It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic. (this one)
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 29, 2021 by ponczo_
MadeinChina: it will be free for some time or we have to go to the site and get there key there????
Only during those 2 days the game will be free on Steam. When games are offered for free there for a limited time, in their store pages the usual button "Add to Cart" is changed to "Install Game" (exactly as if you own it), but for these free games you need to make sure to click on that button to add those games permanently innto your Steam account (yes, you will need one). Once clicked that button, a new window should appear asking where to install the game. Is not necessary to download it during that moment because the game has been already been added to your account and you can close that window. So if you want Limbo on Steam, during those days (June 21 or 22) you'll have to:

1. Login into your Steam account.
2. Visit its store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/48000/
3. Click in the green "Install Game" button to add it your account.
4. Download the game to play it right away or cancel to download it later.
MadeinChina: it will be free for some time or we have to go to the site and get there key there????
Azrael360: Only during those 2 days the game will be free on Steam. When games are offered for free there for a limited time, in their store pages the usual button "Add to Cart" is changed to "Install Game" (exactly as if you own it), but for these free games you need to make sure to click on that button to add those games permanently innto your Steam account (yes, you will need one). Once clicked that button, a new window should appear asking where to install the game. Is not necessary to download it during that moment because the game has been already been added to your account and you can close that window. So if you want Limbo on Steam, during those days (June 21 or 22) you'll have to:

So... Basically, by following those steps, you can get the game for free permanently?
Abovet: So... Basically, by following those steps, you can get the game for free permanently?
Yes, but only during those 2 days. But as almost all games on Steam, you will need the Steam client to play it for the rest of your life... (:P)
LiefLayer: can this game (prince of persia the sands of time from uplay client) be played without uplay?
I need to know because there is already a good wine wrapper for PoP the sand of time, but it will not be able to start uplay client... still I can download it with uplay and if possible copy the folder.
I quote myself...
Post edited June 14, 2016 by LiefLayer
LiefLayer: can this game (prince of persia the sands of time from uplay client) be played without uplay?
I need to know because there is already a good wine wrapper for PoP the sand of time, but it will not be able to start uplay client... still I can download it with uplay and if possible copy the folder.
LiefLayer: I quote myself...
That's so quotiful!!! :P
I tried. You need to download it and start it one time with uplay... but you don't need uplay to play it after that.

EDIT.
I also tried a wine wrapper (no uplay installed), it still works. So it is actually "DRM-free" after the first installation.
LiefLayer: I quote myself...
amrit9037: That's so quotiful!!! :P
^This!
LiefLayer: I tried. You need to download it and start it one time with uplay... but you don't need uplay to play it after that.

EDIT.
I also tried a wine wrapper (no uplay installed), it still works. So it is actually "DRM-free" after the first installation.
Great! Thanks for taking one for the team. +1. Added it to my original post.
Azrael360: Only during those 2 days the game will be free on Steam. When games are offered for free there for a limited time, in their store pages the usual button "Add to Cart" is changed to "Install Game" (exactly as if you own it), but for these free games you need to make sure to click on that button to add those games permanently innto your Steam account (yes, you will need one). Once clicked that button, a new window should appear asking where to install the game. Is not necessary to download it during that moment because the game has been already been added to your account and you can close that window. So if you want Limbo on Steam, during those days (June 21 or 22) you'll have to:

thank you for the help ^^ so let's wait for 21 then :D
Post edited June 14, 2016 by MadeinChina
Abovet: So... Basically, by following those steps, you can get the game for free permanently?
Azrael360: Yes, but only during those 2 days. But as almost all games on Steam, you will need the Steam client to play it for the rest of your life... (:P)
I see, thanks for the explanation then! :)
LiefLayer: I tried. You need to download it and start it one time with uplay... but you don't need uplay to play it after that.

EDIT.
Does it give you a license that is connected to your Uplay account, like the origin on the house? Or is it completely DRM-Free?

EDIT.
BlackThorny: Does it give you a license that is connected to your Uplay account, like the origin on the house? Or is it completely DRM-Free?
The former. You just don't need the client to launch and play the game.
BlackThorny: Does it give you a license that is connected to your Uplay account, like the origin on the house? Or is it completely DRM-Free?
Well it give you a license connected to uplay but it is still DRM-free because you don't need uplay installed to play the game... but before that you need to download and launch it one time on uplay client to install and configure the game.
After that you can copy the folder and use it in any computer you want.

still you cannot download it on the browser and you need an ubisoft account.

it is like some drm-free steam games.
I think some games are drm-free on origin too (I'm not sure).

PS. also gog give you a license to play the game... the only difference is that you can download the game from the browser.
high rated
https://www.indiegala.com/store#giveaway
Free Break Into Zatwor (Steam)
https://gleam.io/Qm5Lz/-running-clones-itch-
"Free" Running Clones (itch.io) aka Horrible Looking Thomas-Was-Alone Running Clones