It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Over 55 of your most-wishlisted games on sale for up to 90% off

REMINDER: There are still a few days left so come and get your love! Whether it's in the form of immersive roleplaying, whimsical brain-teasing, or blood-pumping action, these games will help you express all kinds!

Is this love that you're feeling? It certainly is: our <span class="bold">From Wishlists, With Love</span> sale kicks off today, with 55+ of the most-wishlisted games ever up to 90% off for 6 whole days!

So what is it that gamers wish for the most? How do you quantify love and desire?
We think our crack team of back-end devs and mathletes now hold the formula: a factor of GOG.com's fondness for gamers, and gamers' love for our games. Plus a healthy dash of happy thoughts. It's all very scientific and accurate, you see. Best not to ask many questions.

Without further ado we now reveal the secret! From Wishlists, With Love, the most-coveted deals ever on GOG.com, featuring: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game of The Year Edition (-50%), Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (-75%), Psychonauts (-90%), as well as Darkest Dungeon (-50%) – and so many, many more.

So fill your heart with love and visit your happy place: The most-wishlisted-games-ever on GOG.com are up to 90% off in the <span class="bold">From Wishlists, With Love</span> sale. It's time to finally go get' em!
The sale will last until February 20, 17:00 UTC.
This promo is definitely not for me.
No games from my wishlist, lots of modern games and I believe I have all the point and click games in it.

Heh, maybe Syberia... I'll think about it.
hummer010: I'd love to move up to any edition that makes it look like I actually own the game. Having the pre-order edition always makes me double check that I do in fact own the game when it goes on sale.
Ditto.
I just bought System Shock EE which came with the classic edition. To my surprise, the classic edition is twice the size (364) of the Enhanced Edition (184). Can someone explain me why? Isnt it supposed to be the other way around?

Note: I am not complaining. Just wondering.
Engerek01: I just bought System Shock EE which came with the classic edition. To my surprise, the classic edition is twice the size (364) of the Enhanced Edition (184). Can someone explain me why? Isnt it supposed to be the other way around?

Note: I am not complaining. Just wondering.
I haven't looked at System Shock at all, but Baldur's Gate EE was the same situation - roughly half the size. The dev's attributed it to more efficient compression in the stored assets. Or something like that.
high rated
amrit9037: So I contacted Paradox and got this reply (see attachment).
Now can someone from GOG team confirm that who exactly is screwing GOG customers?
fables22: We don't currently have a way of providing the upgrades, unfortunately. However, as this has been flagged up by quite a few of you, we're looking into what can be done so we can make the upgrades. Will keep you posted.
FWIW, Obsidian's response to me (in February 2016, a year ago), included these statements (in two different emails during a conversation):
That said, currently GOG doesn't have the upgrade option, but it may be something they introduce in time through GOG Galaxy. Unfortunately we are unsure on when that would happen.
I meant that we currently are unsure why they don't have the option for GOG. We will continue to see if they can do so, we just don't have a definitive answer at this time. Though we do hope that down the line that option will be available to all.
So GOG has said that it's not up to them, but both Obsidian and Paradox have basically said it's up to GOG. GOG's response has been "we're looking into it" for at least a year.

There are an awful lot of us who would like to have the option to upgrade - and no matter how good the sale is on the entire edition, I'm not made of money and I'm not okay with rebuying the whole game to get the extras.
penumbren:
If it's no ones fault (GOG/Obsidian/Paradox) then it's completely (it must be) our fault that we brought games on gog too early.
We should have waited for Eternity(<-see what I did there).
penumbren: FWIW, Obsidian's response to me (in February 2016, a year ago), included these statements (in two different emails during a conversation): So GOG has said that it's not up to them, but both Obsidian and Paradox have basically said it's up to GOG. GOG's response has been "we're looking into it" for at least a year.

There are an awful lot of us who would like to have the option to upgrade - and no matter how good the sale is on the entire edition, I'm not made of money and I'm not okay with rebuying the whole game to get the extras.
It could just be that neither GOG nor Obsidian wants more of people's money that they've already taken some of. :)

Like many, I wont rebuy a game to own a marginally-better-version, at least not unless it is so ultra-cheap that it's pocket lint. If I own a basic edition of a game and there are more all inclusive versions of the game or a GOTY or similar type thing and there is a way to upgrade from what I own to the full ultimate version or other intermediate versions then I certainly would contemplate doing such an upgrade and I have done a few on Steam over time when it was an actual option for a given game. If there is no option then I simply wont spend more money to own the additional content.

