It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vitek: Sorry, it's too obscene to be posted publicly.
Fair enough, but that isn't exactly what I was getting at. I am wondering if neutral is intrinsic to the Cult Leader role, or merely defined by the alignment, which is usually neutral in Mafia games.

Put another way: Is it impossible Cult Leader could have been chosen by Mafia in this game? It seems like a strong choice for Mafia, to me, regardless of my personal distaste for the role.

While I agree with you that neutral hunting instead of more general scum hunting is usually a bad strategy, I am not sure that they can't be one in the same in this game. I can find no place where flubbucket expressly forbid scum to take this role, while he did delineate modifiers to the Tree Stump role, should mafia choose it.
I'd respond to things
but I must type in haikus
flub does interfere

I think posting list
of order of the picks is
already unfair

won't play rest of Day
because stupid restriction
makes it hard to post

this is not fun for
me, so I will refrain from more
posting in this way
kind of want replaced
this restriction is bullshit
and no fun for me

I play to have fun
not to be fucked by the mod
who prefers short posts

probably did it
so he doesn't have to read
my long posts. bullshit!
drealmer7: <posts in haikus>
Either you are lying, this is the Mystery Role in action, or this is someone using their Prize Power. I question the timing in each case.

Or, are you saying this is just flubbucket doing it all on his own?
drealmer7: <posts in haikus>
Krypsyn: Either you are lying, this is the Mystery Role in action, or this is someone using their Prize Power. I question the timing in each case.

Or, are you saying this is just flubbucket doing it all on his own?
not lying. hate it.
if mystery role or prize
flub still permits it. bullshit!

please don't ask for more
this is driving me insane
really fucking pissed
drealmer7: not lying. hate it.
if mystery role or prize
flub still permits it. bullshit!
In your own words, could
you please try to explain what you did
to merit this fate?

bler144: GemCraft GemCraft GemCraft
yogsloth: [murder]

bler144: I made 5 top choices and then let random.org choose for me. Voila! And no regrets or second-guessing necessary.
yogsloth: So you had the first overall draft pick, and after evaluating the talent available, you told your scouts to go stuff it and let a die roll choose your fate?
Lulz.

Ok, that was smack in the range of responses I expected. Doesn't resolve anything, but it passes the smell test.

So...with curiosity about yogs satisfied for now, I will

unvote
vote drealmer

All this theorizing was a huge reach, and when I ask for specific examples of how I've been scummy he suddenly comes up with a haiku post restriction and says FTSIQ? Tres amusing.
WARNING! Damned Dirty Wall of Text Takes Over the World!
-----

drealmer7: but I'm wayyyy more comfortable with the reads I've gotten on bler and cristi and CSPVG
So you want a full claim from people that are certain (or nearly certain, in Bler's case) to have a role?

drealmer7: what would a moderator do then to make it more variable/less pre-determined? They'd make the 1st role-picker mafia is what I think makes sense. why:
How would deliberately making the first player to pick a role be mafia, make the game less pre-determined?

bler144: If I am lying on this point may everyone policy lynch me D1 in every game forward from here until eternity.
See, I'd be more interesting in this offer if we had a way to guarantee you would join any other games after this one. ;)

trentonlf: What does it matter what role he picked or how he picked it? Why even discuss roles at this point? I
Actually, here's a reason to discuss. My biggest question, for every player: Would anyone be willing to claim that they bid for Cult Leader and failed to get it? That's information I would love to have. And I would totally fish for it, if I saw a decent way to do it.

I considered selecting CL, just to check for a CL in the player list above me (and I might have gone through with it if I had been last in the selection order), but I decided to look elsewhere for my fun. I did not bid for Cult Leader.

Krypsyn: Put another way: Is it impossible Cult Leader could have been chosen by Mafia in this game? It seems like a strong choice for Mafia, to me, regardless of my personal distaste for the role.
I think CL would have to be neutral; if a mafioso selected it and remained mafia, then the mafia team would be quite possibly overwhelming. Having a chance to eliminate 2 townies on any given night, increase mafia numbers, and convert town power roles over to the mafia side? Mafioso's were already selected at the start of the game, so Flub couldn't lower their numbers just because a Mafioso selected CL ("Sorry, but you are now town instead of mafia").

