It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic. (this one)
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 29, 2021 by ponczo_
high rated
Do we really need all these garbage itch.io games posted here all the time? It seriously lowers the quality of the content posted, while spamming my notifications. It also puts layers of shit on top of diamonds, if you get what I mean.

Anyone else sharing my train of thoughts?

One suggestion might be to collect, say 10 itch games per post.
Post edited September 25, 2020 by Erikspilivink
Erikspilivink: Do we really need all these garbage itch.io games posted here all the time? It seriously lowers the quality of the content posted, while spamming my notifications. It also puts layers of shit on top of diamonds
I agree with you
Catac1ysm: I think this thread no more needs in trash games like this and previous non-playable crafts from itch.io. I suggest to post here only interesting things and stop spamming with garbage.
low rated
yeah itch,io isn't really free, u give them your email by signing up to get them
low rated
Erikspilivink: Do we really need all these garbage itch.io games posted here all the time? It seriously lowers the quality of the content posted, while spamming my notifications. It also puts layers of shit on top of diamonds, if you get what I mean.

Well, I don't want to see epic or steam games here, but free is free.
Erikspilivink: One suggestion might be to collect, say 10 itch games per post.
I would agree with this as this was how I shared early this year.
I had huge collaborative posts with 50, 60 itch.io giveaways.

Example: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/free_temporary_keys_giveaway_central_topic/post7069
It is much more neater this way.

The problem is games do not go on giveaway at the same time as they did during the beginning of the pandemic.
Now developers post freebies at random times, and some may only last 1 day or even a few hours.
This makes it impossible to post a huge list like I did in March.

But I respect everyone's opinion.

Here is a poll:

https://www.strawpoll.me/21003273

If majority chooses "No", we will ban itch.io freebies from being shared here.
Post edited September 26, 2020 by drxenija
I found a code off of Honey to get a free game on BigFishgames.com. It will also work for any collector's edition. You can choose any game

Purchased Mystery Case Files: The Harbinger Collector's Edition.

FREEGAME778567 is the code. I did not see an expiration date.
Post edited September 27, 2020 by TERRI29
Erikspilivink: Do we really need all these garbage itch.io games posted here all the time? It seriously lowers the quality of the content posted, while spamming my notifications. It also puts layers of shit on top of diamonds, if you get what I mean.

Agree. A thread dedicated to itch.io freebies shoud be created, leaving this thread more readable. I don't even understand why there is still 2 threads for announcing the same freebies !
low rated

Vendor-Lazarus: Well, I don't want to see epic or steam games here, but free is free.
Why dont you want to see epic or steam games?
low rated
drxenija: I would agree with this as this was how I shared early this year.
I had huge collaborative posts with 50, 60 itch.io giveaways.

Example: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/free_temporary_keys_giveaway_central_topic/post7069
It is much more neater this way.

The problem is games do not go on giveaway at the same time as they did during the beginning of the pandemic.
Now developers post freebies at random times, and some may only last 1 day or even a few hours.
This makes it impossible to post a huge list like I did in March.

But I respect everyone's opinion.

Here is a poll:

https://www.strawpoll.me/21003273

If majority chooses "No", we will ban itch.io freebies from being shared here.
seems i'm one of the 19% who only wanted to see the free games ohwell
Erikspilivink: Do we really need all these garbage itch.io games posted here all the time? It seriously lowers the quality of the content posted, while spamming my notifications. It also puts layers of shit on top of diamonds
Catac1ysm: I agree with you
Catac1ysm: I think this thread no more needs in trash games like this and previous non-playable crafts from itch.io. I suggest to post here only interesting things and stop spamming with garbage.
Catac1ysm:
alternatively a seperate thread could be made
Attachments:
Post edited September 26, 2020 by dremulator
low rated
Erikspilivink: Do we really need all these garbage itch.io games posted here all the time?
I'm interested in at least some of the itch.io freebees, so I would like to keep the announcements here.

It's always good to collect multiple freebies in one post, when possible. It also might be a good idea to limit the announcements to free games as most people are not game developers and do not need game assets. And at least I am also not interested in the books.

MaxFulvus: A thread dedicated to itch.io freebies shoud be created, leaving this thread more readable. I don't even understand why there is still 2 threads for announcing the same freebies !
That's what annoys me much more than having announcements for stores I'm not interested in. Having to check 2 or more threads with often the same announcements is more tedious than skipping some posts for shops I'm not interested in. For me it is much more essential that it's easily visible what store the freebees are for, without having to hover over the links, so that you can quickly skip the announcements you are not interested in. I would prefer to have one thread for all freebee announcements and it would be nice when we could join the 2 current threads into one. Creating a separate thread for itch.io freebees would make the situation even worse in my eyes.

Anyway, I'm thankful to everyone who is posting information about freebees here and restricting people to do so is the wrong way to go for me.

Tistonic: yeah itch,io isn't really free, u give them your email by signing up to get them
No, you do not need an email address as you can download free games from itch.io without being registered. If anything is not really free then it's Steam (and any other shop with a mandatory client). You need to be registered there, so you have to give them an email address and you also pay them with your gaming data. ;P
Post edited September 26, 2020 by eiii
low rated
I would support locking the current threads in order to start fresh. We could do:

one thread for games and another for books/ assets/ dev tools/ whatever.

OR one thread for most games, and another just for itch,

OR one thread for "mainstream", big store games (steam, epic, gog, uplay, wthaever), and another for indie games (indiegala, groupees, itch, etc.)

I think SOME measure of separation would be good.

EDIT

I found a code off of Honey to get a free game on BigFishgames.com. Purchased Mystery Case Files: The Harbinger Collector's Edition, got it for free.

FREEGAME778567 is the code. I did not see an expiration date.
PC link for the game

Mac link for the game
Post edited September 27, 2020 by BlueMooner
low rated
I wouldn't fragment this threat. Those fragments will become fragmented too and so on. It's better to make some guidelines in one threat than to have 5-10 of the same kind.

How about that as a first idea:
one post per store, this means double posts are okay.
post starts with the store in capital letters,
if it's not a game the type stands in front of the link (or description when there is no link)
if you want to post the game's category post it at the end of the link.

example post:
---------------------

ITCH.IO

hxxps://example1.itch.io/examplegame1
hxxps://example2.itch.io/examplegame2 RPG
hxxps://example3.itch.io/examplegame3 (Restocked)
BOOK hxxps://example4.itch.io/examplebook
MOVIE hxxps://example5.itch.io/examplemovie
hxxps://example5.itch.io/examplegame5 (best FPS ever made)

some text you want to add or whatever catpics...
--------------------
low rated
eiii: No, you do not need an email address as you can download free games from itch.io without being registered. If anything is not really free then it's Steam (and any other shop with a mandatory client). You need to be registered there, so you have to give them an email address and you also pay them with your gaming data. ;P
i couldn't find the option to download without it, if you mean the button where it show "download or claim" it lies
low rated
OK, so the poll is still going. Not many have voted, so I will let it run till Monday PDT time.

If you know anyone who wants to express their stand, point them to this post:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/free_temporary_keys_giveaway_central_topic/post7789

Let everyone's voice be heard.
BlueMooner: OR one thread for "mainstream", big store games (steam, epic, gog, uplay, wthaever), and another for indie games (indiegala, groupees, itch, etc.)
I believe this is the best option for me.

Most of the games being posted here I wouldn't bother to play even if I was being paid.
Post edited September 27, 2020 by Truth437