It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We know that many of you expressed disappointment about the lack of the new multiplayer feature in the latest update to No Man's Sky on GOG.COM. While we have limited control over games and content updates, we want you to have the best and risk-free experience possible when you buy a game on GOG.COM.

Although Hello Games chose not to offer refunds over missing game content to our users and instead promised to bring the missing multiplayer content later this year, we understand that some of you might not be willing to wait. For this reason, entirely at GOG's own cost, we’re offering an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man’s Sky. Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds.

This extended refund policy applies to all owners of No Man's Sky on GOG.COM who request the refund by this Sunday, July 29, 10:00 PM UTC.
eversonic: I looked through the thread and expected people to be thanking GoG for providing a refund. Amazed to find a host of entitled spastics complaining. First world problems?
tinyE: Well you are in Canada.

Compared to Canadians, the rest of the world pretty much is all entitled complaining spastics.
I'm only from Canada when I post from my cellphone. Di mana wang saya berasal. When I post from my desktop I'm from a farrrrr smaller place. Ganjil.

I see your point tho. Seems strange to me why so much angst over a patch. Very sad.
Post edited July 27, 2018 by eversonic
Glitch233: I asked for a refund, had the refund granted, the game was removed from my library, and $0.00 was added to my wallet. Now I'm out the game and the money. What gives?
contact Support again about the issue
Glitch233: I asked for a refund, had the refund granted, the game was removed from my library, and $0.00 was added to my wallet. Now I'm out the game and the money. What gives?
tfishell: contact Support again about the issue
Yeah, I did. I'm just concerned that I got the "refund" within a couple of hours, and they're taking their time with fixing this problem.

Edit: Apparently "all owners of No Man's Sky" does not apply to those who pre-ordered through iam8bit
Post edited July 27, 2018 by Glitch233
Yes, this is classy, but I will be keeping my copy. I played more than 70 hours, it would be dealing in bad faith to return it now.
Thanks, GOG - amazing offer.

Instead of asking for a refund, I'm going to add £50 to my wallet right now for no specific reason, to spend on future games.

GOG rocks!
Excellent customer service, GOG! ;)

Quite awesome of you guys.
i own No Man's Sky from day 1 and i am sad that i not getting everything right away, but i can wait
Thank you for that offer - awesome customer service. still is why i am with GoG over stream
SStoj: So store credit is not lawful, I want my money back in the form I paid it, PayPal refund.
timppu: Then I guess you need to reject this refund offer from GOG (ie. not take it), and try to raise your refund issue separately. You should probably also hire an Australian lawyer.

Maybe more games should be region-locked from Australians so we would have less of these kind of issues?
No lawyer necessary.

My post to customer service:

"I purchased No Man's Sky when it first came out and was severely disappointed with the lack of multiplayer capability at launch. I decided to wait for the game to update to see if it got added, rather than seek a refund at the time.

Hello Games has finally released the update to No Man's Sky that adds multiplayer, however this update does not work on GoG and there's only a vague statement that multiplayer may come to GoG "sometime later this year". As a consumer, to have my product not be updated the same as other platforms is not acceptable. This update enables multiplayer on Steam and it should enable it on GoG too.

As an Australian consumer, I'm now seeking a refund entitled to me under Australian Consumer Law, under the ACCC provision: "A product or good has a major problem when: it has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it"

If I'd known that the GoG version of this game was not going to receive the same updates as other platforms, I would not have bought it on this platform. If I do not receive a refund, I will be submitting a complaint to the ACCC."

Their reply:

"Hello,

Because your order was made over a year ago, I won't be able to just issue a refund for it. Because of this, we need to use PayPal's "send money" option to send you back the funds.

To do this, I will need your PayPal account ID (email), so the funds are sent to the right account. Please send it to me at your earliest convenience."

They're refunding me the cash to PayPal. All it takes is knowing your consumer rights and being prepared to stick up for them (and a little legal precedent set by the ACCC with Valve doesn't hurt either).

As for whether I should have gone to GoG for this or Hello Games, under Australian consumer law, it is the retailer who is required to refund you. I paid my money to GoG, not Hello Games. Retailers are not allowed to direct you to the manufacturer for your refund claims under Australian law. It's GoG's job to go after Hello Games, not mine. I would however, fully support GoG trying to get the money back from HG to cover their loss from this outcome. That's the way it's meant to work. Customer gets refund from retailer. Retail gets refund from manufacturer (or else decides the manufacturer is a pos and decides they'd rather not deal with them in the future).
Don't care about No Man's Sky, but I just want to say, like soooooooo many others before me : good game GoG.
It shows balls and respect to the players. :)
My eyes expell liquid pride at the announcement
high rated
This is GoG doing the right thing, and this is the reason why I will continue playing NMS here while I wait for the update. Respect GoG.
Post edited July 27, 2018 by CarbonSeed
Not even have NMS and gotta honestly say: this is remarkable.
I'm already a customer but after that, saying definitely goodbye to others gaming platforms.
Got my respect.
LOL! Hello Games disappointing as always.

Nice move GOG! That is customer support!
SStoj: They're refunding me the cash to PayPal. All it takes is knowing your consumer rights and being prepared to stick up for them (and a little legal precedent set by the ACCC with Valve doesn't hurt either).
Someone offers you a hand, you bite it off at the shoulder, beat them with the bloody stump of their arm, and then proudly proclaim your victory on an online forum while waving said bloody arm like a banner.

It would have been classier to just post saying 'wow, gog were great, it took a bit of effort, but they even refunded me by paypal as required by Australian law. Above and beyond!'

Though it would have made fascinating popcorn watching to see this go to court. The basis of your refund is ' no multiplayer', it would be interesting to see if that would stand up as a 'problem that would have stopped someone buying it had they known.'
Was multiplayer listed on the store page in original release? They alluded to it during the years of product development for sure, but that was not on the store listing, right?

In addition, given that most review raitings are pretty good these days, the product obviously 'works as reasonably expected' by most people. Then there's the question of how would a game fit in the cirteria of 'length of time for which it is reasonable for the product to be used', given that it's two years after your original purchase.

That's not even considering whether you could even call it the same product given that it's been patched 3 times now and barely resembles the original game.

In all seriousness, I wish they hadn't refunded so we could all watch the court case. You could have made history.
CarbonSeed: This is GoG doing the right thing
The right thing for who? GOG or the customer; excuse the rhetoric but clearly the latter. GOG's good will runs the risk of making a rod for its own back. From an economic perspective GOG should've held its own with regard to this whereas I fear now they are testing both their fan base AND their customer base to "do the right thing" (yes, I believe they are two different things, especially when it comes to GOG...but that's for another article).

I'm sorry but that's just how it is, "No good deed goes unpunished". I don't even own the game but, as an avid GOG supporter, it should be safe to say that a customer who buys such a game on GOG, should already be aware of the potential 'non-DRM' caveats (I'm not saying this is necessarily related to DRM, but more a blanket term for the extra work required for GOG releases).
i.e. lack of the Daily Challenge mode in Spelunky for example.

At least in this case the multiplayer feature is actually promised. Should Hello Games decide not to supply the content then we can start talking refunds.