It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

flubbucket: Firefox update and Greasemonkey has gone kaput....

It's on but no preview window (which was all I really used it for.)
Odd, Firefox stable v.37.0.1 has been out for while now. Are you on a nightly build of Firefox?

flubbucket: Yesterday I think.

I've been nursing a migraine for 18 hours so things seem hazy.
Ouch, hope it passes soon now.
flubbucket: Firefox update and Greasemonkey has gone kaput....

It's on but no preview window (which was all I really used it for.)
HypersomniacLive: Odd, Firefox stable v.37.0.1 has been out for while now. Are you on a nightly build of Firefox?

flubbucket: Yesterday I think.

I've been nursing a migraine for 18 hours so things seem hazy.
HypersomniacLive: Ouch, hope it passes soon now.
Problem solved. I was missing Barefoot Essentials. Somehow a "let us help you" moment by Firefox ganked that little morsel.

My head still needs some rest, but I've been going to the neurologist for years and they've found nothing =D
Testing shows the latest script is duplicating all the posts after each use.. (so the second time it does it twice, third time three times etc.)

Not sure why, will look into it and hopefully fix it.

Edit: And fixed. Problem with divs and class names, sorted now. Please use this script instead:
Edit2: As pointed out by Hyper, I forgot to mention that when you put page numbers in the boxes, for the whole thread the start page should be 0 not 1.

var $filterbar = $( '<div><p style="display: inline;">Username: </p><input type="text" value="" id="username_box" style="display: inline; margin-right: 10px;"><p style="display: inline;">First Page: </p><input type="text" value="" id="startpage_box" style="display: inline; margin-right: 10px;"><p style="display: inline;">End Page: </p><input type="text" value="" id="endpage_box" style="display: inline; margin-right: 10px;"><a id="filter_go" style="display: inline;">Go</a></div>' );

$( ".nav_bar_bottom" ).prepend($filterbar);
$( "#filter_go" ).on("click", function () {
jQuery('.spot_h').remove()
var endpage = parseInt($("#endpage_box").val());
var startpage = parseInt($("#startpage_box").val());
for (var i = endpage; i > startpage; i--)
{
var threadURL = "/forum/general/gog_forum_mafia_27_gameshow_showdown_the_game/page" + i + " .spot_h"
if (!$(".page" + i + "posts").length)
{
var $newdiv = $( "<div class='page" + i + "posts'/>" )
}
$( ".list_h" ).prepend($newdiv)
$( ".page" + i + "posts").load(threadURL, function() {
$( ".b_u_name" )
.contents()
.filter(function() {
return this.nodeType === 3;
})
.wrap( "<a></a>" )
.end()
jQuery('.b_u_name a:not(:contains(' + $("#username_box").val() + '))').parents('.spot_h').remove();
})
}
});
Post edited April 17, 2015 by adaliabooks
adaliabooks: Testing shows the latest script is duplicating all the posts after each use.. (so the second time it does it twice, third time three times etc.)

Edit: And fixed. Problem with divs and class names, sorted now. Please use this script instead:

[...]
Cheers, I noticed this earlier today, and wanted to ask you if it was just me or a Firefox issue.
adaliabooks: Testing shows the latest script is duplicating all the posts after each use.. (so the second time it does it twice, third time three times etc.)

[...]
Not sure if it's just me, a Firefox thing or a general issue, but your latest script, he one adding the search bar at the top, does eat up posts. For instance, the very first post made by cristigale, Robbeasy, and Sage are not showing when I run a search on them. Don't know if it skips any posts in between too, or if this happens for all users - checking that would require a post by post comparison which defeats the purpose of using the script in the first place.

The old one, where you had to run it for each player does not do this.

Have you notice this or something similar happening on Chrome?

[...]
HypersomniacLive: Not sure if it's just me, a Firefox thing or a general issue, but your latest script, he one adding the search bar at the top, does eat up posts. For instance, the very first post made by cristigale, Robbeasy, and Sage are not showing when I run a search on them. Don't know if it skips any posts in between too, or if this happens for all users - checking that would require a post by post comparison which defeats the purpose of using the script in the first place.

The old one, where you had to run it for each player does not do this.

Have you notice this or something similar happening on Chrome?
Hmm. I haven't noticed it, but I've only used it a few times for the reread. It should work the same, but possibly the fix I've added means it misses some posts. I'll do a few tests and see. Thanks for letting me know :)

HypersomniacLive: ...
Actually, thinking about it... are you putting 0 in for start page or 1?
It seems to be working fine for me, but I'm not sure I mentioned that the start page should be 0, it's obvious to me because I do stuff with programming and I know indices start with 0 but it may not be obvious to everyone.

