crysis 2 Maximum Edition.

Except the fact I needed an explanation for ending (probably due to fact that I played Crysis 1 long time ago and most of loading screen infos were scrambled because my computer is too slow) and almost fell asleep during first few hours, it wasn't bad. Shooting something in 1st person after a while is relaxing. I'm amazed that my computer managed to run it though - I expected it to boil halfway through, but I still managed to beat it.

Full list this way, in case someone is interested.
Post edited August 27, 2013 by IronStar
IronStar: Moving on...

Except the fact I needed an explanation for ending (probably due to fact that I played Crysis 1 long time ago and most of loading screen infos were scrambled because my computer is too slow) and almost fell asleep during first few hours, it wasn't bad. Shooting something in 1st person after a while is relaxing. I'm amazed that my computer managed to run it though - I expected it to boil halfway through, but I still managed to beat it.

Considering Metro: Last Light is on your list, I dunno why you'd think Crysis 2 would be harder to run.
IronStar: Moving on...

kalirion: Considering Metro: Last Light is on your list, I dunno why you'd think Crysis 2 would be harder to run.
Dunno. I never managed to actually finish Crysis 1 as final encounter kept freezing midway and overheating my gfx card.
I expected it to work as good (bad) as Last Light, maybe worse due to larger environments in Crysis 2. Crysis 2 worked considerably better, as I had no freezes save for antivirus updates in background. They both managed to overheat my gfx card though at some point and poor thing needed some time too cool down. Last Light had abysmal FPS on raining scenes. I didn't encounter that on Crysis 2 though.

I'm amazed how much new and high end games I managed to play with 3 y/o budget computer. Once next gen consoles come out, I guess that will be end of the line.
I just finished Medal of Honor (2010).

The game had its moments but most of the time it was just "go there, kill that, go here, kill those". The characters where boring and the text sometimes inflicted pain (Buddy boost / "bro").
The campaign lasted ~5,5 hours and I'm glad it's over. Even if the sound was quite good, the unfitting music ruined it sometimes.

I also updated my list.
Dotur: I just finished Medal of Honor (2010).

The game had its moments but most of the time it was just "go there, kill that, go here, kill those". The characters where boring and the text sometimes inflicted pain (Buddy boost / "bro").
The campaign lasted ~5,5 hours and I'm glad it's over. Even if the sound was quite good, the unfitting music ruined it sometimes.

I also updated my list.
Does it do that whole "You are leaving the combat zone" when you walk a few steps away from where you're supposed to be?