It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GameRager: In a good way, a bad way, or a moderately confused way? :)
Mostly confused. It was mostly just "Oh yeah, I forgot about that".
low rated
SirPrimalform: Mostly confused. It was mostly just "Oh yeah, I forgot about that".
I forget....were you on the player list?

I know I had a map drawn out and everything, and had people choosing actions and picking up items and such....but little else.
SirPrimalform: Mostly confused. It was mostly just "Oh yeah, I forgot about that".
GameRager: I forget....were you on the player list?

I know I had a map drawn out and everything, and had people choosing actions and picking up items and such....but little else.
Oh yeah, I can't remember my character but I think he had a brain spoon.

Joe's character was an engine driver?
low rated
SirPrimalform: Oh yeah, I can't remember my character but I think he had a brain spoon.

Joe's character was an engine driver?
Maybe....I DO remember it was in an asylum or similar building, though(the setting).
I'm making a post so that I'm notified of replies if I want to play later.
lonzi: I'm making a post so that I'm notified of replies if I want to play later.
I'm guessing that means you want to be added to this list:
TheGOGfather: Players to be contacted when there is new sign up
GOGFAAATHERRRRRR!

I'd recommend ticking the "This is my favourite topic" box as well, because... well obviously this is your favourite topic!
Post edited April 14, 2020 by SirPrimalform
Microfish_1: I'd be interested even though i know nothing at all about the game. As far as I know I've never heard of it before now.
GameRager: How does one play it/what does it involve?
I left out some mechanics, but this is the simplest version...

There are three teams. The viziers, the rebels, and the protestors. Like in mafia, everyone's allegiance is kept hidden except for the grand vizier.

At the end of the first session of court, the grand vizier will appoint several lower viziers from the other players to join his faction, and they will receive powers based on the setup of the game. Their objective is to imprison all of the rebels.

If a vizier is *defamed, the grand vizier will select a replacement. If the grand vizier selects a rebel, then he will be assassinated, in which case the remaining players will vote for a new grand vizier the next “day.”

The rebels win if one of them is chosen to be the grand vizier, or if they control a majority of lower vizier positions. The protesters win alongside the rebels, unless they are appointed viziers.

*Defamation: After the court phase is over, the grand vizier and rebels each choose a player to defame. During the next court session, players will vote for either of the two players (similar to lynching). If the player who gets the most votes is a vizier, then he is removed from office and becomes a protestor. If it’s not a vizier, then they are imprisoned.
Post edited April 14, 2020 by zazak09
lonzi: I'm making a post so that I'm notified of replies if I want to play later.
Added to the notify list
Post edited April 14, 2020 by TheGOGfather
zazak09: I left out some mechanics, but this is the simplest version...

There are three teams. The viziers, the rebels, and the protestors. Like in mafia, everyone's allegiance is kept hidden except for the grand vizier.

At the end of the first session of court, the grand vizier will appoint several lower viziers from the other players to join his faction, and they will receive powers based on the setup of the game. Their objective is to imprison all of the rebels.

If a vizier is *defamed, the grand vizier will select a replacement. If the grand vizier selects a rebel, then he will be assassinated, in which case the remaining players will vote for a new grand vizier the next “day.”

The rebels win if one of them is chosen to be the grand vizier, or if they control a majority of lower vizier positions. The protesters win alongside the rebels, unless they are appointed viziers.

*Defamation: After the court phase is over, the grand vizier and rebels each choose a player to defame. During the next court session, players will vote for either of the two players (similar to lynching). If the player who gets the most votes is a vizier, then he is removed from office and becomes a protestor. If it’s not a vizier, then they are imprisoned.
Thank you! It sounds interesting, and I'd definitely be willing to play that!
JoeSapphire: I'm up next to host! Shall I do something I've vaguely thought about, something I've mentioned doing and forgot about, something experimental, or something totally new?
Why don't you try something you've never done before?

Here is an idea: the setup is closed, but roles are restricted to a list you provide.
JoeSapphire: I'm up next to host! Shall I do something I've vaguely thought about, something I've mentioned doing and forgot about, something experimental, or something totally new?
ZFR: Why don't you try something you've never done before?

Here is an idea: the setup is closed, but roles are restricted to a list you provide.
Isn’t that what they call a semi-open setting? Or semi-open are understood to have further restrictions?
SirPrimalform: ..............
GOGFAAATHERRRRRR!
Brilliant!
Carradice: Isn’t that what they call a semi-open setting? Or semi-open are understood to have further restrictions?
I think semi-open usually refers to things like C9++ where the game makeup is procedurally generated (c here).

The joke is that Joe's normal MO is to say "the roles are restricted in the usual way" and link to the massive GOG list of roles.
SirPrimalform: ..............
GOGFAAATHERRRRRR!
flubbucket: Brilliant!
Phew, that makes it all worthwhile! I was beginning to think I'd wasted all this time I have far too much of.
ZFR: Why don't you try something you've never done before?

Carradice: Isn’t that what they call a semi-open setting? Or semi-open are understood to have further restrictions?
I think semi-open is a generic term to anything that's between open and closed.
[url=https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Semi-Open_Setups]https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Semi-Open_Setups[/url]

Joe may or may not have used the format I described. Once, or twice, or 3 times or always.

His list may or may not have been so large to make it almost a closed setup.

People may or may not have still failed to refer to his list and gain valuable information about how some roles, like maybe masons, work in his setup.
Post edited April 14, 2020 by ZFR
ZFR: People may or may not have still failed to refer to his list and gain valuable information about how some roles, like maybe masons, work in his setup.
Pshaw I say.

Let's just say certain preceding games may have made some of us overly suspicious of those sorts of roles.