It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

<span class="bold">Symphony Quest</span>

Symphony Quest is a single-player, and cooperative multiplayer action role-playing game for the PC. With the rise of a Goblin menace, civilisation has collapsed, and you must fight to ensure the survival of humanity. Nearly too late have humans discovered the greatest weakness of their new foes; Music.

The ‘Symphony’ is the magical, musical technology used by mankind to fight against goblins, and the hostile environment in the shattered remains of earth, now known by most as ‘Dischord’. The player controls ‘Symphony’ with an 8-key layout on the keyboard, corresponding to a full octave. Specific, melodic combinations activate abilities that can be used to defeat enemies, assist allies, and solve puzzles.
Nice find!
IAmSinistar: Nice find!
agree! :)
I'm such a fool for "Death Rally" : You can find here for free!!!!
(look where it says "For a touch on nostalgia you can download the original Death rally for free.")

Old news I guess, this has been around for like 3 years....... But we should keep posting about it every week! This game is awesome!!!
Post edited October 24, 2014 by phandom
<span class="bold">Desura Freedom Friday - Oct 24</span>

Holyspirit

Holyspirit is a 2D isometric hack'n'slash game.

Urban Terror

Urban Terror is a free multiplayer first person shooter developed by FrozenSand, that (thanks to the ioquake3-code) does not require Quake III Arena anymore. It is available for Windows, Linux and Macintosh.

Spooky's House of Jump Scares

Can you survive 1000 rooms of cute terror? Or will you break once the cuteness starts to fade off and your running for your life from the unspeakable hideous beings that shake and writhe in bowels of this house? They wait for you, they wait and hunger for meeting you. They long to finally meet you and show you how flexible your skin can be after it has soaked in blood. Will you brave this journey, will you set to beat the impossible, the insane, and the incorporeal?

Music of the Spheres

Music of the Spheres is a puzzle-shooter about bouncing bullets, Islamic art, and sound. In it you can fire bullets which bounce, and when they bounce, a specific glockenspiel note is played.
phandom: I'm such a fool for "Death Rally" : You can find here for free!!!!
(look where it says "For a touch on nostalgia you can download the original Death rally for free.")

Old news I guess, this has been around for like 3 years....... But we should keep posting about it every week! This game is awesome!!!
You're not wrong. It's probably the game of that type (action/top down view) on which I have spent the most time ever.
I found no trace of <span class="bold"><i>Future Pinball</i></span> in this thread, mentioned by <span class="bold">amund</span> in the last pinball promo. For those who, like me, did not know it before:

Future Pinball is a real time Pinball Development System. It allows you to design and play your very own pinball simulation in True real time 3D. It uses Advanced Physics to provide the best possible Simulation of a true to life pinball machine.
If you are new to Future Pinball be sure to Download Sci-Fi Classic (below) and check out the Tables section on this site and the Support Forum for other user designed tables.
Under Vista/Windows 7 be sure to run Future Pinball as administrator.

Microsoft Windows Vista and XP (SP1 or above) or 2000 (unsupported) running openGL 1.5 and Direct X 8 (Direct Input).
Windows 98/ME/NT are not supported.

Future Pinball also runs under some linux distributions via the Wine compatibility layer.
madth3: I found no trace of <span class="bold"><i>Future Pinball</i></span> in this thread, mentioned by <span class="bold">amund</span> in the last pinball promo. For those who, like me, did not know it before:
Sounds neat for hardcore pinball fans. ;-D
HypersomniacLive: Sounds neat for hardcore pinball fans. ;-D
Really hardcore, maybe.
:-)

The Table logic is scripted in Visual Basic Scripting (via the Microsoft Scripting Technology's built into Microsoft Windows). Scripting is designed to be simple but flexible enough to allow a wide vararity of Original Games to be created. Only a limited subset of the Visual Basic Scripting Language is used as a lot of extra functionality is provided by the game engine.

Full Sound / Music Support is also provided with multiple Music Channels to allow cross fading.

As Future Pinball is a Game Construction Program it contains some advanced concepts which may require a little bit of time (and patience) to learn and fully understand (such as computer graphics and scripting concepts).
phandom: I'm such a fool for "Death Rally" : You can find here for free!!!!

Yeah, a free Windows version got released five years ago. The only thing missing from that release is LAN play (since the original was released with IPX/Modem/Serial code which is still sold at some places online). Still a very fun game to play though. :D
Post edited October 25, 2014 by Bandock
http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-free-games-of-the-week-49/ may be worth a while to scroll through previous weeks too.
This thread is awesome.
I 'm surprised noone has talked about DoomRL, a doom roguelike turn-based and a very creative one.

http://doom.chaosforge.org/
TanguyLOZ: I 'm surprised noone has talked about DoomRL, a doom roguelike turn-based and a very creative one.

http://doom.chaosforge.org/
Well, the lists at the beginning of the thread haven't been updated for 2 years, but I'll bet it's been mentioned somewhere in the last 20 pages or so. It's pretty well known.
<span class="bold">Fibrillation</span> is currently free on Desura.