In addition to that - if there are upgrade options, the prices need to be REASONABLE, and not GOUGING. As a case in point, Bethesda's wonderful Skyrim game has 3 paid for DLC with which they price the DLC excessively high to the point where the combination of all individual DLC was always priced *HIGHER* than actually rebuying the entire "Legendary" version of the game. I understand since the special edition of Skyrim has come out this price gouging has only gotten worse. As such, while I profusely enjoyed Skyrim and consider it the second best game I've ever played, there is no way in hell I'm rebuying Skyrim just to get the DLC, and no way I'm paying MORE than that to buy the DLC separately, and definitely not paying more for the DLC now than it cost a year or so ago. So as far as I'm concerned, Skyrim supreme ultimate version and/or Skyrim DLC is dead to me until such a date and time when it is made available for a price and under conditions that I find consumer friendly and acceptable. About the only way I'd consider rebuying it is if it came to GOG fully featured and DRM-free including all DLC and for a price that is better than it has been offered for to date (regular or on sale). I believe that will happen eventually, but not for years. That's totally ok though, I'll go through The WItcher 3 another time or several, and the zillions of other cool games while I wait until the conditions I expect happen, and I can wait until my death bed and be ok with that. :)

with 55+ of the most-wishlisted games ever
Undertale ? Firewatch ? Shovel Knight ?

How many wishlists have you checked ? 100 ? 200 ?
Post edited February 18, 2017 by Painted_Doll
penumbren: There are an awful lot of us who would like to have the option to upgrade - and no matter how good the sale is on the entire edition, I'm not made of money and I'm not okay with rebuying the whole game to get the extras.
skeletonbow: It could just be that neither GOG nor Obsidian wants more of people's money that they've already taken some of. :)

Like many, I wont rebuy a game to own a marginally-better-version, at least not unless it is so ultra-cheap that it's pocket lint. If I own a basic edition of a game and there are more all inclusive versions of the game or a GOTY or similar type thing and there is a way to upgrade from what I own to the full ultimate version or other intermediate versions then I certainly would contemplate doing such an upgrade and I have done a few on Steam over time when it was an actual option for a given game. If there is no option then I simply wont spend more money to own the additional content.
+1
Painted_Doll: Undertale ? Firewatch ? Shovel Knight ?

How many wishlists have you checked ? 100 ? 200 ?
That's 2 out of 3 from my wishlist...
3 days ago I bought The Witcher 3 at full price!
Unluck punch you in your face!
Tobbelobb: 3 days ago I bought The Witcher 3 at full price!
Unluck punch you in your face!
With few exceptions most games tend to go on sale at regular or semi-regular intervals. http://www.isthereanydeal.com can be used to view game price history across virtually every online storefront and even receive notifications when a game is on sale for a given % discount or dollar value or less that you specify, and can import your wishlist from Steam and other distribution platforms either directly or using a browser plugin (ITAD).

Since games do go on sale, if one wants to get it on sale it's worth using ITAD to predict or get notified when a game is or might go on sale and wait for that if it is important to the person to pay the least. The only reason to ever pay full price for a game is to want to play it immediately and put value on that higher than the additional money it might cost knowing it could go on sale tomorrow perhaps. If you get angry over games going on sale shortly after you bought them, and it is something that is highly likely to happen when purchasing games in that fashion, the only thing you can do about it really is to change how you go about purchasing games, or ... alternatively choose to be angry on occasion randomly. :) Fortunately though isthereanydeal.com can alleviate this by making it easy to find the deals and wait for them if you're the patient type.

Second to that, you could always contact support to see if they might either refund the difference out of kindness, or to see if you qualify for a refund then re-buy it at the sale price. I wouldn't get hopes up that they will do this, but it never hurts to politely explain the situation and ask. Not sure if they have any official policy on that, nor whether they make special cases on occasion, but friendly words to support can sometimes yield good results in a variety of situations in my experience.

Hope my suggestions can help out, if not for this game perhaps in the future.
penumbren:
amrit9037: If it's no ones fault (GOG/Obsidian/Paradox) then it's completely (it must be) our fault that we brought games on gog too early.
We should have waited for Eternity(<-see what I did there).
Or even better, waited for a surprise gift until it was more convenient. >.<

Hopefully they'll just fix this at some point. I'm not holding my breath, though.
In a pinch, the teaser with "up to 90% off" is true only for games long-term customers already have and are moderately priced to begin with. The usual suspects of the high-priced lineup games - which many more lust after - are only discounted 15% up to 50% and their discounted price is still too steep.

You know, many of my GOG games are bought here for the second time as some sort of DRM-free backup copy of my steam version and for older games, I own many of them three times (additionally as a physical copy). In some cases I obtained the full game with all DLC for less than half price here as a physical copy (I'm looking at you Pillars of Eternity, I really would like to have to GOG version of my GOTY for about 20 US$, but NOT for 35 US$).

In that light I'm not willing to buy a (full) game two times for full price; I'd happily pay for games for full retail price if both a steam key and an updatable DRM-free version (not necessary GOG, but preferably) would be included in the game package.
Post edited February 18, 2017 by coffeecup
So of my wishlist, there is a grand total of 1 game from it on sale, which means that my wishlist contains the lesser wished for games. I like games that are adventure, thoughtful and insightful, mysteries, story-driven, simulations, and spy and space games. Interesting to know I'm that different from mainstream wishlists.

If I had some money right now, I'd definitely snap up Homeworld Remastered, so thanks very much for the thought GOG.