It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cheers a lot adaliabooks, very handy!

And a small heads up - one needs to adjust the upper limit of the page count based on the posts/ page setting they use. For instance, currently it's 34 pages for me.
HypersomniacLive: Cheers a lot adaliabooks, very handy!

And a small heads up - one needs to adjust the upper limit of the page count based on the posts/ page setting they use. For instance, currently it's 34 pages for me.
No problem, glad it works.

Ah, good point. I forgot you can have different numbers of post per page. As Hyper says, just change the first number (84 in my post) to whatever the last page number in the thread is for you. I'll edit that into the original post.

Alternatively as I mentioned you can use it to just filter a sample of posts, in which case change the 84 to the last page to filter, and the 0 to the page before the first page you want to filter (because it's > rather than >=)
Have any of you ever watched Super Mafia All-Stars on Twitch? I came across it on Tuesday (they play every tuesday I think) but couldn't watch much because they do it at the most awful time for me as they start after 3am my time.
It looked quite cool. They (some twitch personalities I think, I knew only 1 of them) play over skype and discuss in real time. Longest day had about 30 minutes (+ some extra for lynch) so it is quite fast and can be confusing but what I saw was quite intriguing.

Btw. I think they do no reveal on death and they manage quite fine. ;-)
Vitek: Have any of you ever watched Super Mafia All-Stars on Twitch? I came across it on Tuesday (they play every tuesday I think) but couldn't watch much because they do it at the most awful time for me as they start after 3am my time.
It looked quite cool. They (some twitch personalities I think, I knew only 1 of them) play over skype and discuss in real time. Longest day had about 30 minutes (+ some extra for lynch) so it is quite fast and can be confusing but what I saw was quite intriguing.

Btw. I think they do no reveal on death and they manage quite fine. ;-)
It looks very interesting and entertaining. The logistics would be a challenge simply because some of you people work and sleep at odd hours.

But for the record, I'm in.

My daughter is on Skype/ooVoo all the time so she can show me how to do the thing.
flubbucket: My daughter is on Skype/ooVoo all the time so she can show me how to do the thing.
TBH, I think a TeamSpeak/Ventrillo server would be far better. It would be less hassle all around; at least in my experience.
Post edited January 18, 2015 by Krypsyn
flubbucket: My daughter is on Skype/ooVoo all the time so she can show me how to do the thing.
Krypsyn: TBH, I think a TeamSpeak/Ventrillo server would be far better. It would be less hassle all around; at least in my experience.
I remember people using that during Diablo 2 games. I'm not a big talker while playing, so I never used it.

Of course IRL I can talk all day/night long.
Since I'll be running the next round of Mafia, I have a question to those, who already have experience in hosting a game:
Would one of you be willing to advise me on balancing? Just to crosscheck, whether my idea works and how to balance it. Of course such an advisor would then not be able to participate in the game.

I already have a very kind "if all else fails, I'll do it" offer from Krypsyn. But since he already advised (and therefore not played) in the current setup, I wouldn't like to deny him the possibility to participate in this game. So if someone isn't going to play anyhow and therefore doesn't loose anything by advising, please say so.

Btw. the setting for the next game will be the Zone from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Hey guys, in preparation for the next game I thought I'd have a play around with my post filtering script from here.

And good news, I've made it easier! :D

I've managed to combine it all into one so you only have to run it once rather than put three separate scripts in.

Now all you need to do is enter this into your console:

jQuery('.spot_h').remove()
for (var i = 84; i > 0; i--)
{
var threadURL = "/forum/general/gog_mafia_25_terror_at_tres_leches/page" + i + " .spot_h"
var $newdiv = $( "<div class='page" + i + "posts'/>" )
$( ".list_h" ).prepend($newdiv)
$( ".page" + i + "posts").load(threadURL, function() {
$( ".b_u_name" )
.contents()
.filter(function() {
return this.nodeType === 3;
})
.wrap( "<a></a>" )
.end()
jQuery('.b_u_name a:not(:contains(adaliabooks))').parents('.spot_h').remove();
})
}

As before just change the three bold elements, the page number of the last page, the name of the actual thread and the name of the player you want to filter posts for.

Hope it helps :)
Does this work for Firefox??

I've tried it a couple of times and always get my dick stuck in different places.
flubbucket: Does this work for Firefox??

I've tried it a couple of times and always get my dick stuck in different places.
I just tested it and it should do. Hit F12 to open the console, mine said I needed to type 'allow pasting' before I could paste and then just paste it in, not forgetting to change the relevant details and hit enter.

This should be much easier as it all runs as one rather than having to wait in between each script, but if you have any trouble let me know and I'll see if I can sort it out.
Hi everyone-

Most of you may know this already by now, but just thought I'd drop a formal note here in the admin thread. I'm taking at least one game off from Mafia. I did end up having fun in #25 despite the bumps in the road, but I came to the conclusion a little while ago to step away for a little bit. My method of playing and attitude (and it seems, consensus piss-poor play all around) left so much of a bad taste for so many people that I don't want there to be any possibility of negatively coloring the next game.

I won't disappear completely, as I'm assisting Lift for his STALKER game (which is a bit like having a blind seeing-eye dog) for general balance and preparation issues, but I won't be an active participant in the game thread.

I hope everyone has fun in #26, and if all goes well, hopefully I will see you in #27!
yogsloth: Hi everyone-

Most of you may know this already by now, but just thought I'd drop a formal note here in the admin thread. I'm taking at least one game off from Mafia. I did end up having fun in #25 despite the bumps in the road, but I came to the conclusion a little while ago to step away for a little bit. My method of playing and attitude (and it seems, consensus piss-poor play all around) left so much of a bad taste for so many people that I don't want there to be any possibility of negatively coloring the next game.

I won't disappear completely, as I'm assisting Lift for his STALKER game (which is a bit like having a blind seeing-eye dog) for general balance and preparation issues, but I won't be an active participant in the game thread.

I hope everyone has fun in #26, and if all goes well, hopefully I will see you in #27!
Try not to take it too much to heart, I know I bashed you a bit in the observer thread but it was mainly just frustration at not being in the game myself and I'm sorry if any of it upset or offended. Your logic may have been flawed (and whose isn't) at times but you can't really say you played a bad game (you were still alive at the end and your side won). And you were certainly right about Sage.
My main problem (and it wasn't just with you as others had complained too) was just how you complained about the no flips, and that was largely as it came off a little belittling to the effort Flub had clearly put into the whole set up and game.

I hope we will see you in game #27, and enjoy mocking us all from the observer thread as we blunder around aimlessly in the next game.
The signup thread for the next game is live!
flubbucket: Does this work for Firefox??

adaliabooks: I just tested it and it should do. Hit F12 to open the console, mine said I needed to type 'allow pasting' before I could paste and then just paste it in, not forgetting to change the relevant details and hit enter.

This should be much easier as it all runs as one rather than having to wait in between each script, but if you have any trouble let me know and I'll see if I can sort it out.
It worked!! You're a wizard Harry.
adaliabooks: I just tested it and it should do. Hit F12 to open the console, mine said I needed to type 'allow pasting' before I could paste and then just paste it in, not forgetting to change the relevant details and hit enter.

flubbucket: It worked!! You're a wizard Harry.
Excellent. It certainly makes it easier to reread a player's posts or to find a particular post they made without having to skip through page after page.