It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic. (this one)
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 29, 2021 by ponczo_
mike_cesara: Hacknet - Deluxe Edition on HumbleBundle

edit:
Steam key + DRM-Free version available (Linux, Mac, Windows) + soundtrack.
Lexor: It's weird example when DRM-free version is not DRM-free as they still require to have and link Steam account to get it...
You can directly download it from HumbleBundle. There is no need to go through Steam to download your game. Many people make the mistake of going to their "keys" instead of their "Library". Your Library is where the DRM-Free downloads are.
Engerek01: it is free afterall
Well, I would not call free such offer which includes giving out my personal data. :D
vidsgame: You can directly download it from HumbleBundle. There is no need to go through Steam to download your game. Many people make the mistake of going to their "keys" instead of their "Library". Your Library is where the DRM-Free downloads are.
Yes, but to download the game it needs to be in my library first, right? And it won't be as they need some Steam data.
Post edited May 25, 2018 by Lexor
mike_cesara: Hacknet - Deluxe Edition on HumbleBundle

edit:
Steam key + DRM-Free version available (Linux, Mac, Windows) + soundtrack.
Lexor: It's weird example when DRM-free version is not DRM-free as they still require to have and link Steam account to get it...
I guess they're trying to make multiaccounters lives harder.. And you can have a fake steam account to grab DRM-free version. I agree, it is weird a bit but no more weirder than the world we all live in ; )
mike_cesara: And you can have a fake steam account to grab DRM-free version.
Yes, I know, but it's not the way it should be. :/
Fake accounts are often bread and butter today, but it's rather "stupid" option for me.
I do not like any kind of cheating, even if it is maybe not so "harmful".
Lexor: Well, I would not call free such offer which includes giving out my personal data. :D
vidsgame: You can directly download it from HumbleBundle. There is no need to go through Steam to download your game. Many people make the mistake of going to their "keys" instead of their "Library". Your Library is where the DRM-Free downloads are.
Lexor: Yes, but to download the game it needs to be in my library first, right? And it won't be as they need some Steam data.
No, it says "For key redemption, a free Steam or Audio download account is required." That is only referring to the Steam key. What happens when you click "Add to cart" and then click "Checkout"? Does it ask you to connect your Steam account? You do have to have a HumbleBundle account, of course but other than that, the game is DRM-Free just like on GOG.
tomyam80: Damn, i missed the giveaway on Fanatical. It's over now, if any1 hv an extra copy pls PM me. Thks.
Logtck: You've got PM! ;)
Thk u so much! Code has been redeemed with thks. :D
vidsgame: Does it ask you to connect your Steam account?
Yes, it does. There is no option to "just get it" other that linking Steam first.
mike_cesara: And you can have a fake steam account to grab DRM-free version.
Lexor: Yes, I know, but it's not the way it should be. :/
Fake accounts are often bread and butter today, but it's rather "stupid" option for me.
I do not like any kind of cheating, even if it is maybe not so "harmful".
I have to agree again. It is not very smart way.. All you can do is send them an email and ask for an proper account, not tied to any other service. Personally I have a Steam account, but I can't say I am very happy with it.. I'd rather kept my hard copies free from Steam. Now a bit more clever about it and not wasting any more money on somewhat useless boxes.
vidsgame: Does it ask you to connect your Steam account?
Lexor: Yes, it does. There is no option to "just get it" other that linking Steam first.
That's harsh. Then I would have to agree, that is weird and quite uncalled for. I already have mine linked but that was because of Shadow Warrior or some other game that required Steam it but it is weird to see it on Hacknet, especially when you have no use for the Steam key. It should be optional for DRM-Free type games.
mike_cesara: All you can do is send them an email and ask for an proper account, not tied to any other service.
What do you mean?

vidsgame: It should be optional for DRM-Free type games.
It still works that way for humble bundles (for example: even if you don't give them $1 for Steam key you still get DRM-free version) and I think it worked that way for free game giveaways in the distant past but maybe they upgraded the "web-engine" for them.
mike_cesara: All you can do is send them an email and ask for an proper account, not tied to any other service.
Lexor: What do you mean?

Lexor: It still works that way for humble bundles (for example: even if you don't give them $1 for Steam key you still get DRM-free version) and I think it worked that way for free game giveaways in the distant past but maybe they upgraded the "web-engine" for them.
Well at least that still works. That's good news. However, being unable to claim giveaways without a Steam account is a poor decision by HumbleBundle.

Mike was suggesting for you to contact Humble support to see whether they could help you out with getting Hacknet without having to connect your Steam account. I say that's a good suggestion.
Lexor: Well, I would not call free such offer which includes giving out my personal data. :D
Oh no, an email address and an IP! My life is like an open book to the evil overlord GabeN the girthful...!
Lexor: What do you mean?

Lexor: It still works that way for humble bundles (for example: even if you don't give them $1 for Steam key you still get DRM-free version) and I think it worked that way for free game giveaways in the distant past but maybe they upgraded the "web-engine" for them.
Just like vidsgame said, try to reach HB support if you have no Steam account and see what they can do about it.
btw, nothing's free, didn't you know about it? ; )
vidsgame: Well at least that still works. That's good news. However, being unable to claim giveaways without a Steam account is a poor decision by HumbleBundle.
They had a sale about a year ago in which you couldn't even buy anything without a linked Steam account. With every purchase you got a free game (I don't remember which one) and you could neither remove it from your cart nor check out without linking your Humble account with a Steam account.

Support wasn't able to fix it while the sale lasted. Instead they just said: "Sorry for the incovenience.".
vidsgame: Well at least that still works. That's good news. However, being unable to claim giveaways without a Steam account is a poor decision by HumbleBundle.
PaterAlf: They had a sale about a year ago in which you couldn't even buy anything without a linked Steam account. With every purchase you got a free game (I don't remember which one) and you could neither remove it from your cart nor check out without linking your Humble account with a Steam account.

Support wasn't able to fix it while the sale lasted. Instead they just said: "Sorry for the incovenience.".
I think that's why I linked my Steam account in the first place. I have no issues about sharing mine as I've removed my details years ago and all that account is a collection of games.

Randalator: Oh no, an email address and an IP! My life is like an open book to the evil overlord GabeN the girthful...!
The girthful. That's being rather hopeful and it made me laugh.