It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

armandhaa: Hi,I'm new with the forum and this thread, I've compiled my collection based on your list with Linux/WINE section added, how do contribute?
Hi, I just updated them for you. Thanks.
Has anybody tested the Amazon Prime Games, Total War: Warhammer and World War Z Aftermath?
Daemon X Machina will launch and save without the Epic client, out of the box.

The Overlay Renderer will launch alongside the game, so rename the executables found in the Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Extras\Overlay directory to prevent that from happening.
Post edited January 27, 2022 by Grargar
Grargar: Daemon X Machina will launch and save without the Epic client, out of the box.

The Overlay Renderer will launch alongside the game, so rename the executables found in the Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Extras\Overlay directory to prevent that from happening.
Just out of curiosity, can you see if the free DLC runs without the client, too? It's all cosmetic, so it doesn't make a huge difference, I'm just curious, and I'm not going to be home from work for a few hours.
Grargar: Daemon X Machina will launch and save without the Epic client, out of the box.

pedrovay2003: Just out of curiosity, can you see if the free DLC runs without the client, too? It's all cosmetic, so it doesn't make a huge difference, I'm just curious, and I'm not going to be home from work for a few hours.
i can also confirm that the base game is DRM-free but the DLC is only detected if you run the game with the Epic launcher.
i've also compared the game installation before and after i got the DLC and the game files remain identical.
pedrovay2003: Just out of curiosity, can you see if the free DLC runs without the client, too? It's all cosmetic, so it doesn't make a huge difference, I'm just curious, and I'm not going to be home from work for a few hours.
Gognarok: i can also confirm that the base game is DRM-free but the DLC is only detected if you run the game with the Epic launcher.
i've also compared the game installation before and after i got the DLC and the game files remain identical.
Ah, dang. Well, at least all of the DLC is just cosmetic and we're not missing out on any gameplay content, or anything. Thanks for checking!
JUST A PSA....

All 3 splinter cell games (SC1,SC:DA,SC:CT) on EGS requires Uplay... Since pcgamingwiki wasn't updated, i thought to give it a try, hoping it would be drm free since those 3 games are relatively old, but ubisoft had patched all 3 to include uplay now...

Also, since I didnt want to do support uplay in any way, i decided to get a refund, but i could not get it for those 3 games.
I have raised a ticket, I will update if I do manage to get a refund.

UPDATE: EGS agreed to refund the entire order :)
Post edited January 29, 2022 by de__vito
de__vito: All 3 splinter cell games (SC1,SC:DA,SC:CT) on EGS requires Uplay... Since pcgamingwiki wasn't updated, i thought to give it a try, hoping it would be drm free since those 3 games are relatively old, but ubisoft had patched all 3 to include uplay now...
Thanks, I've updated everything (inc pcgamingwiki). Yes, every single Ubisoft game on the Epic Games store requires uPlay, even for 20 year old games and simple board games like Monopoly Plus. They are one of the worst publishers for DRM.
Post edited January 28, 2022 by AB2012
AB2012: Thanks, I've updated everything (inc pcgamingwiki). Yes, every single Ubisoft game on the Epic Games store requires uPlay, even for 20 year old games and simple board games like Monopoly Plus. They are one of the worst publishers for DRM.
I was a fool to think they would allow an old game to be drm free....greed goes deep i guess...

Moving forward, i wont even click that "Add to cart" button if its a ubish** game....f*** them.
the wiki lists among us as drm free..

does the multiplayer work? or it is limited to couch coop/some kind of AI automated single player?
Post edited January 29, 2022 by de__vito
de__vito: the wiki lists among us as drm free..

does the multiplayer work? or it is limited to couch coop/some kind of AI automated single player?
I don't actually know. I think it was joppo who tested it here, perhaps he knows more about it?

Edit: According to PCGW, Multiplayer types include "Local Play" (Split screen, or multi-monitor local play is possible with NucleusCoop for up to 10 players) and "LAN Play" (Includes cross play with mobile and console) in addition to Online. If someone knows more about this, then I'll add a better description to it.
Post edited January 29, 2022 by AB2012
Not a game per-se, but the software, N0va Desktop, doesn't require Epic to be run.

Doesn't matter if you launch N0vaDesktop.exe or N0vaDesktopEpic.exe

Processes only launches DPPlayer.exe and instances of N0vaDesktop.exe

So, it seems to be DRM-free software. I presume the case is the same for the Steam version and the mobile version.
de__vito: All 3 splinter cell games (SC1,SC:DA,SC:CT) on EGS requires Uplay... Since pcgamingwiki wasn't updated, i thought to give it a try, hoping it would be drm free since those 3 games are relatively old, but ubisoft had patched all 3 to include uplay now...
AB2012: Thanks, I've updated everything (inc pcgamingwiki). Yes, every single Ubisoft game on the Epic Games store requires uPlay, even for 20 year old games and simple board games like Monopoly Plus. They are one of the worst publishers for DRM.
Monopoly Plus still has Denuvo, too, if you can even believe that.
just a heads up, if anyone has encountered this issue recently: they have added a "2K Launcher", but Civ6 itself is still DRM-free.

the .exe without the launcher is at

epic>SidMeiersCivilizationVI>Base>Binaries>Win64EOS>CivilizationVI
de__vito: the wiki lists among us as drm free..

AB2012: I don't actually know. I think it was joppo who tested it here, perhaps he knows more about it?

Edit: According to PCGW, Multiplayer types include "Local Play" (Split screen, or multi-monitor local play is possible with NucleusCoop for up to 10 players) and "LAN Play" (Includes cross play with mobile and console) in addition to Online. If someone knows more about this, then I'll add a better description to it.
Hi. I haven't tested if LAN works, but I can give it a try later this week. All I tested at the time is that the game launches and can be played (multiplayer) connecting through Internet without the client.

Split screen doesn't make any sense in a game where you have to hide your actions from other players. I didn't know about this NucleusCoop thing, but I don't think the game was developed with the idea that its players would use it to play multiplayer in the same instance of the game.
Post edited February 02, 2022 by joppo