It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gognarok: anyway, if you get games at the Epic store, my recommendation is to back it up and make a collection of the different EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping.dll versions. since today i know at least two games wich could be made "DRM-free" by replacing the dll's with older ones ;-)
Timboli: That sounds promising.

Do you know if any current Epic game download has a good DLL, or do you think they have all been replaced by now?
I ask that, because I only started backing up my DRM-Free Epic games about two to three months ago.
I am extremely curious to hear follow up on this point as well. I wonder if there are, in fact, any current games that work like that.
Timboli: That sounds promising.

Do you know if any current Epic game download has a good DLL, or do you think they have all been replaced by now?
I ask that, because I only started backing up my DRM-Free Epic games about two to three months ago.
Amclass: I am extremely curious to hear follow up on this point as well. I wonder if there are, in fact, any current games that work like that.
it's not the question for a good or bad DLL and i think it depends on the developer / publisher which version they use.
check your game collection and you will see that many games have older versions.
but don't get your hopes up too much, i've tested several games and it worked only for two.
Post edited January 16, 2022 by Gognarok
Gognarok: it's not the question for a good or bad DLL and i think it depends on the developer / publisher which version they use.
check your game collection and you will see that many games have older versions.
but don't get your hopes up too much, i've tested several games and it worked only for two.
Okay, thanks.
So I guess you don't know if any games that I have had with Epic for a while but not downloaded yet, would likely still have such a DLL, if I was to download them now for the first time?

It also sounds like the DLL is more a dev/pub thing than Epic specific? So likely such a DLL would only work with another game by that dev/pub or something like Unity? In that case it narrows the possible chance down to very small ... and as you say, you only know of two such games so far.

P.S. I haven't looked yet, but I am guessing the two games that benefit are listed in this thread maybe and in the online document. So just finding a game with that 'good' DLL is just the issue.
Post edited January 16, 2022 by Timboli
Gognarok: it's not the question for a good or bad DLL and i think it depends on the developer / publisher which version they use.
Timboli: Okay, thanks.
So I guess you don't know if any games that I have had with Epic for a while but not downloaded yet, would likely still have such a DLL, if I was to download them now for the first time?

It also sounds like the DLL is more a dev/pub thing than Epic specific? So likely such a DLL would only work with another game by that dev/pub or something like Unity? In that case it narrows the possible chance down to very small ... and as you say, you only know of two such games so far.

P.S. I haven't looked yet, but I am guessing the two games that benefit are listed in this thread maybe and in the online document. So just finding a game with that 'good' DLL is just the issue.
correct..
MysterD: Okay, let's start here: 1080p60fps is the standard in modern gaming here on PC.
Most gamers playing new stuff are likely aiming for 1080p.
And many PC gamers have the GTX 1060 card.
Also, question - are you using the GTX 1060 3gb or 6gb VRAM version?
MarkoH01: 6 GB

MysterD: What's the point of buying a RTX card and a 3050 laptop, if you can't utilize RTX properly? Might as well pony up at this point and enter 6gb VRAM 3060 laptop turf.
MarkoH01: I do agree. When it comes to RTX you should also go with a good GPU and CPU.

MysterD: To max-out certain games at 1080p, you'll need more than 4GB VRAM. Heck, I had 4GB VRAM on my GTX 970 desktop and my 4GB VRAM on my 960m. Why Nvidia is offering low VRAM counts now is ridiculous, even in the budget sector - especially when the 10xx series did have a nice 6GB VRAM version (mid-range arena right there for the 10xx series). Even back then 4GB VRAM wasn't hot in some cases, as you could easily hit that VRAM wall in games like Dishonored 2, Watch Dogs 1, and Batman AK at 1080p easy.
MarkoH01: Certain games but by far not the most og them. Batman AK ran fine in 1080p with 4GB - 3GB was too low though. Also the game was - as we all know - highly unoptimized and could kill even a good GPU/CPU just because of that.

Anyway, I was just a bit surprised about the "even" part. Sounded to me like "Intel integrated is not the best choice, you should buy a dedicated GPU .... EVEN a 3050 would do it."

