It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Across the years, Dungeon Siege and Deus Ex series gathered a massive fanbase among the gamers worldwide. Today Dungeon Siege Collection, as well as Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director’s Cut and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided arrive on GOG.COM in all DRM-free glory.

Dungeon Siege Collection (-85%) includes three parts of the cult fantasy RPG series, along with the DLC titled Treasures of the Sun. The Dungeon Siege series was born in 2002 from the Gas Powered Games studio members' passion for the RPG genre. The title captivated gamers around the world with its rich fantasy world, beautiful 3D graphics, and mechanics that were easy to grasp even for the beginners in the RPG domain. It was only a matter of time when the sequel was released in 2005 with the expanded world and a more complex storyline.

Over the years, Dungeon Siege became a cult classic. This led to a movie adaptation of the game featuring Jason Statham and, finally, to the third part of the series. This time it was created by Obsidian Entertainment (veterans of Baldur’s Gate) and published by Square Enix. Released in 2011, Dungeon Siege III introduced gamers to an innovative combat system that made the gameplay even more dynamic and engaging.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (-85%) is also a good example of revamping a cult series. After Deus Ex (2000) and Deus Ex: Invisible War (2003) made a lot of fans thanks to the cyberpunk setting and RPG elements, the series went into a hiatus for nearly a decade.

Human Revolution lets us revisit the same dystopian universe of the future, albeit its story is set a few decades earlier. The world is divided between the supporters and opponents of human augmentations. The main protagonist, Adam Jensen, is a former SWAT member and the head of security at a tech company. He is being cast into the above-mentioned strife after suffering heavy wounds and being biotechnologically enhanced in order to save his life. During the game, the player can expand the main character’s augmentation further, making him even more lethal.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (-85%) further expanded on adventures of Adam Jensen, merging action elements with RPG decision making, that changed the face of the storyline. One of its highly praised elements was the so-called Breach - an alternative game mode set in the virtual world. On top of that Deus Ex series was even further expanded with the successful comics series.

Now you can revisit the fascinating universes of Dungeon Siege and Deus Ex once more, thanks to the Square Enix Publisher Sale on GOG.COM featuring deals up to 89% off until 4th May 2020, 1 PM UTC.
high rated
adamhm: It looks like the standalone installers have now been updated, the version listed is now "1.19 hotfix" :)

Edit: Or almost - the download links don't work yet. Attempts to download just produce an "invalid license" error.
Verified, I'm getting new names but massive errors grabbing them... they entire set is 45.1GB and the DLC is 10.3 so thats a lot to upload to hosters and set links to update.

Galaxy always gets updates first no matter what, loose files are easier to patch in as you just then update the goggame-galaxyFileList.ini with new names from repo to pull and update.
Post edited May 06, 2020 by Starkrun
melmovano: @Anothername:

I don't know if that would help you but I encounter an issue often when visiting the website. Randomly it appears in German, French or even Polish although I have a unique website language set in my browser and that is English.

It seems that gog.com is broken in this matter, and this already since a long time. Might be the culprit of the issue you are facing.

Strangely, everytime after refreshing the site it appears in English for me xD
SarahGabriella: Just use Galaxy. Browsers can be a bit wonky with site issues.
melmovano: @Anothername:

I don't know if that would help you but I encounter an issue often when visiting the website. Randomly it appears in German, French or even Polish although I have a unique website language set in my browser and that is English.

It seems that gog.com is broken in this matter, and this already since a long time. Might be the culprit of the issue you are facing.

Strangely, everytime after refreshing the site it appears in English for me xD
karnak1: Many people here were experiencing the same issue (including me) but after some time, it stopped. Perhaps if you try to delete your browser's cookies or something?
Completely missed these. Both worth a shot next time. Thanks. :)

Overall its pretty tiring to just keep the "classic" Gog default setup setting I always used. Makes the shopping experience sour. :/

WTF, down-voting him/her for suggesting Galaxy? I mean I'm not too thrilled either but its a helpful suggestion; if not at least to see if its any different. :(
low rated
Just another reminder: I am giving out 4 copies of the dungeon siege collection PLUS a very awesome mystery prize(one can enter for the dungeon siege game, the mystery prize, or even TRY FOR BOTH)

Also entrants atm are low, so one's chances(especially for the dungeon siege games) are very good. :)
Post edited May 06, 2020 by GameRager
low rated
SmollestLight: The issue has been fixed for the Deux Ex: Mankind Divided DLC as well! You will now be able to play it without GALAXY.
Thank you. Will download once the links here are working.

