It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic. (this one)
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 29, 2021 by ponczo_
low rated
Tcharr: The games are permanently tied to the owner's account, in a way. If you participate in a free weekend event, your progress is saved for when you either buy the game or participate in the next free event. You could conceivably play exclusively during free events and level up.

Not my style of play, but it may work for others. :)
Wishmaster777: It does not stay permanently tied to the user's account. It stays temporarily. It is a trial.
This is a full game/key giveaway thread, not trials and demos giveaway.
Maybe you should start a new thread about trials/demos. :-)
It is permanent like a time-share condo. You can only use it at certain times. ;)
low rated
Wishmaster777: It does not stay permanently tied to the user's account. It stays temporarily. It is a trial.
This is a full game/key giveaway thread, not trials and demos giveaway.
Maybe you should start a new thread about trials/demos. :-)
Tcharr: It is permanent like a time-share condo. You can only use it at certain times. ;)
Wrong, it is temporary. It is permanent if you pay. This is not about paid games, as the title of the thread is not "promotions and commercials".
low rated
Tcharr: It is permanent like a time-share condo. You can only use it at certain times. ;)
Wishmaster777: Wrong, it is temporary. It is permanent if you pay. This is not about paid games, as the title of the thread is not "promotions and commercials".
Good thing the title says "temporary". XD
low rated
Wishmaster777: Wrong, it is temporary. It is permanent if you pay. This is not about paid games, as the title of the thread is not "promotions and commercials".
Tcharr: Good thing the title says "temporary". XD
Temporary, because key giveaways do not last for long.
low rated
*sigh* ...
low rated
Tcharr: Good thing the title says "temporary". XD
Wishmaster777: Temporary, because key giveaways do not last for long.
True, and there were no keys in this. Have a nice weekend. :)
low rated
Wishmaster777: Temporary, because key giveaways do not last for long.
Tcharr: True, and there were no keys in this. Have a nice weekend. :)
That is why it does not belong here. No permanently keys attached to user's account - not part of this thread, as simple as that. Have a wonderful weekend. :-)
Wishmaster777: That is why it does not belong here.
What I was trying to argue yesterday was that, at this point, NOTHING belongs in here anymore.

· For massive key giveaways from a gaming site (like Humble Bundle, Indie Gala, et al), or paid games going temporarily free, there's this newly (and specifically created for this purpose) thread: Massive Giveaways (B)log.

· For dropping your spare codes in the open for anyone to grab, there's the Ninja Giveaway thread.

· For promoting or recommending free games (and mods), there's this thread (there are others, but this is the one that's been used lately)

· For everything else (or even including all the former cases), there's the generic Gaming deals thread.
Post edited September 08, 2018 by muntdefems
low rated
Wishmaster777: That is why it does not belong here.
muntdefems: What I was trying to argue yesterday was that, at this point, NOTHING belongs in here anymore.

· For massive key giveaways from a gaming site (like Humble Bundle, Indie Gala, et al), or paid games going temporarily free, there's this newly (and specifically created for this purpose) thread: Massive Giveaways (B)log.

· For dropping your spare codes in the open for anyone to grab, there's the Ninja Giveaway thread.

· For promoting or recommending free games (and mods), there's this thread (there are others, but this is the one that's been used lately)

· For everything else (or even including all the former cases), there's the generic Gaming deals thread.
The question is, if you firmly believe so, what are you still doing here. (rhetorical question)
low rated
Wishmaster777: The question is, if you firmly believe so, what are you still doing here. (rhetorical question)
I'm not posting no damn giveaway notice, that's for sure.
low rated
Wishmaster777: The question is, if you firmly believe so, what are you still doing here. (rhetorical question)
muntdefems: I'm not posting no damn giveaway notice, that's for sure.
In that case there is no need for you to post in a thread where, according to you, nothing belogs anymore. Do you see the contradiction here?
low rated
OK, bye.
low rated
muntdefems: I'm not posting no damn giveaway notice, that's for sure.
If you firmly believe that nothing belongs in this thread anymore, you just contradict your own statement.
low rated
Wishmaster777: The title of this thread is "Temporary keys giveaway". It is very simple and sraight forward - full games obtained via direct download or via keys. Free trials do not provide users with keys/games permanently tied to their accounts.
nope, that is only your own interpretation. the OP only states "Since it is getting a bit crowded here is one central topic for free (temporary) keys giveaways. " - there is no mention of it needed to be permanent after. if your interpretation is the correct one, then you should "not be allowed" to post giveaways on Steam either, for example, as they do no provide keys, or other giveaways not involving giving keys, which assumes almost solely only giveaways of third party to activate on Steam, no other games. So no, I think your interpretation is wrong, especially to the spirit of this thread, and I am not sure why you took it up on yourself to police it.
low rated
Wishmaster777: The title of this thread is "Temporary keys giveaway". It is very simple and sraight forward - full games obtained via direct download or via keys. Free trials do not provide users with keys/games permanently tied to their accounts.
amok: nope, that is only your own interpretation. the OP only states "Since it is getting a bit crowded here is one central topic for free (temporary) keys giveaways. " - there is no mention of it needed to be permanent after. if your interpretation is the correct one, then you should "not be allowed" to post giveaways on Steam either, for example, as they do no provide keys, or other giveaways not involving giving keys, which assumes almost solely only giveaways of third party to activate on Steam, no other games. So no, I think your interpretation is wrong, especially to the spirit of this thread, and I am not sure why you took it up on yourself to police it.
You are the one who came here to act like a police or a guard. If you got no valid giveaways to post, you might find some other threads of interest. All I said to that guy was trials do not belong in a thread where permanent copies of the games are given.

And whenever there are free weekend trials Steam puts it on the first newsflash page whenever Steam users log in.
However, Steam rarely notifies Steam useres when there are permanent copy giveaways issued temporarily.

It is your interpretation that is wrong. Whenever one claims a free copy of a game, they automatically get a key that is permanently tied to their account. Your argument is irrelevant. I am not policing, just debating, you are exaggerating.
Post edited September 09, 2018 by Wishmaster777