No need for the wall of text - I never wanted to attack your statement :)
I'm not a fan by any iGPU stuff for current gaming stuff. No secret here, I think they're a waste of time for anyone even thinking of trying modern gaming. One's likely to have a bad gaming experience, thinking iGPU's can be worthwhile to run their modern games; likely, ain't happening. Gamers who want to do modern games - they'd be better off getting a laptop w/ some kind of discrete GPU in their laptop.

Worst of all - laptops ain't really upgradable. So, said user would need likely to buy another laptop just to play Bugsnax. That really bites, IMHO.

One can use an iGPU likely for MUCH older stuff - but not likely modern stuff. And if a modern iGPU does run a modern game - it likely ain't goin' to be a good time. Would be better off running older stuff on it.

Bugsnax - which was released in 2020 - is basically a PS4 era game. Basically, it's modern stuff. So, one would need PC hardware similar and likely a bit better and/or around the PS4. It literally wants a 2GB card as a minimum - 610 is not a good iGPU by today's standards and doesn't even meet the minimum requirements for this game.

"Excellent" @ yourself owning the 6GB VRAM version. I like the 6gb GTX 1060 and think it was a great mid-range card, back when it came out. Heck, I had one in my gaming laptop, until that one's mobo fried some months back (ugh). And surely, it'll still hold-up in most instances today, with its sweet spot for its solid VRAM count.

6gb GTX 1060 will be a fine video card to hang onto for right now, until we get more games pulling a Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition (not the OG version) and straight-up requiring RT cards flat-out. Once all that becomes the norm, it'll likely be time to move on to the next card for whatever new stuff's out in that distant future.

Nope, so I'm not taking it as an attack or anything of that sort. I really did not explain my thought process b/t my slight dig & shot at the 3050, so....there you go. I explained my thoughts quite a bit more.

Heck, I'd bet this user would be better off w/ even a 3gb VRAM 1060, as much as I don't like its low VRAM count, 1060's are solid cards provided you can avoid hitting VRAM bufferd - see this video of 1080p60fps performance on a 3gb 1060: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJj4v7C7fK4

Even a GTX 1050 Ti can run it well, with its low 4gb VRAM count - see this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYXwMjZTzSk

I'd probably be supportive of the 3050 Ti card, if it had say 6GB VRAM or more.

I do type fast and tend to type long-winded - so if I did something post-worthy of a "TL;DR" here, don't be surprised; I love writing, typing, and writing mini-essays like this. A nerd like me will nerd-out, you know? ;)

Sometimes I do have a tendency to....not explains my thoughts, sometimes alluding to how I might think or feel about stuff.
twifight: It's a very off-topic discussion now, but for those wondering what to get, I too would not recommend a 4GB card anymore, unless you get a great deal or it is included in a complete PC system you buy.

I own the 1060 6GB and have gone over the 4GB VRAM use many times. Do note that especially on older games (which I play a lot) you can either render and display on higher resolutions, or render on a higher resolution and output 1080p, for increased fidelity. I own a 4K screen and play most games on 1440p or 2160p. And then the 6GB will come in handy. FPS is not great but I never play multiplayer anyway.

So if you are asking what to buy, I too would recommend a previous generation card with more VRAM, if you can find one.

That said, in todays market, you'd be happy to even find a 1060 for under $500.

Also, don't discount AMD. Their cards are just as good, and generally have more VRAM for the same price.
AMD's fine, until we get into the RT discussion.

If one's not doing RT - yeah, RT's a fine alternative and they do offer up more VRAM normally.

They (AMD) are currently behind what NVidia's done and also are now doing, being one whole gen behind NVidia (2xxx series was NVidia's first with RT and 3xxx series is RT Gen-2) on the RT stuff. You don't get RT until you even have a 6xxx AMD card.

There's also the lack of FSR on some older RT-based titles on AMD (such as BF5 and Control); FSR is AMD's own version of DLSS, minus the AI-based Deep-Learning part (DL). FSR is actually quite good, for no DL involved. RT is usually best paired currently with DLSS or FSR, to get another 20-30% performance boost to hopefully finally get you into 50-60fps turf.

On the NVidia side for older titles - there's now also the DLDSR (Deep Learning Dynamic Super Resolution) w/ the newest driver release, for those with RT-based cards...which is so going to help use Tensor cores and AI for improving the image quality & scaling on older titles.

