It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZFR: Am I up next?
What have you got planned?
ZFR: Am I up next?
JoeSapphire: What have you got planned?
C9++. Without a twist.

For those unfamiliar with it:
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=C9%2B%2B

I really liked the setup. You get to use random.org and all that. And I felt it didn't get its chance to be appreciated last time I used it. Because of the twist.

So I'd like to try a normal version of it. Any strong opinions for or against?

Very light flavour, if any at all. Wasn't really all that good at it last time. I'll probably just pick a theme and name characters from there.

The only other thing I'd do differently from last time is I won't explicitly state results. Cop will get TOWN or MAFIA (or NO RESULT if blocked). Everyone else will have to see the bodies in the morning and form their own opinion as to what happened.
Post edited May 24, 2019 by ZFR
JoeSapphire: What have you got planned?
ZFR: C9++. Without a twist.
Aha, "no" twist, eh? Gotcha

;)
ZFR: C9++. Without a twist.
JoeSapphire: Aha, "no" twist, eh? Gotcha

;)
I'll save spot #1 for you.
ZFR: Very light flavour, if any at all. Wasn't really all that good at it last time. I'll probably just pick a theme and name characters from there.
nonsense!

Not that you shouldn't do a low-flavour game if you choose to. But don't do it for that reason.

Spot #1 would suit me nicely, thank you very much!
JoeSapphire: Aha, "no" twist, eh? Gotcha

;)
ZFR: I'll save spot #1 for you.
... and then in a surprise twist kick you to spot #13 just before the game starts.
ZFR: I'll save spot #1 for you.
ZFR: ... and then in a surprise twist kick you to spot #13 just before the game starts.
:C
ZFR: ... and then in a surprise twist kick you to spot #13 just before the game starts.
JoeSapphire: :C
Come on. It's like the best twist ever.

On a serious note, if the list on post2 is indeed in order then I'll set up a sign up thread when I finish work today. Or tomorrow if I finish late.
ZFR: The only other thing I'd do differently from last time is I won't explicitly state results. Cop will get TOWN or MAFIA (or NO RESULT if blocked). Everyone else will have to see the bodies in the morning and form their own opinion as to what happened.
I'm not sure I'm following - are you saying no flips?

Or are you just saying you had too much related info in your flavour and are just stripping back to standard mechanics?
ZFR: The only other thing I'd do differently from last time is I won't explicitly state results. Cop will get TOWN or MAFIA (or NO RESULT if blocked). Everyone else will have to see the bodies in the morning and form their own opinion as to what happened.
You mean no flips?
bler144: I'm not sure I'm following - are you saying no flips?

Or are you just saying you had too much related info in your flavour and are just stripping back to standard mechanics?
No, no.

Flips as normal.

In my previous game, anyone with an action, e.g. Doctor, NKer, Roleblocker, would get a PM from me with either SUCESS: Your action was successful, or FAILURE: Your action failed. The latter they'd get if they were roleblocked or their target was protected. This time I won't send anything of this kind.
(Check PMs here:
https://quicktopic.com/52/H/dXhdAKbsn3qB2)

It can make a difference. e.g. a Doctor who gets a failure knows he was roleblocked, thus getting more info about possible setup.
Post edited May 25, 2019 by ZFR
bler144: I'm not sure I'm following - are you saying no flips?

In his previous game he gave Doctors (other roles as well?) results in the form of Success/Failure, with the definition he used for each being confusing (at least to me). I assume he's referring to dropping that this time.

EDIT: And ninja'd by the master himself.

EDIT2: Emm... that's not exactly how you argued about it in our PM exchanges, hence why it was confusing to me.
Post edited May 25, 2019 by HypersomniacLive
HypersomniacLive: EDIT2: Emm... that's not exactly how you argued about it in our PM exchanges, hence why it was confusing to me.
Yeah yours was the confusing one.

Basically what I meant is for a Doctor to have Success always, unless they were RBed.
Whether their protection target was attacked or not was irrelevant.
so a SUCESS: your protection was successful didn't mean that your protection target was actually attacked.

At the same time there was the twist, which could have been... well anything. So the failure could have been due to a Jailer, or Commuter or whatever. Which is why I wasn't sure on how to put it without narrowing down what a possible twist could be. And all it did is ended up confusing.

Which is why I'm dropping it now.
Also, I'm reading the setup in more detail now and would like some opinions:

a) Should mafia RB be able to use his ability and NK on same night if he's the only one left (I want to say yes...)

b) Should masons get day chat (I want to say yes). I thought it was standard for masons, but the way the sample PMs are worded on that page it's as if they get night chat only.

c) Should doctors be able to protect themselves (I want to say no... and that's indeed how the PM is worded on the page)

d) What exactly does Investigation immunity for SK mean. Does it mean the Cop investigating them get Town or No-Result. Also how does SK appear to Cop if he didn't take investigation immunity? Anti-Town or Serial Killer?
(I want to go Anti-Town i.e. same as mafia if immunity is not taken, and Town if it is taken).
ZFR: Also, I'm reading the setup in more detail now and would like some opinions:

a) Should mafia RB be able to use his ability and NK on same night if he's the only one left (I want to say yes...)

b) Should masons get day chat (I want to say yes). I thought it was standard for masons, but the way the sample PMs are worded on that page it's as if they get night chat only.

c) Should doctors be able to protect themselves (I want to say no... and that's indeed how the PM is worded on the page)

d) What exactly does Investigation immunity for SK mean. Does it mean the Cop investigating them get Town or No-Result. Also how does SK appear to Cop if he didn't take investigation immunity? Anti-Town or Serial Killer?
(I want to go Anti-Town i.e. same as mafia if immunity is not taken, and Town if it is taken).
a) typically the answer is no, but ultimately it's a balancing question. It made sense in Trent's game because mafia started the game underpowered. The freedom to use role + NK with one left, plus day chat, were both features that moved the balance back at least somewhat towards balance, though still town-leaning overall. Giving that ability in a game that's balanced skews towards mafia, all other things being equal.

c) If the PM is worded that way, it's presumably done so intentionally for balance, considering this is a semi-open, widely used setup structure. Letting the doctor self protect, as above, skews the game towards whichever faction has said doctor (here, town). So in theory you could trade a) and c) doing both, and giving each faction a bump, and hoping that washes out.

d) The wiki implies vanilla result a la Godfather. https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Serial_Killer

Edit - Though note, I probably would not trade a) and c) personally, and would let it play as designed. I only skimmed the setup briefly, so I don't have an opinion beyond what you've provided in your post at this point.
Post edited May 25, 2019 by bler144