It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Nice game, Unreal. It was mentioned a a few months ago when it was free on Desura
Huff: Nice game, Unreal. It was mentioned a a few months ago when it was free on Desura
Yes, it's permanently free there, I think: http://www.desura.com/games/the-unreal-world
<span class="bold">Desura Freedom Friday - Dec 19</span>

The Dwarves, The Notebook, Stories of Bethem and The Stained
IAmSinistar: <span class="bold">Desura Freedom Friday - Dec 19</span>

The Dwarves, The Notebook, Stories of Bethem and The Stained
They do make me wonder - putting them on the main page separately, then bundling together as the Freedom Friday makes little sense.
One more for then next Friday? http://www.desura.com/games/within-deep-sorrows
<span class="bold">Christmas Shopper Simulator</span> :p

Say goodbye to the frankly overrated sense of achievement that you get from actually going Christmas shopping.

Finally you can live out your tamest fantasies, playing a simulation of something you’ve been putting off, during time that could be spent actually doing that thing. It’s the final frontier of time-wastery, and all you have to do to get it is press that button.

It’s Christmassy, it’s shoppery, It’s simulatory and it’s totally free. And not just because we forgot to allocate a price when we submitted it to GAME. Mainly that though.
Post edited December 27, 2014 by triock
high rated
20 other freeware games (not mentioned yet)

<span class="bold">0 A.D</span> (by Wildfire Games)

0 A.D. (pronounced “zero-ey-dee”) is a free, open-source, historical Real Time Strategy (RTS) game currently under development by Wildfire Games, a global group of volunteer game developers. As the leader of an ancient civilization, you must gather the resources you need to raise a military force and dominate your enemies.

<span class="bold">Inside My Radio</span> (by TurboDindon)

It is called "Inside my radio". In this game you play the guy who's in charge to keep the rhythm in a boombox. All the moves you perform must be synchronized with the tempo of the music.

<span class="bold">Moon Child</span> (by Vacouver Film School Student Team)

A 3D platformer set inside a child's imagination developed by four students in Unity. Face platforming challenges and multiple paths choices. Fight creatures that have been possessed by your fears! Collect stars to fuel your powers! Ride to the moon on the back of a wolf!

<span class="bold">Battle Jump</span> (by Jérome Baudoux)

Battle Jump is a free 3D Platform game using OpenGL in order to be available on Windows, Mac OS and Linux. Battle Jump is a dexterity game in which you incarnate a character that can only move by making leaps. You must bring your Jumper at the end of levels filled with traps. Your skills will be sorely tested, and your only goal will be to finish the level the faster you can.

<span class="bold">Lurking</span> (by Digipen Institute of Technology Singapore)

Lurking is a survival thriller game where sound is the only way you see, and they hear your fears. The game spawned from the core concept of using a microphone input device in a meaningful way for gameplay. We built a system that upon calibration detects your breathing. This audio data is then converted into game visuals in the form of pulses, creating a secondary level of immersion. As such the use of a microphone headset is strongly recommended. Lurking also features OculusVR(DK1) support which completes the immersive experience.

<span class="bold">Neverball</span> (by RLK)

Tilt the floor to roll a ball through an obstacle course before time runs out. Neverball is part puzzle game, part action game, and entirely a test of skill.

<span class="bold">PouetChess</span> (by Frederic Martin)

A 3D and portable chess game with an embedded Artificial Intelligence and some pretty good graphics.

<span class="bold">The Cat That Got the Milk</span> (by Chris Randle)

Ever wondered where Cats go at night? The Cat That Got The Milk is an action game. Its a night out on the town from a Cats abstract perspective. The controls are simply Up and Down. There are 18 levels to complete.

<span class="bold">BrainSplode!</span> (by Rust Red Games)

BrainSplode is a new game from Rust Red Games about rockets and busting some alien brains! They came to suck the life out of the planet, but they didn’t expect to be BrainSploded! As the game progresses, more stages are added to your rocket allowing for complex and exciting manouvers! Then, choose your own configuration to burst the brains!

<span class="bold">Unvanquished</span> (by Unvanquished Team)

Unvanquished is a fast-paced, futuristic FPS with RTS elements, pitting technologically advanced humans against hordes of highly adaptable aliens. The player can choose from either team, providing a fresh gameplay experience on both sides of the conflict.

<span class="bold">Tower Master</span> (by Protocannon)

Tower Master is a multiplayer game in which the contestants race each other in booby trap-filled levels designed and built by themselves. So you want to enter the race to the top of the tower? Well hold your horses for a moment, because first you must make a floor to enter a match! After you’re done building your cleverly fiendish floor you must prove yourself by finishing it yourselves. Only then you are deemed worthy to claim your position at the gates of the tower!

<span class="bold">Thunder Gut</span> (by Jonathan Hudson)

Thunder Gut is a unique arcade/shooter/platformer mix about a naked superhero that only wears a mustache. Interesting fast paced mouse controlled arcade action about flying, shooting and rolling around.

<span class="bold">Telepaint!</span> (by Mark Foster)

Using the keyboard to activate portals with numbers 1 through 6, guide the protagonist (a can of paint) to their friend (a paint brush). It's a short puzzle/action game where the character auto runs and the player controls the portals which the character can move through.

<span class="bold">Astrobunny</span> (by Digipen Institute of Technology)

Help Astrobunny return home by guiding a spaceship through a sequence of orbital jumps, but beware of space hazards along the way!

