It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic. (this one)
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 29, 2021 by ponczo_
Well, since it is quite rare that my posts are getting downvoted I noticed this one:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/free_temporary_keys_giveaway_central_topic/post5403

In the post above I explained that I subjectively does not share the impression of gvyop. I would have expected from those having the same impression as gvyop to tell me why they don't share my point of view but instead some of you simply downvoted the post. If, whoever downvoted my post, wanted to make a point or a statement it's lost because all I can see is that people disagree but I do not know why. It might have made more sense to simply post something instead. So am wrong? Just tell me - but also tell me why.

Please also keep in mind that in general even the posting of spare free keys was part of the OP so it's not me who's wrong it's the OP. And if people still say that "one simply have to know" what this thread is about - even if the OP states otherwise and even if people might not even know about the ninja thread which is just about code dropping of spare codes then I rest my case because that would be completely illogical and unreasonable. In this case we would just have agree to disagree.
Post edited June 22, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Well, since it is quite rare that my posts are getting downvoted I noticed this one:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/free_temporary_keys_giveaway_central_topic/post5403
Not only that one: posts #5393 and #5395 are also low rated as I'm writing this(*). And those ones definitely don't have any controversial content.

I wouldn't put too much thought into it. It's probably the work of some bored but not very perseverant troll. I myself had simultaneously post #5381 high rated (it still is) and post #5389 low rated (it isn't anymore) at the same time. So... yeah, dunno.

(*) EDIT: Looks like my upvotes removed the low rating from those posts. Yay! :P
Post edited June 22, 2018 by muntdefems
Sjuan: Nevermind
Is Nevermind free??? WHERE???
MarkoH01: Well, since it is quite rare that my posts are getting downvoted I noticed this one:
muntdefems: Not only that one: posts #5393 and #5395 are also low rated as I'm writing this(*). And those ones definitely don't have any controversial content.
Oh - that I did not notice and this changes things.

muntdefems: I wouldn't put too much thought into it. It's probably the work of some bored but not very perseverant troll.
Yes if those other posts were low rated as well I guess it was just a troll and since we all know that it's hard to discuss with trolls I'd say I might have thought thought far too much about this "one" post I actually found downrated. Thank you for pointing this out.Also thank you for trying to fix things :D

Sorry for the OT guys.
Post edited June 22, 2018 by MarkoH01
Closed beta of CCG Slime is being given away at GrabFreeGames.
muntdefems: Not only that one: posts #5393 and #5395 are also low rated as I'm writing this(*). And those ones definitely don't have any controversial content.
MarkoH01: Oh - that I did not notice and this changes things.

muntdefems: I wouldn't put too much thought into it. It's probably the work of some bored but not very perseverant troll.
MarkoH01: Yes if those other posts were low rated as well I guess it was just a troll and since we all know that it's hard to discuss with trolls I'd say I might have thought thought far too much about this "one" post I actually found downrated. Thank you for pointing this out.Also thank you for trying to fix things :D

Sorry for the OT guys.
If there's 1 thing i learnt here, it's that trolls will be trolls. We dun need waste time trying 2 convince them 2 hv a proper debate/discussion & neither will they speak out. All they know is hide behind their keyboard & be cowards. I hv been downvoted by some low-life troll/s numerous times but it doesn't bother me 1 bit. In fact, the fact that need 2 even waste a sec of their time 2 downvote makes me happy. ;D

So just igore them as we all know the rep is meaningless here. Our real rep isn't affected so they can downvote all they 1, haha.
Post edited June 23, 2018 by tomyam80
Game Giveaway of the Day - Magic Encyclopedia - Moon Light
Exclusive offer from Giveaway of the Day and MyPlayCity! No third-party advertising and browser add-ons!

Katrina is a student of a magic school. When she finds out that a professor from her school has disappeared Katrina and her brother Roger are doing their best to find him. Join the main characters in the game Magic Encyclopedia - Moon Light and collect clues that will reveal a dark mystery. During this breath-taking journey you will visit different countries where you are to search for hidden artifacts. Find a healing potion to free the professor from the werewolf’s curse!
high rated
https://store.steampowered.com/app/873700/Dead_Pixels_Adventure/

Massive Giveaways on https://www.indiegala.com/store
MarkoH01: Please also keep in mind that in general even the posting of spare free keys was part of the OP
The way I've always interpreted Lugum's original statement:
lugum: Since it is getting a bit crowded here is one central topic for free (temporary) keys giveaways.
Also feel free to post/share any spare keys for those that don't have Facebook or missed it.
is that this thread was meant to have keys posted for those who missed (for whatever reason) free (temporary) keys giveaways. It doesn't sound that he intended the thread to be a key dump in general, the way you seem to read it (and many others lately are using it).

