It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

RedFireGaming: Roark - Elven Druid

Equipment - I have a staff, 2 x healing potion, 1 x cure poison potion and 1 x cure disease potion

Spells - I have Resurrect, Cure Poison, Entangle, Charm Animals, Lightning Storm, Summon Spider, Daylight, and Poison Dart. So far I have cast Summon Spider and Lightning storm. I cast Summon Spider on Turn 2, so I'm not sure how much longer it will last. Hopefully it can get some hits in on those cacklers.
I think I remember reading that summons last 5 turns. So the spider has most likely disappeared. If not already, then by the beginning of the next turn surely.
gogtrial34987: Considering the arrows, Og'rialt fixes Aslain with a hard stare, "...and I might have to reconsider the bit about your actions being appreciated."
"You do know the arrows were not meant for you, right? And who's that skull calling me "Chief"? Did I get an undead familiar... again?"

Aslain keeps walking in formation and looking for traps and any sounds that might alert him of danger ahead.
After recovering from the initial confusion, Beldarion whispers something to Aslain and grabs (*and appraises*) the book Og'rialt passed him: "Thanks, I guess..."
"Nice to have you back! By the way, why are you suddenly so secretive?"-eyes Og'rialt with some suspicion- "I think you owe us an explanation of what just happened here"
Beldarion rejoins the formation and continues advancing through the tunnel, watching for enemies.

New equipment since the beginning of the adventure:
*Belt of protection from piercing
*Potion of cure disease
*2 emeralds
*Book
Noticing that I still have the goblet in my hand, I cast Detect Secrets on it. Perhaps that will give me some insight into the liquid inside.
Doc0075: ** I would like everyone to post any new equipment/ loot they have and also how many spells they have cast. If you have a summoned creature, please say what turn you summoned it **
I now have a one-handed mace of +2 crushing power. Now idea if you allow me to keep my previous battleaxe with +1 damage or if I left it in the warded room ?
RedFireGaming: Roark - Elven Druid

Equipment - I have a staff, 2 x healing potion, 1 x cure poison potion and 1 x cure disease potion

Spells - I have Resurrect, Cure Poison, Entangle, Charm Animals, Lightning Storm, Summon Spider, Daylight, and Poison Dart. So far I have cast Summon Spider and Lightning storm. I cast Summon Spider on Turn 2, so I'm not sure how much longer it will last. Hopefully it can get some hits in on those cacklers.
idbeholdME: I think I remember reading that summons last 5 turns. So the spider has most likely disappeared. If not already, then by the beginning of the next turn surely.
I checked it, it was summoned on Turn 2, now we have Turn 7 and we'll have Turn 8 once Doc posts the next update. So if it's five, starting with Turn 3, it should be gone next turn, otherwise it should've expired this turn already.
Lone_Scout: "Nice to have you back! By the way, why are you suddenly so secretive?"-eyes Og'rialt with some suspicion- "I think you owe us an explanation of what just happened here"
"What happened there? Hell if I know! I was given some information on these vortices, which are apparently 'portals', and that we'll probably encounter another one in the future, all by this... very peculiar skull. It didn't strike me as a regular undead being, but it gave me the shivers all the same, and most of what he said doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me yet... I can only hope it'll make sense in context once these future events happen."

(OOC: I encountered Morte in all his full glory, but of course Og'rialt doesn't know what to think of Morte.)
Post edited October 16, 2019 by gogtrial34987
22 - Kip - Halfling Brigand - Southern side tunnel
Additional items: 1x cure disease potion, 2 emeralds

Kip gets back in formation and continues heading south with the party.

gogtrial34987: "What happened there? Hell if I know! I was given some information on these vortices, which are apparently 'portals', and that we'll probably encounter another one in the future, all by this... very peculiar skull..."
"The next vortex could still be a trap!" Kip warns, "The skull is not necessarily trustworthy."
So, lacking any hands or fingers to turn the pages, the skull had no use for these books and gifted them to you. Makes sense ;)
MaxFulvus: We should not stay close each other in a tunnel, imagine if they creatures have magical abilities and cast lightening storm or a similar spell on us ?

So, those who are not under a magical protection (like me), SPREAD OUT !

I stay close to the wall, protecting my body behind my shield, hoping that summoned creatures will be able to injure our foes before a close combat.
Good idea! Since svartalf has magic shield and reflect spells, perhaps he could cast those on some of us? And Thras too if he's willing if he has those spells? If you're trapchecking ahead of us, you might need it the most.

Speaking of magic protection, I don't have any, but I'm protected against any kind of normal arrows/missiles and I reflect them back at the attackers.