I'd view the separate win conditions for Mafia and Cult as another indicator, though considering the way things are worded, that isn't a guarantee.
I can't respond to any of this shit because of my restriction.

flub please find me a replacement

this is causing me to have huge anxiety and I can't handle it

sorry

have fun all!
bler144: If I am lying on this point may everyone policy lynch me D1 in every game forward from here until eternity.
Bookwyrm627: See, I'd be more interesting in this offer if we had a way to guarantee you would join any other games after this one. ;)
Heh. a fair point. I do generally join games that yogs hosts for the entertainment - getting myself offed D1 for those would be less entertaining.

drealmer7: I can't respond to any of this shit because of my restriction.

flub please find me a replacement

this is causing me to have huge anxiety and I can't handle it

sorry

have fun all!
Before we jump quite to that extreme, is it possible to get any clarity (from you or perhaps better flub) on where the restriction came from / if it's real?

That said, mental health is important, so I respect doing what you need to do to take care of yourself.
Bookwyrm627: I think CL would have to be neutral; if a mafioso selected it and remained mafia, then the mafia team would be quite possibly overwhelming.
Yes. The so-called 'Cultafia'. If Cult is nearly impossible to balance (and it is), a Cultafia is just game destroying.

So, I hope your interpretation is correct in this case, and flubbucket wouldn't allow such a thing. It just worries me that he never expressly forbid it as an option, or gave any qualifying language for mafia choosing it.

In fact, I am going to ask it directly:

Flubbucket: Is it possible for mafia to have chosen Cult Leader in this game and remained Mafia?

Oh yeah, I didn't choose Cult Leader. I thought about choosing it to get it out of the hands other players (as 3rd choice, if I didn't get it, it would be almost as good information-wise). However, I decided I really couldn't trust myself with it, if I did get it; I am sure, in a moment, or moments, of weakness, I would use it. :P
As a practical issue, here's the problem I see with the Drealmer situation.

Glossing over the question of why he's feeling anxiety about D1 entirely, a lot hinges on flub confirming that drealmer has (or doesn't have) a post restriction.

If flub doesn't directly intervene, there's no reason to think the restriction is real that I can see (unless someone wants to claim responsibility) since it seems to have come out of nowhere, and whoever steps in to fill his seat will either inherit the restriction plus any lingering suspicion, or will have a long ways to walk to explain why drealmer had a restriction and the replacement doesn't.

Not exactly the choicest replacement gig ever. Not entirely dissimilar to adalia subbing for HSL in QA's game, and arguably a bit worse as a starting position, since you add the post restriction and take out the confusion QA created by intervening to prevent a scum-lynch in that game.

/shrug.

Other opinions? Just sit tight on everything until flub speaks at least to the replacement question?
drealmer7:
Suddenly flubbucket walks into the room and shoots drealmer7.

He was town Vanilla.
Krypsyn: In fact, I am going to ask it directly:

Flubbucket: Is it possible for mafia to have chosen Cult Leader in this game and remained Mafia?
No.

This in no way implies there is or is not a cult leader in this game.
Post edited April 09, 2016 by flubbucket
Sigh.

We're not in nighttime then?

I thought I'd just figured it out in the shower and came back to find drealmer dead. Don't understand why he was anxious over vanilla, and he takes what he knows out with him.

Yogs is very likely scum. One of cristi/dedo/dess is his teammate, and my money's on cristi. Nice little gambit as a frame job, though perhaps a bit premature.

I guess we'll likely end up having to talk about the riddle today after all, but I'll let them make the first move. Personally I thought it should wait for D3.
Sweet mother of mod killing...

Vote flubbucket

(Someone has to try and vote for the mod after all).
JMich: Sweet mother of mod killing...

Vote flubbucket

(Someone has to try and vote for the mod after all).
Nice distraction there.

You forgot to call for a vote count.