It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

poot
never EVER attempt a mafia setting with more than 6 players on gog forums.
Telika: never EVER attempt a mafia setting with more than 6 players on gog forums.
Yeah, I'm realizing this now... lol!
One suggestion that we might want to consider for future games...what about instead of the night ending in a no-lynch if we don't have a full majority, we simply have the person with the most votes lynched? It would pretty much force the issue, no wishy washy votes all over the place, and the next day we'd at least have something to discuss, so the game would move on, and lynches would happen even if we don't have enough active players at the time.
TwilightBard: what about instead of the night ending in a no-lynch if we don't have a full majority, we simply have the person with the most votes lynched?
No. That would change the mafia to town ratio needed to win.
12 people discussing, 2 townies vote for someone, 3 scum vote for him as well. Other 7 votes are split here and there. 5 votes cause a lynch.
8 people left, 3 scum vote for a townie, other 5 townies votes are split. 3 scum may control the lynch.
Not to mention that it would allow people to add deciding votes without hammering, and would probably turn L-1 to L.
I actually looked for this thread before I was considering starting my own Mafia game but couldn't find it. Vitek was nice enough to link to it in the sign up thread I created (I'm no longer "considering" I'm going to run one!).

What's the etiquette on running two games at once? Luckily there isn't much overlap between the players - is it okay if I get this game started sooner rather than later if I clear it with the players that would be participating in two games + the mod of the other game?

Likewise with calling my game a GoG Forum Mafia... can I join the pantheon or should I just go with "Forum Werewolf Game" ?

Thanks! I'm new(er) to this and don't want to step on toes, nor will I be upset with harsh truths so don't hold back!
Ixamyakxim: What's the etiquette on running two games at once? Luckily there isn't much overlap between the players - is it okay if I get this game started sooner rather than later if I clear it with the players that would be participating in two games + the mod of the other game?

Likewise with calling my game a GoG Forum Mafia... can I join the pantheon or should I just go with "Forum Werewolf Game" ?

Thanks! I'm new(er) to this and don't want to step on toes, nor will I be upset with harsh truths so don't hold back!
There is no etiquette for two games. (Other than the one that one game shouldn't be discussed in other) We used to run 2 games at once back at the times when there was enough interest. So there is no problem with running two games at once. Even more when you have (almost) no overlapping players.

Also you can call it however you want, there isn't really any rule to it.
Overall it's not like we have some strict set of rules. We organise thing here not to keep them in line and moderate them but mostly to bring attention to them and make them easily foundable. (We are so low on games and players that we can't even allow to try to moderate something:-))

For everyone else, in case you have missed it, here is link to Ix's sign-up thread. You can still join as replacement or something.
I want to offer my services to anyone who is going to mod future games.
If you would like, I am willing to be your co-moderator to help you run the game.
You can create it and write flavour but if you are not able to keep up with its pace (or just want break), I can help with accounting and resolving night actions, making votecounts, poking people with sharpened stick if they are not active enough and announcing deadline.

Last two games both had problems with inactive mods, G6 died because of mod sickness and G11 almost did as well and it could be hopefully prevented by having co-moderator.
I believe that mods presence has to be felt and in last two games when mod was very sketchy to appear, people got more and more lazy, waiting for him to appear and it hurts the games a lot, helping a lot with sinking into apathy.

So if you think it is good idea and you'd better have other mod to keep floc... I meant players in check, post here, or PM me (or GOGFather) and I can do the dirty work for you.
Two things.

1. I had to change the password for this account so if any of you comes back from hiding and wants to admin this account again, ask me here or via PM for new one and I'll provide it to you.

2. Is anyone willing to host upcoming games? I don't necessary mean right now (or yes if you feel like it), but even in the future. The hosting mod is very dated and most of people aren't even active here anymore. Except for Vítek, but that's lazy bastard who never gets anything done.
No desire to mod as I am new to these games, but I would like to be notified if another mafia game starts up. I am in the werewolf one now and it is interesting. Would like to participate in more ;)
TheGOGfather: Is anyone willing to host upcoming games? I don't necessary mean right now (or yes if you feel like it), but even in the future. The hosting mod is very dated and most of people aren't even active here anymore. Except for Vítek, but that's lazy bastard who never gets anything done.
I'd be game for it, when Game #22 finishes (or I am killed off, more likely). I'll just have to think of some good flavor for it. I most certainly will be running the set-up by that lazy bastard Vitek though, since I probably would be adding some new things (for this Forum anyway). If I am running it, I am running like the games I used to play over a decade ago on a forum that no longer exists. :P
Post edited August 11, 2014 by Krypsyn
I still have three settings (of various cheesiness) more or less ready, for future needs.
trentonlf: No desire to mod as I am new to these games, but I would like to be notified if another mafia game starts up. I am in the werewolf one now and it is interesting. Would like to participate in more ;)
OK, I added you to newly created list of players to contact for new games.
It applies to everyone, if you want to be notified of new game, just say it here, I'll add you to list and when new sign up pops up, I'll send you all PM with link. (You can of course ignore it if you are not able or willing to join at that moment)

Telika: I still have three settings (of various cheesiness) more or less ready, for future needs.
Very well, you just reached the top of hosting list. Whenever you feel like you want to run it, feel free to do so.

Krypsyn: I'd be game for it, when Game #22 finishes (or I am killed off, more likely). I'll just have to think of some good flavor for it. I most certainly will be running the set-up by that lazy bastard Vitek though, since I probably would be adding some new things (for this Forum anyway). If I am running it, I am running like the games I used to play over a decade ago on a forum that no longer exists. :P
And you are no. 2 on the same list but it doesn't mean you can't go before Telika if you both agree on it.
I updated the Mafia Players Pool and added link to 6th post of this thread.

It could be perhaps used to find replacements if one needs them.
TheGOGfather: And you are no. 2
So often I feel like #2....