I can change it if it's not intuitive to everyone...
adaliabooks: Hmm. I haven't noticed it, but I've only used it a few times for the reread. It should work the same, but possibly the fix I've added means it misses some posts. I'll do a few tests and see. Thanks for letting me know :)

Actually, thinking about it... are you putting 0 in for start page or 1?
It seems to be working fine for me, but I'm not sure I mentioned that the start page should be 0, it's obvious to me because I do stuff with programming and I know indices start with 0 but it may not be obvious to everyone.

I can change it if it's not intuitive to everyone...
Hmm... the only reason I noticed the missing posts is because they did show earlier (before the latest fix), but I can't remember if I put 0 earlier but switched to 1 later, it's quite possible I did without noticing.

Thanks for checking it out though. And perhaps make this point clear, just to be on the safe side.
HypersomniacLive: Hmm... the only reason I noticed the missing posts is because they did show earlier (before the latest fix), but I can't remember if I put 0 earlier but switched to 1 later, it's quite possible I did without noticing.

Thanks for checking it out though. And perhaps make this point clear, just to be on the safe side.
Did that fix it then?
There shouldn't really be any problem that I can see, but if it does it again let me know :)

I'll put a note in the original post to say that.
adaliabooks: Did that fix it then?
There shouldn't really be any problem that I can see, but if it does it again let me know :)

I'll put a note in the original post to say that.
Let's try this again. Your latest script has (or had) two "versions" - the first one did duplicate the posts at the end, the second one does not.
When I used the first version, all posts of a selected player showed, when I used the second version, the very first post was missing, and I only noticed it because I remembered seeing them earlier. So, it's possible that when I was on the first version I put 0 in the field, but may have switched to 1 when I was on the second version, I just can't remember what I did.
Hope I made more sense this time.

Good thing we're not having this sort of exchange in the mafia game thread, would get us in quite a bit of trouble. ;-P
HypersomniacLive: Let's try this again. Your latest script has (or had) two "versions" - the first one did duplicate the posts at the end, the second one does not.
When I used the first version, all posts of a selected player showed, when I used the second version, the very first post was missing, and I only noticed it because I remembered seeing them earlier. So, it's possible that when I was on the first version I put 0 in the field, but may have switched to 1 when I was on the second version, I just can't remember what I did.
Hope I made more sense this time.

Good thing we're not having this sort of exchange in the mafia game thread, would get us in quite a bit of trouble. ;-P
But is the second version working now? Has putting 0 in for start page fixed the problem or is there a bug that I need to find? I'm not getting any problems on my end, that I can see anyway, so I don't know if there is something else that might be wrong... Like I said, there isn't anything I can see that would cause problems, especially as it works for me.

Edit: And I'm not sure which is more difficult, finding liars or finding bugs, especially when you're just cobbling stuff together with little or no knowledge of what you're actually doing... XD (and that goes for both mafia and coding!)
adaliabooks: But is the second version working now? Has putting 0 in for start page fixed the problem or is there a bug that I need to find? I'm not getting any problems on my end, that I can see anyway, so I don't know if there is something else that might be wrong... Like I said, there isn't anything I can see that would cause problems, especially as it works for me.

Edit: And I'm not sure which is more difficult, finding liars or finding bugs, especially when you're just cobbling stuff together with little or no knowledge of what you're actually doing... XD (and that goes for both mafia and coding!)
Hahaha, yes it's working as intended when putting 0 as the start page, wasn't it obvious from the way I described things? ;-P
HypersomniacLive: Hahaha, yes it's working as intended when putting 0 as the start page, wasn't it obvious from the way I described things? ;-P
Not to me :P

Great, glad it's working now.
adaliabooks: Hope it helps!
JMich: Lovely script once more. Quick question, can it be implemented as a greasemonkey (or tampermonkey) script, so it's always available in the GOG forums?
Not sure how well this works or if it will break anything (I've tried to make sure it doesn't mess up the formatting but I may have missed something), and it's the first time I've ever tried anything with tampermonkey / greasemonkey so I don't really know what I'm doing...
Anyway, the script is here: https://gist.github.com/adaliabooks/c72b36bc3d85aa5764a3
I think that's all you need....

It seems to be working for me, let me know if you have any problems with it.
adaliabooks: It seems to be working for me, let me know if you have any problems with it.
Thank you, installed it on Iron/Tampermonkey and will be using it. May I suggest a new topic to talk about it, and also allow more people to know about it, or should we hijack this thread for bug reports?
adaliabooks: It seems to be working for me, let me know if you have any problems with it.
JMich: Thank you, installed it on Iron/Tampermonkey and will be using it. May I suggest a new topic to talk about it, and also allow more people to know about it, or should we hijack this thread for bug reports?
Yeah, I'll probably start a new topic. Not sure whether I should try add some more features first though..
You can just PM me any bugs for now so as not to completely hijack this thread.