It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Krypsyn: Here is a link that mrkgnao sent me while we were playing as wolves in Game #22:

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1009.1031.pdf

It is pretty interesting, if you are interested in the math behind simple set-ups of Mafia type games.
He already posted it here. ;-)

Don't try to pull this edit craziness on me. That won't work for you. :-)
Post edited September 28, 2014 by Vitek
Vitek: Don't try to pull this edit craziness on me. That won't work for you. :-)
Yeah, yeah. I just can't believe I missed it, since I have actually been waiting for him to post it here for a while. He said he was going to, but I thought he might have forgotten. I should have known better. ;)
Telika: So, I'm back. I'm quite indifferent about running my setting directly after the werewolves game, or having krypsyn's game first. Let's see how we'll both feel about it when the time will come...
How are you and how is your setup? The previous game is close to its end (no matter result) so it is almost time to start sign up for new one..
Telika: So, I'm back. I'm quite indifferent about running my setting directly after the werewolves game, or having krypsyn's game first. Let's see how we'll both feel about it when the time will come...
TheGOGfather: How are you and how is your setup? The previous game is close to its end (no matter result) so it is almost time to start sign up for new one..
It will be okay, I'll dust off the setting and be ready.
Vitek: Don't try to pull this edit craziness on me. That won't work for you. :-)
Krypsyn: Yeah, yeah. I just can't believe I missed it, since I have actually been waiting for him to post it here for a while. He said he was going to, but I thought he might have forgotten. I should have known better. ;)
I posted it about 5 minutes after we won game #22. You were probably still busy with the champagne.
Telika: It will be okay, I'll dust off the setting and be ready.
If would not mind, could you please notify me when create a signup thread?

TheGOGfather: How are you and how is your setup? The previous game is close to its end (no matter result) so it is almost time to start sign up for new one..
Or are you the one to handle notifications?
Telika: It will be okay, I'll dust off the setting and be ready.
trentonlf: If would not mind, could you please notify me when create a signup thread?

trentonlf: Or are you the one to handle notifications?
Me too please!
trentonlf: Or are you the one to handle notifications?
Robbeasy: Me too please!
You both are on my notification list since the last time and will stay there until you ask to be removed, so don't worry, you will get notification once the sign up thread goes live.
Krypsyn: Yeah, yeah. I just can't believe I missed it, since I have actually been waiting for him to post it here for a while. He said he was going to, but I thought he might have forgotten. I should have known better. ;)
Heh, I just noticed I even included mrkgnao's link in first post of this thread when he posted it here. :-)
TheGOGfather: Heh, I just noticed I even included mrkgnao's link in first post of this thread when he posted it here. :-)
Well, at least someone was paying attention! *shakes his head derisively*

Actually, I think it might be closer to "everyone - me" was paying attention in this case. Heh.
Post edited October 01, 2014 by Krypsyn
I hope to throw my hat in the ring for the next go-round. I followed the last two games in "real time" and have gone back and read through about half a dozen previous versions. I understand if one has to start life as an alternate, though. :)
yogsloth: I hope to throw my hat in the ring for the next go-round. I followed the last two games in "real time" and have gone back and read through about half a dozen previous versions. I understand if one has to start life as an alternate, though. :)
Not the case here. If you see a sign up thread, please sign up!! You'd be very welcome.

.....and then promptly lynched
All that talk about game length in the game thread make me spend my tiem and make another useless overview.
This time about length of games, Days and posts in them.

