It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Added Huntdown as DRM Free for Windows (no special tricks required). Dunno about Mac.

Only played the first level but damn I love the game already!
Post edited May 20, 2020 by Crimson-X
MarkoH01: Can it be confirmed that Control is still DRM-free?
RoboPond: It is, i've just tried it. Works fine.
Sorry to bother you again but do you know if the DLC is DRM-free as well?
RoboPond: It is, i've just tried it. Works fine.
MarkoH01: Sorry to bother you again but do you know if the DLC is DRM-free as well?
I can't be sure a 100%, but it seems logical that it's also DRM-free - since it's integrated into the main game (not standalone).
Post edited May 20, 2020 by teceem
MarkoH01: Sorry to bother you again but do you know if the DLC is DRM-free as well?
teceem: I can't be sure a 100%, but it seems logical that it's also DRM-free - since it's integrated into the main game (not standalone).
It's sometimes not that easy. The Steam base Version of "A Hat in Time" i.e. is DRM-free. The expansion DLC is a seperate level inside the game but you can't access it if you don't start the game with the Steam client.
MarkoH01: It's sometimes not that easy. The Steam base Version of "A Hat in Time" i.e. is DRM-free. The expansion DLC is a seperate level inside the game but you can't access it if you don't start the game with the Steam client.
But what kind of DRM does it use? CEG? Epic doesn't have its own DRM (except for the client check). And AFAIK, the ones that need the launcher just check this when starting up (and easy to circumvent by adding something to a shortcut).
MarkoH01: It's sometimes not that easy. The Steam base Version of "A Hat in Time" i.e. is DRM-free. The expansion DLC is a seperate level inside the game but you can't access it if you don't start the game with the Steam client.
teceem: But what kind of DRM does it use? CEG? Epic doesn't have its own DRM (except for the client check). And AFAIK, the ones that need the launcher just check this when starting up (and easy to circumvent by adding something to a shortcut).
It's not always possible to circumvent the checking via paramters (that's what this list is for afaik) but you might be right that these two (Steam/Epic) are not compareable when it comes to DRM.
MarkoH01: It's not always possible to circumvent the checking via paramters (that's what this list is for afaik)
The list only mentions the DRM free games (with parameters or not). Is there a list of games on EGS that can't be played (or started) without the client running? (but without external DRM, like Denuvo e.g.)
MarkoH01: It's not always possible to circumvent the checking via paramters (that's what this list is for afaik)
teceem: The list only mentions the DRM free games (with parameters or not). Is there a list of games on EGS that can't be played (or started) without the client running? (but without external DRM, like Denuvo e.g.)
No, not that I know of. However I DO have some games that don#t run without the client and they also don't run with added parameters and such. One of thsoe is "The Escapists" which was given away for free.
Post edited May 20, 2020 by MarkoH01
teceem: The list only mentions the DRM free games (with parameters or not). Is there a list of games on EGS that can't be played (or started) without the client running? (but without external DRM, like Denuvo e.g.)
When I set this list up I modelled it heavily on the equivalent "Steam Games that don't need the Steam Client" thread for the sake of familiarity, ie, it includes only games that work offline and without the Epic Store Launcher (after the initial download). I allow for simple workarounds, eg, command line parameters, and just like the Steam list if a game can be made to legally work via some patch / workaround (eg, if an old game came to Epic that had Epic Launcher DRM added to its .exe but that could be easily sidestepped via a source-port like ScummVM, I'd probably allow that too).

There's no Epic equivalent of Steam's CEG (that downloads a game minus its .exe but then contacts a separate server that creates a custom unique .exe locked to your motherboard), but there is a basic Epic Games Launcher check (like the basic client check for Steam). Several games have this that I didn't add to the list because of that, eg, The Talos Principle.

Depending on what everyone here wants, it's certainly possible to add DRM'd games that fail the client-less test here (marked with a x cross) either into the existing list or as a separate spreadsheet tab, though I don't know how unwieldy the list would grow into if every single future game on the Epic Store were added? What do you all think about this?
Post edited May 20, 2020 by AB2012
AB2012: ...
Depending on what everyone here wants, it's certainly possible to add DRM'd games that fail the client-less test here (marked with a x cross) either into the existing list or as a separate spreadsheet tab, though I don't know how unwieldy the list would grow into if every single future game on the Epic Store were added? What do you all think about this?
I didn't mean any criticism by it - I just said it in the context of the conversation. ;-)
If you're adding DRM'ed games to the list; my recommendation would be to put them in a separate tab... (seems to me the least future-unwieldy option)
Post edited May 20, 2020 by teceem
AB2012: Depending on what everyone here wants, it's certainly possible to add DRM'd games that fail the client-less test here (marked with a x cross) either into the existing list or as a separate spreadsheet tab, though I don't know how unwieldy the list would grow into if every single future game on the Epic Store were added? What do you all think about this?
Given the fact that Epic has by far not as many games as Steam or even GOG I think it would be a good idea in fact. This way people would know if games aren't on the list because they weren's tested or if they aren't on the list because they don't belong there. Of course this is only possible on a store with not so many games or such list would simply be too much to handle.
Civilization 6 is DRM-free.
Post edited May 21, 2020 by Pyromancer138
Pyromancer138: Civilization 6 is DRM-free.
It also appears the DLC provided with it functions without client check-in.
Pyromancer138: Civilization 6 is DRM-free.
Exceed20XX: It also appears the DLC provided with it functions without client check-in.
Yep,It works like a charm.
Hopefully The Handsome Collection will also be DRM free.
Exceed20XX: It also appears the DLC provided with it functions without client check-in.
Pyromancer138: Yep,It works like a charm.
Hopefully The Handsome Collection will also be DRM free.
Oh, I'll be crossing my fingers on that one too for Handsome Collection!

That's awesome that Civ 6 is DRM-FREE on Epic.
Post edited May 21, 2020 by MysterD