<span class="bold">Super Adventure Pals</span> (by Corupted & JayArmstrong)

Super Adventure is an action, adventure, rpg, platformer where you control a boy with his companion giraffe. Super Adventure Pals involves mechanics from classic platformer games while incorporating new awesome stuff.

<span class="bold">Space Chunks II</span> (by George Thornton)

Space Chunks II is a fast-paced, action-packed classic arcade style game made by George Thornton. Packed to the brim with gorgeously glorious graphics and shudderingly superb sound, your enjoyment is assured!

<span class="bold">The Fourth Wall</span> (by Team Pig Trigger)

The Fourth Wall is a game about screen wrap. You are a wizard that has the ability to control the boundaries of his 2D world. Embark on a lifelong journey, solving puzzles through a unique, calming world.

<span class="bold">Mother Machine</span> (by Ben Swinden)

Explore the dormant ancient organic construct. You are the peaceful traveler. You are the destroyer.

<span class="bold">UNGA needs MUMBA</span> (by Knoodn)

Central Europe - 25,000 years ago... UNGA is an ambitious Stone Age hunter. He comes home after a hard hunting day with nothing but this small rat-like animal - not enough for his wife NONGA. For a long time she wants to eat something delicious. Therefore UNGA's task is clear: HE HAS TO HUNT A HUGE MAMMOTH! Can you help UNGA to succeed on his prehistoric adventure?

<span class="bold">Falcon Beertender</span> (by E-Game)
(Alternate download list)

The goal in Falcon Beertender is the same as in <span class="bold">Tapper</span>, and the layout is very similar: as a barkeeper, your job is to serve your customers a mug of beer each. If you don't do this in time before they reach the counter, they will hit you, costing you a life (you start with three). Falcon Beertender enhances the gameplay of Tapper in 2 ways. First, your customers can sometimes be very thirsty: they will toss back an empty beer mug for you to fill. You'll have to catch those mugs and pass them more beer. Secondly, breaking a (glass) mug also costs you a life, so you must make sure that you're not tossing more beer mugs than necessary, lest they crash into a back wall.

Have fun! :-)
H0ly Sh1te, that's a lot of games!! Now let's see how many of those are worthy of my "precious" time :P
for some reason I get a message saying I can't post links at this time >> I'll post here once I'm able to. For those familiar with the older thread, I recently posted em there by mistake. Thanks to all who have been posting here. I'm going to have to check em out, but there are soo many lol
1337KittenFan: for some reason I get a message saying I can't post links at this time >> I'll post here once I'm able to.
You need more rep to post a link, I think 7 or 10.
1337KittenFan: for some reason I get a message saying I can't post links at this time >> I'll post here once I'm able to.
triock: You need more rep to post a link, I think 7 or 10.
Oh darn... how can I earn some more rep? And thx for telling me.
1337KittenFan: Oh darn... how can I earn some more rep? And thx for telling me.
Just keep posting. ;)

edit: you can also read this (scroll down to What is this “rep” thing on the forums?) - http://www.gog.com/support/website_help/forums_feedback
Post edited December 29, 2014 by triock
geez, I lost 2 rep & have no clue how >> Oh well, thanks triock for the replies & help :)

As far as freebies, since I can't post links check out Indie Gala. They are giving away Racer 8 for free and Afterfall Reconquest if you spend $10 or more in the store.
<span class="bold">Unknown Horizons</span>

Unknown Horizons is a 2D realtime strategy simulation with an emphasis on economy and city building. Expand your small settlement to a strong and wealthy colony, collect taxes and supply your inhabitants with valuable goods. Increase your power with a well balanced economy and with strategic trade and diplomacy.

<span class="bold">Contact Cowboy</span>

Contact Cowboy' is a two-player Shoot-O-Bluff created in under 48 hours for Ludum Dare #31 by Jrap. The goal of the game is to discover who your opponent is playing as, and block them from achieving their goals.
Wicked's Endless Bullet Hell (Desura)

Wicked's Endless Bullet Hell is a never ending bullet hell game where the objective is to get as high of a score as possible by destroying enemy ships as fast as possible in order to build a combo while effectively using the shield mechanic and dodging enemy bullets.
Post edited January 05, 2015 by Tannath
No Male Heroes (Desura)

No Male Heroes is a short newsgame relating to the discussion about “Tropes vs. Women in Video Games“ from Anita Sarkeesian. News games aim to entertain and to offer new perspective or ways to give information about important topics.
The main character Neil is a passionate video gamer in a parallel universe where gender roles are reversed. He is used to video games where women are in charge, without any male heroes. One day, the daily routine of cooking, cleaning and houseman boredom is disrupted by a chain of events getting not only threatening, but more and more surrealistic as well…

Grim (Desura)

Grim is in trouble. Mama is not happy with him after going on his little outburst at Christmas; reaping souls willy-nilly and upsetting the order of the realms. He's already upset Him downstairs, and if he doesn't put right the mess he's made, Him upstairs will be having a word too! Help Grim through 100 levels of Classic Arcade Action! Reap the lost souls stuck in the wrong realm before they turn bad! Watch out for the other inhabitants of the realm, who aren't best pleased with what you've done! And you better get it done before bedtime, or Mama Grim will be reaping your soul, instead! Grim is an Arcade game, melding Bubble Bobble and Bomb Jack to create an unholy fusion even the Reaper would approve of! With 100 levels, 4-player local co-op and three difficulty levels to ensure everyone can play, regardless of skill. And whatever you do, don't upset Mama Grim!
Post edited January 05, 2015 by Tannath