G1: 94 days (6 Days) = 15.67 days/GameDay - 782 posts = 130.33 posts/GameDay (8.32 posts/real day)
G2: 51 days (6 Days) = 8.5 days/GameDay - 771 posts = 128.5 posts/GameDay (15.12 posts/real day)
G3: 45 days (4 Days) = 11.25 days/GameDay - 588 posts = 147 posts/GameDay ( 13.07 posts/real day)
G4: 31days (6 Days) = 5,17 days/GameDay - 732 posts = 122 posts/GameDay (23.61 posts/real day)
G5: 39 days (6 Days) = 6.5 days/GameDay – 744 posts = 124 posts/GameDay (19.08 posts/real day)
G6: 104 days (4 Days*) = 26 days/GameDay - 1061 posts = 265.25 posts/GameDay (10.2 posts/real day)
G7: 103 days (4 Days) = 25.75 days/GameDay - 568 posts = 142 posts/GameDay (5.51 posts/real day)
G8: 71 days (6 Days**) 14.2 days/GameDay (I left out skipped day) - 1097 posts = 182.83 posts/GameDay (15.45 posts/real day)
G9: 119 days (6 Days) = 19.83 days/GameDay - 1786 posts = 297.67 posts/GameDay (15.01 posts/real day)
G10: 65 days (5 Days) = 13 days/GameDay - 1145 posts = 229 posts/GameDay (17.62 posts/real day)
G11: 178 days (5 Days) = 35.6 days/GameDay – 1809 posts = 361,8 posts/GameDay (10.16 posts/real day)
G12: 54 days (3 Days) = 18 days/GameDay – 762 posts = 254 posts/GameDay (14.11 posts/real day)
G13: 68 days (3 Days) = 22.67 days/GameDay – 988 posts = 329,33 posts/GameDay (14.53 posts/real day)
G14: 104 days (7 Days) = 14.86 days/GameDay - 2642 posts = 377.43 posts/GameDay (25.4 posts/real day)
G15: 88 days (4 Days) = 22 days/GameDay -1419 posts = 354.75 posts/GameDay (16.125 posts/real day)
G16: 45 days (3 Days) = 15 days/GameDay – 779 posts = 259.67 posts/GameDay (17.31 posts/real day)
G17: 48 days (3 Days) = 16 days/GameDay - 657 posts = 219 posts/GameDay (13.69 posts/real day)
G18: 55 days (3 Days) = 18.33 days/GameDay – 696 posts = 232 posts/GameDay (12.65 posts/real day)
G19: 133 days (6 Days) = 22.17 days/Game Day - 2054 posts = 342.33 posts/GameDay (15.44 posts/real day)
G20: 16 days (8 Days) = 2 days/GameDay - 260 posts = 32.5 posts/GameDay ( 16.25 posts/real day)
G21: 86 days (5 Days) = 17,2 days/GameDay - 996 posts = 199.2 posts/GameDay (11.58 posts/real day)
G22: 25 days (4 Days) = 6.25 days/GameDay - 568 posts = 142 posts/GameDay (22.72 posts/real day)
G23: 26 days (5 Days) = 5.2 days/GameDay - 916 posts = 183.2 posts/GameDay (35.23 posts/real day)

*Day 4 took 47 days itself, never ended and game was abandoned
**1 Day was skipped for role related reasons so it was actually one less Day of gameplay

(Italics show 3 highest numbers in each stat, bold shows 3 lowest)

Looking at days per GameDay (I find it the most important info of this usleess stuff) If we exclude Game 20 that was about talking as little as possible, then last game was the second fastest game ever and fastest since G3 and that one was in spring 2011! The previous one was the 3rd fastest ever. The longest game took 178 days with 35.6 days per GameDay on average. So this one was was almost 7 times shorther than that one. Average length of GameDay overall is 14.71 so once again last one was almost 3 time faster.
As for posts per GameDay the last game wasn't nowhere near the lowest nor the highest ones. What is surprising is return to less than 200 posts/GameDay trend. Out of first 8 Games 7 of them had a lot less than 200 posts/Day and then Games 9-19 all had more than 200 (often much more) and since G20 it's again less than 200 every time.
But as for posts per real days, this was by far the most "spammy" game ever with 35.23 posts per day on average. Highest average before was 25.4 posts per day so this is big spike. It is also almost 7 times more than worst game ever in that aspect (G7), which admittedly is far "ahead" from other ones.
Even with only 568 post overall (lowest number if we again exclude CSPVG's guards game and tied with G7 which took 4 times more time to finish) the Werewolf game it was the 4th highest "spammy" game.

And I am out of thoguhts now. :-)
Vitek I do believe you need to go outside.
Vitek: All that talk about game length in the game thread make me spend my tiem and make another useless overview.
Just the kind of stuff I love to read.Good show! +1.