It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We know that many of you expressed disappointment about the lack of the new multiplayer feature in the latest update to No Man's Sky on GOG.COM. While we have limited control over games and content updates, we want you to have the best and risk-free experience possible when you buy a game on GOG.COM.

Although Hello Games chose not to offer refunds over missing game content to our users and instead promised to bring the missing multiplayer content later this year, we understand that some of you might not be willing to wait. For this reason, entirely at GOG's own cost, we’re offering an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man’s Sky. Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds.

This extended refund policy applies to all owners of No Man's Sky on GOG.COM who request the refund by this Sunday, July 29, 10:00 PM UTC.
Is it clear if the refund goes in the GOG wallet or back to credit card?
I AM a GOG NMS client and I will no tbe asking for a refund.

Like many others in this thread have stated, this is a very classy move by GOG. Much appreciated. But, I just do not think GOG should be punished financially due to the BS of Hello Games.

Only thing I have re-leanred from this miss is, never, ever buy another Hello Game product.
AlexKalopsia: Is it clear if the refund goes in the GOG wallet or back to credit card?
they said it would go back into your GoG wallet funds, so wont be going back to your CC.
The problem is: The Developers!

The developers don't respect gog and CDPR and the users of gog.com

CDPR should ask for damages (imagine damage and economic damage) to the developers of NMS.
tinyE: fucking single-player causes blindness and hairy palms.
Didn't happen to me when I played Jack in the Dark.
Guys, we didn't lost anything with this multiplayer delay. It's currently buggy as hell.
I just watched a 3 hour multiplayer stream. On the planets it's somewhat OK.
But in space with the fregatt it's a freakin joke. At jumps people fell out and died randomly in space, or the game scattered them through the system with their small ships. Sometimes the fregatt disappeared, only the owner was able to see and interact with it. They needed to restart the game numerus times.
The multiplayer is currently in alpha, as the single player was at version 1.0.
I couldn't care less about multiplayer right now. I certainly DO care about companies that are so concerned with making their customers happy that they're brave enough to offer refunds when they really didn't have to. Amazing job, folks. This was so lovely to see. And why I'll continue to be a happy GOG punter.

I don't get the hate towards Hello Games in this thread (eg. @lankester) - haven't they done enough yet to show they genuinely want to turn NMS into what they originally promised it'd be, and are working their asses off towards that goal? Even if they fall short, surely they must get credit for not grabbing the money and doing a runner, dissolving the company behind them, which we've all seen elsewhere. They're still improving it, two years on, even as the massively negative reviews kept pouring in, which must be a miserable atmosphere to go to work in. There aren't many big-budget developers who are this committed (the team behind The Long Dark being another good example). That said. I didn't buy NMS on release so I'm privileged and protected from that initial disappointment in that respect. I purchased a year after release, when the fixes were starting to come in....

Anyway. Hats off to GOG/CD Projekt for offering this, and I don't regret choosing you over Steam when I bought NMS. And hats off to Hello Games for working hard to get this game right. Means a lot in both cases.
Post edited July 26, 2018 by Mikeachim
Good to hear. I was interested in the game back when it first came out, but luckily decided to wait for some reviews first. It sounds like, 2 years of work later, it's still not the game they claimed it would be upon release, which makes them truly shameless, epic liars. I still might buy it in 2025 or something, if it ever is actually finished, but I'm not holding my breath- by then, someone else will probably have made a better game with those features anyway.

Thanks, GOG, for being good to your customers. Also for releasing Dragon's Lair! I never got to play those in the arcade, so this'll be fun.
Great move, GOG!

And for the people whining about the refund goes to GOG Wallet - how do you think do they plan on recouping losses? ;)
Although i haven't buy No Man Sky (I don't think I will support Hello Games in future...), it is good to hear publisher could change its policy to help gamer. I would keep supporting gog.com. ^_^
SStoj: So store credit is not lawful, I want my money back in the form I paid it, PayPal refund.
Then I guess you need to reject this refund offer from GOG (ie. not take it), and try to raise your refund issue separately. You should probably also hire an Australian lawyer.

Maybe more games should be region-locked from Australians so we would have less of these kind of issues?
Did anyone ever answer the questions about how the multiplayer will be implemented or if there will be crossplay with Steam? if they haven't thenI'm going to have to file for refund. I love GOG and don't want to hurt them, and this will financially hurt them at least a little, but I'm not gonig to chance it when I can save the funds and buy the game back when it is made apparent how the MP will work.
This was an interesting question on Reddit.

Can GOG resell the refunded licenses of NMS? Because GOG is not undoing the sale vis a vis HG, they're just locally removing the license from that particular person and refunding them from their own funds.
Pheace: This was an interesting question on Reddit.

Can GOG resell the refunded licenses of NMS? Because GOG is not undoing the sale vis a vis HG, they're just locally removing the license from that particular person and refunding them from their own funds.
I think that's only applicable if there was a limited number of licenses to sell. Otherwise resell, sell new.... what does it matter?
Unless you're talking about for the purpose of giving credit to HG for future sales (Oh, those 150 sales weren't new, they were all resold licenses...
Post edited July 26, 2018 by paladin181
Thanks for the option, that's very kind of you.
But I liked the single player experience for a while so even if Hello Games Screwed up the Update, I will not refund my game at your cost!

Keep on going gog.com