More on that here - https://wccftech.com/nvidia-game-ready-driver-511-23-whql-adds-dlss-and-reflex-to-god-of-war/
And here - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/god-of-war-game-ready-driver/

Man, did ME: Legendary look even better, when cranking up the DLDSR on my RTX 3070 desktop.
Post edited January 16, 2022 by MysterD
de__vito: GOD DAMN IT BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

the usual flags don't work?
Gognarok: Unfortunately nothing worked

anyway, if you get games at the Epic store, my recommendation is to back it up and make a collection of the different EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping.dll versions. since today i know at least two games wich could be made "DRM-free" by replacing the dll's with older ones ;-)
if its possible, could you post the checksums of the different versions?
de__vito: if its possible, could you post the checksums of the different versions?
this is what i have so far:

v1.2.0-9765216
Win64: 0396F930

v1.2.2-10261338
Win64: 99F81DE0

v1.3.1-11123224
Win32: A2B73835

v1.4.0-11569419
Win32: D886A8C5

v1.4.1-11827753
Win32: 8AD59A3C
Win64: 54B9D6BE

v1.5.0-12496671
Win32: 894B5A51

v1.7.0-13812567
Win32: 031CB5AF
Win64: 5ACC9CBC

v1.7.1-13992660
Win32: 70C6C495
Win64: 2D949C0B

v1.8.0-14316386
Win64: 9F17EF39

v1.9.0-14547226
Win64: 9363A3A9

v1.10.0-14778275
Win64: 7434D240

v1.10.1-14934259
Win64: D808B47E

v1.10.2-15217776
Win32: DB473D72
Win64: 174A32D2

v1.10.3-15571429
Win32: F1F4FF10
Win64: B5EFD597

v1.11.0-15929945
Win64: 6E54997C

v1.13.0-16697186
Win32: 8099A995
Win64: 2F2514AC

v1.13.1-16972539
Win32: 1319DE19
Win64: 9B2E7335

v1.13.1-17873121
Win32: 26615440

v1.14.0-17607641
Win64: 27B4F4A1

Win32 means CRC32 from EOSSDK-Win32-Shipping.dll
Win64 means CRC32 from EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping.dll

many games have these DLL's included, you may find them also in games from GOG or Steam
Post edited January 17, 2022 by Gognarok
Has anyone here tested Obduction or Prison Architect? For some reason they are missing in both my list and remain untested on PCGamingWiki. I'll update both if someone can verify. Thanks.
AB2012: Has anyone here tested Obduction or Prison Architect? For some reason they are missing in both my list and remain untested on PCGamingWiki. I'll update both if someone can verify. Thanks.
Obduction can be launched directly from the executable. At least it could when I downloaded it.

Prison Architect needed the launcher, and I believe it also needed Paradox launcher.

I still have the backups, so I can update them and recheck.
AB2012: Has anyone here tested Obduction or Prison Architect? For some reason they are missing in both my list and remain untested on PCGamingWiki. I'll update both if someone can verify. Thanks.
i can also confirm that Prison Architect needs the launcher.
freshly installed and tested, also with different commandline parameters.
(ø,ø): Obduction can be launched directly from the executable. At least it could when I downloaded it.

Prison Architect needed the launcher, and I believe it also needed Paradox launcher.
Gognarok: i can also confirm that Prison Architect needs the launcher. freshly installed and tested, also with different commandline parameters.
Thanks guys. Updated.
(ø,ø): Obduction can be launched directly from the executable. At least it could when I downloaded it.

AB2012:
Gognarok: i can also confirm that Prison Architect needs the launcher. freshly installed and tested, also with different commandline parameters.
AB2012: Thanks guys. Updated.
I've updated and retested both and Obduction can still be launched directly from the executable, saving works fine too.

Prison Architect still needs the Epic launcher and it also installs Paradox launcher on your computer.
Relicta can be launched directly from the executable.
Hi,I'm new with the forum and this thread, I've compiled my collection based on your list with Linux/WINE section added, how do contribute?

Here's the new addition:
tested 2020/01/19, Pentium B820, Geforce 610M, 6GB RAM, Linux Mint 20.3, Wine 6.22
Europa Universalis IV, drmfree (updated)
Ken Follet’s Pillars of the Earth, drmfree
Overcooked 2, drmfree-switches, "-EpicPortal -AUTH_LOGIN= -AUTH_PASSWORD= -AUTH_TYPE= "