Right now we should have 2 summons, 2 paladins, 2 rangers, 1 thief, 1 battlemage, 1 mage, 1 druid and 1 cleric advancing. This seems like a good party, and actually might be an overkill, but it depends on what happens. Maybe we should state a formation to know who's where?
idbeholdME:
Don't forget to state your action, or you'll be left waiting at the portcullis.
Post edited October 16, 2019 by Green_Hilltop
Main tunnel
SmartyFartyParty
Human paladin
Equipment: original equipment + 1 healing pot + ciemnogrodzianin's +3 hammer, and...uh...bracers of +4 typing. Yeah. Can't forget those.

Spells cast: Turn undead x 1, Heal x 2
Summoned creatures: Farted
Green_Hilltop: Right now we should have 2 summons, 2 paladins, 2 rangers, 1 thief, 1 battlemage, 1 mage, 1 druid and 1 cleric advancing. This seems like a good party, and actually might be an overkill, but it depends on what happens. Maybe we should state a formation to know who's where?
Unless the thief wants to take point for traps, the two paladins should take point, esp. with the fancy new shield. Albeit some sort of spell protection would be nice.

Presumably the tunnel is wide enough to not be completely bunched up, but in range for protective spells?
Lone_Scout: "Nice to have you back! By the way, why are you suddenly so secretive?"-eyes Og'rialt with some suspicion- "I think you owe us an explanation of what just happened here"
gogtrial34987: "What happened there? Hell if I know! I was given some information on these vortices, which are apparently 'portals', and that we'll probably encounter another one in the future, all by this... very peculiar skull. It didn't strike me as a regular undead being, but it gave me the shivers all the same, and most of what he said doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me yet... I can only hope it'll make sense in context once these future events happen."

(OOC: I encountered Morte in all his full glory, but of course Og'rialt doesn't know what to think of Morte.)
Dunward Human Mage:
"You came across library there? Who knows what wonders may there be? Could it contain the necronomicon?"
Dunward returns to formation.
Eqipment collected:
- Dagger +2 vs Undead
- Healing potion
- 2 Emeralds
Spells cast: 5
Post edited October 16, 2019 by Sulibor
Green_Hilltop: Don't forget to state your action, or you'll be left waiting at the portcullis.
Right.

I guess I will just move along through the gate with others, behind the main frontline, ready to cast a spell should the situation call for it.
Post edited October 16, 2019 by idbeholdME
Green_Hilltop: Right now we should have 2 summons, 2 paladins, 3 rangers, 1 thief, 1 battlemage, 1 mage, 1 druid and 1 cleric advancing. This seems like a good party, and actually might be an overkill, but it depends on what happens. Maybe we should state a formation to know who's where?
bler144: Unless the thief wants to take point for traps, the two paladins should take point, esp. with the fancy new shield. Albeit some sort of spell protection would be nice.

Presumably the tunnel is wide enough to not be completely bunched up, but in range for protective spells?
I'm already taking point, as I wrote on the previous page, but I was doing it behind the summons who act as scouts. I had assumed you three (Kyp, Babargh and you) were walking in a line and I thought svartalf might want to join you for the Globe of Protection bonus, so I went a little bit ahead (with Roark and Thras being presumably nearby), however in that case I'm walking next to you and taking the point with you! :)

If you wish, I can give you the shield, since it seems you want it? And I'll still have the mace, which is an upgrade for me. It doesn't upgrade defense, as far as I'm aware, it's just a missile reflector and Wight/Ghul sp. attack nullifier, basically (it's still awesome though!).

Ok, so me and Smarty are taking the point, we're mostly likely in front of Babark and Kyp, so we should be protected by the Globe and at the same timewe're letting the summons be the first scouts, so they're ahead of us at least several meters, ideally minimally 10. Oh, and I think you should unsummon your farts, so that the two dwarves can breathe behind us! ;)

The tunnel is still 6 people wide, so we're either going to reach a room as wide or wider as the tunnel or some doors. But since we can hear the cackling I'm assuming it's going to be open space.

SummonS
space
space
enough space for the summons to go scout safely
Smarty and Eranear (Globe of Protection bonus)
Kyp, Babargh (Globe of Protection bonus), Svartalf?
Max?
and in the back
Rudy

I'm not sure where Thras, Roark, Svartalf and Max wish to be. I'm guessing Zayd has gone ahead of us, judging from his description, he's maybe even overtaken the summons. I'm guessing the Doc will roll which of those three will reach the cackling first.

Edit: it seems like Svartalf is somewhere around Babark, based on his response. I suggest the front line takes 2 of the 3 GoP (+Babargh) spots, so that we can tank anything that comes at us and then attack, and let someone in the row behind us have the remaining GoP.
Post edited October 16, 2019 by Green_Hilltop