It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

TheGOGfather: Get some help...
PookaMustard: lol

zeogold: I'm not sure how well that'll go. Like, if you can pull it off, props to you, but just so you're aware, the last time I hosted it, people were noting that they felt Secret Hitler was bad for a forum format/generally too slow to be that exciting.
PookaMustard: I find deadlines to keep players active, especially in the Mafia game I have ongoing on Discord (you're part of it). The four-day long D1 followed by three-day long Days seems like a decent recipe to keep Secret Hitler from not being boring. As for randomized votes and chancellors, this could be considered, even capitalized on by flavor.
The "no deadline" setup I last played in was fun, long, and WE HAD A ROADMAP! The previous game was shorter and funnerererererererer.

PookaMustard: Secret Hitler #2 was when agentcarr left and zeogold scrambled to find a person, eventually ending up with me playing in carr's place. Ever since then and things just haven't been the same...I've been all over mafia and Secret Hitler games now, and hosting a bunch of ones on a Discord server focused on games like it.

I also now understand what the hell are those large as heck "forum mafia" threads where people seemed to be talking about some weird stuff. Someone else has probably taken my place and is now wondering that.
Lol, I was one of those a few months back.
The sign-up thread is up!

Is the host supposed to contact those who wish to be contacted when there is a new sign-up, or is that a GOGfather task?
Post edited July 06, 2019 by agentcarr16
agentcarr16: The sign-up thread is up!

Is the host supposed to contact those who wish to be contacted when there is a new sign-up, or is that a GOGfather task?
It is a favor bestowed out of the extreme magnanimousity of the GoGFather's generosity.

But someday, and that day may never come, I may ask you to do a service for me.
WHAT.

THE FNCK.

I come back after nearly 8 years and some shloub called SirPrimnproper is taking credit for my spotless win record! Not only that but I find Vitek stabbing me in the back!

Vitek: He was called eyeball and I thought it was the worst person ever.
Post edited July 09, 2019 by eyeball226
eyeball226:
Who is this Forum 'title'less Joker?
eyeball226:
JoeSapphire: Who is this Forum 'title'less Joker?
Who's this numberless clown?
JoeSapphire: Who is this Forum 'title'less Joker?
eyeball226: Who's this numberless clown?
That's Joe. He's a very well respected clown about these parts.
JoeSpaphire: That's Joe. He's a very well respected clown about these parts.
Joe? trentonlf is Joe.
eyeball226: Joe? trentonlf is Joe.
Oops, yeah. Ignore me. I thought it was Trentonlf because the avatars are similar. I don't know who that clown is.
bler144: There's also a bit of a tactical dilemma here. By the numbers Godfather is the least useful role since it counters only one town role (cop) whereas strongman (doctor, RB) and Ninja (Tracker/watcher) both counter two.
Yes, but it's extremely unlikely for Town to choose two roles from the same bucket (doctor/RB or watcher/tracker). Town is going to vote to get one max from each. So while strongman and Ninja counter 2 roles, in practice they will counter only 1, just like Godfather.

Cop has the advantage of being the only role, aside from Doctor, who doesn't give any false positives so to speak. RB, watcher and tracker can as you noted backfire if they target a town PR.

On top of that, if a cop misses, he still provides a tiny bit of useful info in saying that X is town (or Godfather). If a doctor or RB misses, the net result is nothing useful.

All in all I think town should choose 2 x 1 from each bucket (cop),(doc/RB),(tracker,watcher). WIth RB ideally skipped, and preferably tracker over watcher.
ZFR: Cop has the advantage of being the only role, aside from Doctor, who doesn't give any false positives so to speak. RB, watcher and tracker can as you noted backfire if they target a town PR.
Maybe not as bad as you think. If the tracker/watcher see someone target someone that isn't the NK, then the tracker/watcher found confirmed town. If they see someone target the NK, they found either scum or a town PR.
ZFR: Yes, but it's extremely unlikely for Town to choose two roles from the same bucket (doctor/RB or watcher/tracker). Town is going to vote to get one max from each. So while strongman and Ninja counter 2 roles, in practice they will counter only 1, just like Godfather.
In theory, I agree - in practice I don't think it's quite as certain.

If the voting were sequential, then that sort of outcome is more likely. (i.e. everyone votes on choice #1, a determination is made, then a separate vote for #2 already knowing the outcome to #1).

With both votes going down simultaneously, as appears to be the fashion, the results will be messier. The reason it's less likely is really that doctor is likely to garner votes regardless.
bler144: With both votes going down simultaneously, as appears to be the fashion, the results will be messier. The reason it's less likely is really that doctor is likely to garner votes regardless.
But it's going to be discuss+vote isn't it? Or just post our choices and that's it?
bler144: With both votes going down simultaneously, as appears to be the fashion, the results will be messier. The reason it's less likely is really that doctor is likely to garner votes regardless.
ZFR: But it's going to be discuss+vote isn't it? Or just post our choices and that's it?
*shrug* Yes? That would depend heavily on the players involved.

By way of example, in the lovers mafia game, I think the longest lover thread had around 13 posts in it.
ZFR: But it's going to be discuss+vote isn't it? Or just post our choices and that's it?
Bookwyrm627: *shrug* Yes? That would depend heavily on the players involved.
So, with any half-decent players + discussion, there is no way to end up with Watcher+tracker or doctor+RB.
Bookwyrm627: By way of example, in the lovers mafia game, I think the longest lover thread had around 13 posts in it.
That's true love. You don't need to talk much.
Post edited July 10, 2019 by ZFR