It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This is the first time a Freedom Friday has games that I want to try. My only issue is that it seems like I have to install the Desura client to download the games. I am not totally anti client has I have Steam but would like to know how invasive Desura is. Do I need it running in order to play Desura games?
justanoldgamer: This is the first time a Freedom Friday has games that I want to try. My only issue is that it seems like I have to install the Desura client to download the games. I am not totally anti client has I have Steam but would like to know how invasive Desura is. Do I need it running in order to play Desura games?
No, you don't need the client. When you click on Install game, there's a small link to "download direct" above the two big buttons.
Post edited November 22, 2014 by Spinorial
justanoldgamer: This is the first time a Freedom Friday has games that I want to try. My only issue is that it seems like I have to install the Desura client to download the games. I am not totally anti client has I have Steam but would like to know how invasive Desura is. Do I need it running in order to play Desura games?
You don't need the client to install or play the games.

You can add them to your collection from the front page - search for the title, then click on "Add to my collection".
On the game page click on "Install game" and then choose "other options" (or something along these lines). This will take you to a screen were you can download the installers directly and then run them to install the games, and then... play! :-)
HypersomniacLive: You don't need the client to install or play the games.

You can add them to your collection from the front page - search for the title, then click on "Add to my collection".
On the game page click on "Install game" and then choose "other options" (or something along these lines). This will take you to a screen were you can download the installers directly and then run them to install the games, and then... play! :-)
Thank you. This is a very nice way to do things. I guess I won't exclude Desura anymore when I look at trade and give-away posts.
Not all games have direct download links though.

They have more than 400 free games. Most are crappy, but in there are a few old AAA titles, several not so old but very nice indies and a few interesting multiplayer only games, so I'm sure you'll find something else there that strikes your fancy. ;)
<span class="bold">Louder than Thunder</span>

Louder than Thunder is a game about the circumstances we are given in life, how they are unavoidable. But how we cope with them is important.

Louder than Thunder takes the classic RPG adventure genre and common tropes, warps them and then applies consequence and morality. Forcing the player to question what they would do to get what they want.

Louder than Thunder is a unique mix of cute, lowpoly fantasy world and the confronting reality of what life really entails for a lot of us.

And just for fun :p
<span class="bold">Snail Simulator 2015</span>

Snail Simulator is a "simulation" game, where we controll a little snail in a first person view. It isn't exactly a simulator, It tries to be funny through multiple game modes like Clasic, Hardcore, SlenderSnail... and more coming. The game are originally in spanish, but have a english version.

(Beta V0.2.1) -last update 15/NOV/2014
And something for VN fans

<span class="bold">Everlasting Summer</span>

Meeting Semyon, the game's main character, you would've never paid attention to him. Just an ordinary young man with thousands, even hundreds of thousands of those like him in every ordinary city. But one day something completely unusual happens to him: he falls asleep in a bus in winter and wakes up... in the middle of a hot summer. In front of him is "Sovionok" - a pioneer camp, behind him is his former life. To understand what happened to him, Semyon will have to get to know the local inhabitants (and maybe even find love), find his way in the complex labyrinth of human relationships and his own problems and solve the camp's mysteries. And answer the main question - how to come back? Should he come back?

Can't find non-Steam English version, sorry folks :I
triock: And something for VN fans

<span class="bold">Everlasting Summer</span>

Meeting Semyon, the game's main character, you would've never paid attention to him. Just an ordinary young man with thousands, even hundreds of thousands of those like him in every ordinary city. But one day something completely unusual happens to him: he falls asleep in a bus in winter and wakes up... in the middle of a hot summer. In front of him is "Sovionok" - a pioneer camp, behind him is his former life. To understand what happened to him, Semyon will have to get to know the local inhabitants (and maybe even find love), find his way in the complex labyrinth of human relationships and his own problems and solve the camp's mysteries. And answer the main question - how to come back? Should he come back?

Can't find non-Steam English version, sorry folks :I
Will it run without steam?
Post edited November 23, 2014 by Niggles
Niggles: Will it run without steam?
Dunno, I'm gonna try it now. ;)

edit: meh, got an error when trying to run it without Steam. :/
Post edited November 23, 2014 by triock
http://www.desura.com/games/alco-invaders/news/alco-invaders-is-free
Also http://www.desura.com/games/battlelite (alpha) is free atm.
<span class="bold">Astralia</span>

Astralia is a top down space shooter with RTS elements, you fly around shooting up monsters, at the same time commanding a team of drone fighters and capital ships, and gathering resources. The gameplay requires both reflexes and tactical thinking, effective use of the allied ships and resource management are essential to playing and winning the game, if you don't pay attention to that the A.I. will make short work of you.
Impaler26: <span class="bold">Astralia</span>

Astralia is a top down space shooter with RTS elements, you fly around shooting up monsters, at the same time commanding a team of drone fighters and capital ships, and gathering resources. The gameplay requires both reflexes and tactical thinking, effective use of the allied ships and resource management are essential to playing and winning the game, if you don't pay attention to that the A.I. will make short work of you.
hey thats where i come from... oh wait... they left the u out. :P
<span class="bold">Desura Black Friday - Nov 28</span>

Astralia (requires an account and the Desura client to download and install)

CaveExpress

CaveExpress is a classic 2D platformer with physics-based gameplay and dozens of levels. Master your pedal-powered flying machine to pick up packages from your cave-dwelling clients and drop them off at the collection point. But beware! Mighty mastodons, terrifying pterodactyls and others would rather see you extinct. The game source code is also available on GitHub - but of course I would be glad about donations via Desura.

BattleLite

BattleLite is a new, innovative, third-person-shooter which only has a multiplayer gameplay mode. The game is fun to play and has a wide variety of maps and environments you can never get bored of, also some maps contain many easter eggs for you to discover, as well as fantasy elements. BattleLite is developed in Unity engine and is currently under EXTREMELY HEAVY development. Its point is to deliver updates as soon as possible so the player can never get tired of playing!

Sector Seven

Sector Seven is experimental shooter game with RPG elements. It's a game with powerful ship building system allowing player to build unique space ship tied with an epic story and epic bosses.
Post edited November 29, 2014 by HypersomniacLive
Desura seem to be copying our posts to choose titles for Freedom Friday ;) It's nice they acknowledge Indie Royal though, Is that a first?
Annoyingly, Desura won't let me download Astralia, at least not without client/account. Anyone else?