It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bler144: You forgot to call for a vote count.
Not forgot, since I don't move my vote that often, I usually wait for the next one.
What's your excuse?

Can we have a vote count please?
JMich: Sweet mother of mod killing...

Vote flubbucket

(Someone has to try and vote for the mod after all).
Agreed.

I have it on good authority the moderator is a piece of shit.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

VOTE TALLY(wacker)

Hijack - 1 - (Krypsyn)
A_Future_Pilot - 2 - (Bookwyrm627, Dessimu)
bler144 - 1 - ( yogsloth)
Bookwyrm627 - 1 - (bler144)
JMich - 1 - (Vitek)

Post edited April 10, 2016 by flubbucket
JMich: What's your excuse?
Because I think you're chasing shadows on purpose. Seemed a waste of effort. /shrug If your vote actually counts, then I'll apologize.

Well, cristi's light was on for about 30 min of the last hour, and JMich's move may / mayn't have been distraction to avoid talking about the actual elephant in the room. I'll consider that a move, and boldly make my own.

Drealmer is town vanilla.
Reasonable follow: He almost certainly wasn't lying about his mod restriction.

I'm going to rule out flub doing it purely of his own volition. Ergo a player put it on him. Someone doing it purely randomly at this juncture seems unlikely.

Hypothesis: It was either me (it wasn't) or it was scum who wanted to throw shade at me when it got drealmer lynched and he flipped town (or CL, perhaps).

Had I had such a power (I don't - the Haikunator?), I certainly didn't need it at that moment. I don't think it's any great secret that I've been playing loose and aggressively, but I don't think I've done anything that is outright anti-town. Most of my noise-creation that I think drew drealmer's attention was in the sign-up thread and during the RVS/video phase when few players seemed to actually be "playing Mafia" but instead just milling about. As zeo described my 1/1 bid, YOLO it was, though I'm not a fan of the phrase.

In any case, I was not at all worried about playing defense against that, and if it did get me lynched, so be it. I don't expect to live past N3 in any case.

The "riddle" between yogs and myself can't be nearly as opaque as JMich indicated is it? Asking for the precise answer to the riddle this early in D1 seemed like role fishing to me, not unlike yogs' asking in the first place. I have no doubt yogs' irritation is real.

But he knows something about me (just as him posing the riddle tells me something about him) that make that particular gambit particularly effective. I can go into details if there's a wish to. My only lingering question would be how he would've communicated it whichever of the 3 prize winners is on his team, but again, anyone really looking for meaning in yogs' initial question/vote for me would almost certainly find it easily and know what yogs knows.

Put another way, it shouldn't be much of a mystery to anyone paying attention.

However, I would propose either:
A) Lynch both yogs/I together today (I'm sure he's curious about what wonderful thing happens then) with an equal vote. I'm comfortable trading myself 1 for 1, as I'm quite that confident he's mafia after that sequence of events.

B) Lynch yogs today. If yogs flips town, lynch me because clearly I was lying and had something to do with messing with Drealmer. If yogs flips scum, reassess but likely lynch cristi next.

Why her of the 3? Her post #264 was both her usual piggybacking thing HSL calls her out for when she's scum, and also nicely set the table for turning FoS onto me. All three of dess/dedo/cristi were online prior to drealmer's affliction emerging, however.

Out for a bit.
Sorry town, I asked to be replaced, not killed. Had I known I was going to be killed I would have tried to stick it out more (I probably would have just gone MIA until the end of D1), as the integrity of the game matters a lot to me and I didn't want to disservice my team in any way and find me being killed hurts town quite a bit. I'm tempted to post what I do know (the role I picked which I didn't receive) in order to help re-balance that a little, but would like feedback from the rest of the players before doing so as I don't want to offend players (any more than I possibly already have.)

And for the record I never called flub a PoS, in case some of you infer that to be what happened to make him make the "I have it on good authority..." statement.
bler144: I made 5 top choices and then let random.org choose for me. Voila! And no regrets or second-guessing necessary.
yogsloth: So you had the first overall draft pick, and after evaluating the talent available, you told your scouts to go stuff it and let a die roll choose your fate?
@yogs - where did bler make that comment? Unless adalia's script is not working, I can't find it. If it's your own words, I don't see where bler has made any reference to how he chose his role.
drealmer7: Sorry town, I asked to be replaced, not killed. Had I known I was going to be killed I would have tried to stick it out more (I probably would have just gone MIA until the end of D1), as the integrity of the game matters a lot to me and I didn't want to disservice my team in any way and find me being killed hurts town quite a bit. I'm tempted to post what I do know (the role I picked which I didn't receive) in order to help re-balance that a little, but would like feedback from the rest of the players before doing so as I don't want to offend players (any more than I possibly already have.)

