It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Two indie games tested and work.

1. Among Trees
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/among-trees
- Win 10 64-bit
- No parameters necessary
- Saving and reloading works
- No DLC available yet so no need to test

2. Before We Leave
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/before-we-leave
- Win 10 64-bit
- The -AUTH_PASSWORD=0 parameter is mandatory! If you do not add that, the game will open a webpage to Epic and - force quit the game
- Saving and reloading works
- No DLC available yet so no need to test
"Zool Redimensioned"
the game is completely DRM-free, no tricks needed
additionally it is shipped with an Zool megadrive ROM + Emulator (BlastEm)

"Asteroids: Recharged"
needs Epic launcher and common parameters did not work
a website pops up andt he game waits for authentication with an infinite loading screen

"Windbound"
needs Epic launcher and common parameters did not work
ii stopps at main title without the possibility to press Enter or Controller Button A
high rated
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/brothers-a-tale-of-two-sons

DRM-free, no switches or anything needed to get it to run. The executable to run the game is located at: BrothersATOTS\Binaries\Win32\Brothers.exe

This game is also free until 2/24/2022.
springtoiffel: just a heads up, if anyone has encountered this issue recently: they have added a "2K Launcher", but Civ6 itself is still DRM-free.

the .exe without the launcher is at

epic>SidMeiersCivilizationVI>Base>Binaries>Win64EOS>CivilizationVI
Civilization 6 without launcher, only english for me and options are not saved. To have french, I must pass by the launcher.
springtoiffel: just a heads up, if anyone has encountered this issue recently: they have added a "2K Launcher", but Civ6 itself is still DRM-free.

the .exe without the launcher is at

epic>SidMeiersCivilizationVI>Base>Binaries>Win64EOS>CivilizationVI
stephane910: Civilization 6 without launcher, only english for me and options are not saved. To have french, I must pass by the launcher.
you could try to start it with the parameter -epiclocale=XX, where XX stands for your two letter country code.
Post edited February 23, 2022 by Gognarok
stephane910: Civilization 6 without launcher, only english for me and options are not saved. To have french, I must pass by the launcher.
Gognarok: you could try to start it with the parameter -epiclocale=XX, where XX stands for your two letter country code.
Thanks.
It works.
But I have another problem but this probelm exists also with 2k launcher. Options are not saved.
Gognarok: you could try to start it with the parameter -epiclocale=XX, where XX stands for your two letter country code.
stephane910: Thanks.
It works.
But I have another problem but this probelm exists also with 2k launcher. Options are not saved.
this works in my version and it also remembers the last language.
what happens if you rename the folder Sid Meier's Civilization VI (Epic) in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My games\ ? this folder contains your settings and also your savegames.
It works.
Gognarok: this works in my version and it also remembers the last language.
what happens if you rename the folder Sid Meier's Civilization VI (Epic) in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My games\ ? this folder contains your settings and also your savegames.
Thanks.
I have found the culprit thanks to youtube. It's the AV ransonware shield that prevent to modify documents folder. It's the only game that have this problem.
This problem arrive with windows defender or avast for example.
Cris Tales needs the Epic launcher to run.
Gognarok: this works in my version and it also remembers the last language.
I have found the culprit thanks to youtube. It's the AV ransonware shield that prevent to modify documents folder. It's the only game that have this problem.
This problem arrive with windows defender or avast for example.
good to know, thanks for your feedback..
(ø,ø): Cris Tales needs the Epic launcher to run.
confirmed, just a black screen..
Post edited February 24, 2022 by Gognarok
Europa Universalis IV is on the drm free list, but i can't get it to work. I double click on the eu4.exe not the Paradox launcher and it tries to connect to Epic thru my browser. When i decline, instead of launching the game like other titles, it keeps trying to connect to Epic again, so the game never launches.

Can someone try this game and see if they know a trick that can make it work? Thanks.
Heretic777: Europa Universalis IV is on the drm free list, but i can't get it to work. I double click on the eu4.exe not the Paradox launcher and it tries to connect to Epic thru my browser. When i decline, instead of launching the game like other titles, it keeps trying to connect to Epic again, so the game never launches.

Can someone try this game and see if they know a trick that can make it work? Thanks.
I've tested both my old backup copy and the most recent version of the game with 8 different command line switches without any luck. You have to log in and permit the game to use your Epic Games account to run it.

It seems you might prevent it from installing the Paradox launcher when you run the game directly from the executable, but you still need to log in to Epic to make it run.

It's not DRM-free, sadly.
I've retested the other games from the same poster who tested Europa Universalis IV last.

Both Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth and Overcooked! 2 are DRM-free as reported, but Overcooked! 2 doesn't need any command line switches. It pops up the website, but it can just be ignored.

All games are tested on Windows 10.
Heretic777: Can someone try this game and see if they know a trick that can make it work? Thanks.
(ø,ø): I've tested both my old backup copy and the most recent version of the game with 8 different command line switches without any luck. You have to log in and permit the game to use your Epic Games account to run it.

It seems you might prevent it from installing the Paradox launcher when you run the game directly from the executable, but you still need to log in to Epic to make it run.

It's not DRM-free, sadly.
Thanks for testing and letting me know :)
I went through a bunch of games that I got free. These are the ones that I got to work, which are not on the spreadsheet.

Hell is Other Demons
Requires the -EpicPortal -AUTH_PASSWORD=0 command line switches
It may not require both but when it didn't work initially, I tried again with both switches and got it to work.

Mothergunship
No switches needed.

Offworld Trading Company
No switches needed

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux
When Epic was giving away The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, it also included a Redux version. Both work... and saying that, I really don't know what the difference is if anything.

Also, I can confirm what the other poster said about Overcooked 2 not needing the command switches. It tries to load the website, but that's it. Although using them may stop it from trying to load the website, which I have not tested.
Post edited February 25, 2022 by LordCephy