It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HiPhish: EDIT: Besides, I doubt he was making much from GOG sales either, the game has been in so many Humble Bundles that anyone who wanted it already has it. I have like five or so copies even though I didn't want to have it at all.
PaterAlf: It's on rank 336 of GOG's bestselling games and among the top 50 when it comes to bestselling indie games. So I would say it sold quite well over the years.
Where did you find that information?
PaterAlf: It's on rank 336 of GOG's bestselling games and among the top 50 when it comes to bestselling indie games. So I would say it sold quite well over the years.
Spectre: Where did you find that information?
On the storepage. Sort by bestselling. Fez is on page 7. Choose Indie as a Genre and sort by bestselling again and Fez is on page 1.
Post edited July 24, 2018 by PaterAlf
Spectre: Where did you find that information?
PaterAlf: On the storepage. Sort by bestselling. Fez ist on page 7. Choose Indie as a Genre and sort by bestselling again and Fez ist on page 1.
It's easy to identify german users here in the english forum, because a lot of them type "ist" insead of is. :)
PaterAlf: On the storepage. Sort by bestselling. Fez ist on page 7. Choose Indie as a Genre and sort by bestselling again and Fez ist on page 1.
seppelfred: It's easy to identify german users here in the english forum, because a lot of them type "ist" insead of is. :)
Typing english on a mobile with the autocorrection turned on is real fun, isn't it? ;)
low rated
seppelfred: It's easy to identify german users here in the english forum, because a lot of them type "ist" insead of is. :)
PaterAlf: Typing english on a mobile with the autocorrection turned on is real fun, isn't it? ;)
Mine has Spanish enabled in addition to English. I constantly have to manually correct "gane" to "game".
Could you guys add FEZ to GOG Connect before it gets removed?
NCPereira: Could you guys add FEZ to GOG Connect before it gets removed?
You're God, you do it! :P
NCPereira: Could you guys add FEZ to GOG Connect before it gets removed?
If they can't put it on sale and haven't already added it on Connect, then don't count on it.
What a shame. FEZ is one of the best games I've played. Sure, the developer is a jerk, but I care more about the fact that I got a few hours out of his game, which felt like a love letter to 90s gaming. People say the puzzles are too hard. I think they're just right. You can complete the game without doing all of them. There are basically two big ways to complete the game. If you get all the cubes and reach the end, that's one ending. If you get all the cubes and anti-cubes, that's another. There are some collectibles but I don't think they change the ending. I think if you just do the first ending (which may be the only possible ending), that's how you get the shades that let you enter first-person mode, which may be required to get all the anti-cubes. If there was something you got for getting all the anti-cubes and collectibles beyond the satisfaction of having done so, I don't recall what it is.

I almost wish I had it on GOG, but I got it on Humble back in the day, so I already have a legal DRM-free copy.
All this controversy about the devs and the removal of the game from GOG finally made me give it a try. Only played for about an hour so far, but it seems like a very well made and unique game. Seems worth picking up while it's still available, for anyone who enjoys platformers with a focus on exploration and puzzles. ( Also, the game's screenshots don't really do it justice, so make sure you watch a trailer or something, so you can see it in motion. It looks like a generic retro 2D game, but actually uses polygon based graphics in rather clever ways. )

For some reason the game crashed when I tried to start it with GOG's custom desktop icon, but it worked fine after I created my own shortcut to the game's executable. I've noticed similar problems with other games in the past -- Maybe some Galaxy related problem?
Well, i bought the game long ago on GOG, after trying it out as demo on Xbox live arcade (by the time it was called xbox live ARCADE, which means quite a while ago)

the game itself felt quite nice, to me... the whole 2D rotating to 3D fr platforming was indeed an interesting idea afaic... And the art was cute.
but by that time, the pc port was somehow rather unstable and buggy

i think i then heard a bit more about the game because of the movie about indie games that was bundled once in a humble bundle. i was indeed interested by the whole visiting the insides and behind the curtains of indie games from their makers' point of view; and fez was one of the featured games.

than, later after i had quit the game for a while, not because it was bad but because, you know, backlog and new releases... i stumbled upon some stuff Phil Fish said or wrote online. At first i didnt connect the guy to fez, frankly. I only managed to realize it was the same person from the movie later on.

then i did read and listened to more of the guy's speech... it was just completely "out of this world" for me, frankly.
Most of the time, i usually disconnect art from their makers, i mean if i like some music or movie or such, i dont care who are the persons behind. Well, usually... but that habit of mine has its threshold.

meanwhile i also learned that the whole development, support and patching of Fez was transferred to some team completely unrelated to the guy (and in fact, the pc port indeed improved a lot compared to what i had to cope with, back then)

So, basically, fez is a decent game, and it also had been within ends of more persons than JUST phil fish (after all, it was a two men project in the start, and surprisingly, in the indie game documentary i saw, mister Fish manages to lead the viewer into thinking the initial coder guy was a pure douchebag... But then, after seeing and listening to more fisheries, i slowly starts to doubt the other guy was THAT evil and jerk, frankly... after all, he had to cope with fish for 5 years), and the second team who took the project over at some point are not to be put in same bag as well...

but i can totally understand most people's feelings and how easy it is to associate Fez to Fish only,and as a consequence, to sort of penalize the game itself for the whereabouts of one of its co creators. I admit that would Fez was Fish creation alone all the time, his behavior so far would have go beyond my aforementioned threshold. However, i completely agree on one point: even if Fez is the work of more than one person, pc port especially, giving out money would sadly mostly go to Fish. On that regard, i sure strongly endorse the suggestion of someone here before, as in "buying it in a humble bundle and setting the money slider to zero on the Fez line"

TL;DR: I used to like Fez as a game, then i took a Phil Fish in the knee :) (but, he is not the only person involved in the game, and the other persons who worked on it initially and onto patching the pc port are not to be sorted in same category as this quite questionable fellow... And the game itself has its merits, gamewise)
I hope that GOG starts throwing around FEZ as a Freebie as long as they can. Like they did a few years ago when they temporarily lost the rights for Fallout 1,2 and Tactics. No money for Fish and good promo for GOG.
low rated
deleted
Doenerman: I hope that GOG starts throwing around FEZ as a Freebie as long as they can. Like they did a few years ago when they temporarily lost the rights for Fallout 1,2 and Tactics. No money for Fish and good promo for GOG.
Fish demands money so... that's probably not going to happen... :-P
Well we will know the answer if they respond to their request

https://www.destructoid.com/fez-will-be-taken-off-gog-tomorrow-at-the-developer-s-request-514162.phtml