And for the record I never called flub a PoS, in case some of you infer that to be what happened to make him make the "I have it on good authority..." statement.
Do not post in this thread again.
bler144: Why her of the 3? Her post #264 was both her usual piggybacking thing HSL calls her out for when she's scum, and also nicely set the table for turning FoS onto me. All three of dess/dedo/cristi were online prior to drealmer's affliction emerging, however.
That's funny, I could say the exact same thing about what you're trying to do now with the FoS.

For the record, I leave a game tab open when I'm around the house, doesn't mean I'm watching the game or even at the computer during that time. Now, I am going outside to do yard work and I'm leaving the tab open <gasp> ;-)
drealmer7: <snip>
You are dead. Please cease and desist. If hindrances crop up, work with the hand you've been dealt.
drealmer7: but would like feedback from the rest of the players before doing so as I don't want to offend players (any more than I possibly already have.)
My feedback would be that you call this a life lesson and not post in the thread again. No clue what happened to cause you to self destruct (and admittedly, were I the mod, I might not have had my hand resting on the "modkill" button in the middle of sneezing fit) but chalk this one up to a learning experience. Post restrictions, though perhaps something you haven't seen before, are a normal part of the game.

Hopefully the "fucked by" moderator will be kind enough to give you the observer link so you can seek absolution there.
cristigale: stuff
Fair enough. I'm certainly not shy about spreading FoS. IIRC I was right about you the last time, though and I'd still vote for lynching you D2 if yogs is lynched and flips mafia D1, though.

I admit, I'm not actually holding my breath that a majority agrees to lynch him today even if I personally think it's the best move on the table.

If he flips town, then obviously I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Would you tend to agree the restriction was probably a prize, and that you were one of the 3 prize winners? Or do you have an alternate explanation for Drealmer's turn from bad to verse?

p.s. the quote yogs pulled above was something I said I think in the sign-up thread (admin thread?). I don't deny having said it somewhere. If yogs really wants to debate the point fro truthiness/strategy/whatever I certainly can.
cristigale: @yogs - where did bler make that comment? Unless adalia's script is not working, I can't find it. If it's your own words, I don't see where bler has made any reference to how he chose his role.
It’s from the signup thread. I just recycled a thread reference from the game for the convenience of making bler’s avatar pop so you would know who said it.

bler144: However, I would propose either:
A) Lynch both yogs/I together today (I'm sure he's curious about what wonderful thing happens then) with an equal vote. I'm comfortable trading myself 1 for 1, as I'm quite that confident he's mafia after that sequence of events.
You are such a dingleberry.

You could just answer the questions I asked.
yogsloth: You could just answer the questions I asked.
Would you care to re-pose any questions you believe should actually be answered at this juncture? I'm not super inclined to go back looking to try and figure out which questions were rhetorical and which were serious.
bler144: Would you care to re-pose any questions you believe should actually be answered at this juncture? I'm not super inclined to go back looking to try and figure out which questions were rhetorical and which were serious.
<------------- Serious face

Let's make this easier. I'll go one at a time.

1. Why did you choose not to choose your role, but let fate decide?

OK, not one at at time, I'm adding a corollary:

1a. Do you think that's a pro-Town position to take?
I contemplated cult leader just to mess with Vitek and Krypsyn, but I did not bid for cult leader.
A note before my notes: Most of what I had written down has been voided by recent developments, as it was mostly a rebuttal (of sorts) of drealmer's contentions regarding bler. I have left them out, as I think they are no longer all that useful. If someone would prefer that I post them, however, I will do so.

---

#251 - bler - Not sure if I think this is the tone that bler has used in other games I have seen him in. Of interest, perhaps.

#253 - JMich - This, as opposed to drealmer's direction, could be a credible place from which to build a case against bler.

#255 - HijacK - Officially in to watch HijacK live stream his gym sessions.

---

Those really were some helpful contributions.

I should also add that I did not bid for Cult Leader, either.