While I'd prefer this thread from becoming just another Ninja thread (as I'm interested in free - let's call them "promotional" game offerings - but not in a wild key bazaar the likes of the Ninja thread seem to be), I didn't downvote you for stating your opinion, although I disagree with you here.

It's nice if people want to share any keys they have, and there'll always be users who are comfortable with asking for some, but we already have dedicated threads for exactly these purposes. If this thread here would just serve info about said "promotional" events (and list keys connected to them, for those who were late or are not eligible etc.) it would be ideal in my book.
BlackThorny: *snip*
drmike: Well that answers my question about how many links one can stick in a post.
Actually there were a couple more links at some point, but I refined the list a bit to feature more note worthy* titles...
* All titles are either relevant to sale as they have a discount applied to them, even if no price present, part of a bundle (with other games that seem to cost money), limited time offering or have some value or peculiarity to them.

PMPMGamer: Shadowrun Returns Deluxe free 48 hours in the Humble Store.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/shadowrun-returns-deluxe
evilnancyreagan: Hooray!

Now if I only didn't already have this game on every platform ever conceived (and some that have yet to be)

Wellp, I got an extra key for one of you Johnny Come Latelys

Perhaps I should install the damn thing and actually finally play it?....

Nah!
Gosh, I missed it by only a couple of hours, and it was a game I was interested in.
Is it a single key containing the base game and both DLCs, A key for the base game and DRM-Free downloads?
Some other mix of the two?
Post edited June 24, 2018 by BlackThorny
BlackThorny: Gosh, I missed it by only a couple of hours, and it was a game I was interested in.
Is it a single key containing the base game and both DLCs, A key for the base game and DRM-Free downloads?
Some other mix of the two?
Here's the Steam Store description:
Shadowrun Returns Deluxe
Includes: Shadowrun Returns + Anthology + Soundtrack

And since I don't see download link for it in my Humble Library, I guess it's just a key for Steam and DRM-Free version is not included?
Makotolia: And since I don't see download link for it in my Humble Library, I guess it's just a key for Steam and DRM-Free version is not included?
That is correct. Steam key only.
But after download the game will run without Steam client as well.
Post edited June 24, 2018 by MarkoH01
Makotolia: And since I don't see download link for it in my Humble Library, I guess it's just a key for Steam and DRM-Free version is not included?
MarkoH01: That is correct. Steam key only.
Wow, thank you Marko! I remember seeing you or somebody else explaining the method to run DRM-free games without Steam client, did my memory serve me right? The method seemed somewhat complicated to me though, or else I'd like to save some RAM by getting rid of the client, considering that my notebook has only 1GB RAM...
MarkoH01: That is correct. Steam key only.
Makotolia: Wow, thank you Marko! I remember seeing you or somebody else explaining the method to run DRM-free games without Steam client, did my memory serve me right? The method seemed somewhat complicated to me though, or else I'd like to save some RAM by getting rid of the client, considering that my notebook has only 1GB RAM...
Complicated? Simply download the game, quit Steam and run the game using the executable. Not really complicated, is it?

There are some games on this list requiring to delete a file or to insert some text file but most of them simpy run out of the box.
Post edited June 24, 2018 by MarkoH01
high rated
Game Giveaway of the Day - Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions
Exclusive offer from Giveaway of the Day and MyPlayCity! No third-party advertising and browser add-ons!

When Catherine receives word of an attack on the Magic Academy, she sets out to save her school from a fate worse than foreclosure! Join her as she learns about The Illusionist, a wizard that's changed the appearance of countless objects around the world and is gathering an unstoppable army. To defeat her nemesis, Catherine will have to figure out ways to switch back and forth between reality and deception to solve puzzles in Magic Encyclopedia: Illusions!