And I do still maintain this should have been the case from the start.

Whose idea was it to replace Scheme DRM with effectively Galaxy DRM? Who deemed that an acceptable "solution
?

(to others reading, re: multiplayer DRM, I will discuss some other time since I didn't want to get more off-track in this topic).
Anothername: WTF, down-voting him/her for suggesting Galaxy? I mean I'm not too thrilled either but its a helpful suggestion; if not at least to see if its any different. :(
"Just use Galaxy" is an unhelpful suggestion. Just make the games DRM-free and not require clients.
Post edited May 06, 2020 by rjbuffchix
SmollestLight: The issue has been fixed for the Deux Ex: Mankind Divided DLC as well! You will now be able to play it without GALAXY.
rjbuffchix: Thank you. Will download once the links here are working.

And I do still maintain this should have been the case from the start.

Whose idea was it to replace Scheme DRM with effectively Galaxy DRM? Who deemed that an acceptable "solution
?

(to others reading, re: multiplayer DRM, I will discuss some other time since I didn't want to get more off-track in this topic).
Anothername: WTF, down-voting him/her for suggesting Galaxy? I mean I'm not too thrilled either but its a helpful suggestion; if not at least to see if its any different. :(
rjbuffchix: "Just use Galaxy" is an unhelpful suggestion. Just make the games DRM-free and not require clients.
I use Galaxy primary to DL the independent installer which I then use without. And occasionally to patch stuff up; unless its unable to like with GalCiv III. Galaxy could not even patch my GalCiv to save its life.

And it might narrow down where the error happens.
high rated
rjbuffchix: Whose idea was it to replace Scheme DRM with effectively Galaxy DRM? Who deemed that an acceptable "solution
Reworking a game to strip out Steam would be a somewhat large task, one that publishers would not do due to the cost and GOG cannot do due to not having access to the source code. So a Steam emulator that also functions as a Steam --> Galaxy translation layer is a reasonable workaround.

The DX:MD DLC only working with Galaxy was an accident - most likely GOG just didn't bother testing the game on a system without Galaxy installed so they didn't notice until the complaints started coming in.
low rated
adamhm: Reworking a game to strip out Steam would be a somewhat large task, one that publishers would not do due to the cost and GOG cannot do due to not having access to the source code. So a Steam emulator that also functions as a Steam --> Galaxy translation layer is a reasonable workaround.

The DX:MD DLC only working with Galaxy was an accident - most likely GOG just didn't bother testing the game on a system without Galaxy installed so they didn't notice until the complaints started coming in.
Good post. I agree with the first part in theory, as long as the game also works with the offline installer. I am not objecting to a "steam.dll" file being in a game, only objecting to where Scheme client requirement is replaced with Galaxy client requirement. The fact that this "accident" happened like this definitely goes to show the importance of testing offline completely non-Galaxy installers. It also shows how much priority is on doing so, at present. People can low-vote me all they want (as if rep matters anyway) but the fact remains that it seems we have to remind GOG to focus on the offline installers too or otherwise it simply may not happen.
high rated
YEAH BUDDY! offline installers are a GO!
Attachments:
oli1.jpg (48 Kb)
oli2.jpg (206 Kb)
low rated
rjbuffchix: People can low-vote me all they want (as if rep matters anyway) but the fact remains that it seems we have to remind GOG to focus on the offline installers too or otherwise it simply may not happen.
As long as it is rare and not their fault I am okay with it happening on very rare occasions if it's accidental AND they fix it quickly.

That said: +1
high rated
adamhm: Reworking a game to strip out Steam would be a somewhat large task, one that publishers would not do due to the cost and GOG cannot do due to not having access to the source code. So a Steam emulator that also functions as a Steam --> Galaxy translation layer is a reasonable workaround.

rjbuffchix: Good post. I agree with the first part in theory, as long as the game also works with the offline installer. I am not objecting to a "steam.dll" file being in a game, only objecting to where Scheme client requirement is replaced with Galaxy client requirement. The fact that this "accident" happened like this definitely goes to show the importance of testing offline completely non-Galaxy installers. It also shows how much priority is on doing so, at present. People can low-vote me all they want (as if rep matters anyway) but the fact remains that it seems we have to remind GOG to focus on the offline installers too or otherwise it simply may not happen.
I think people in this thread is reading into it a bit much
Mistakes happen, gog empoyees are not robots
even on steam a platform that earns a lot more than Gog mistakes happen.
Its nothing new.
high rated
rjbuffchix: Good post. I agree with the first part in theory, as long as the game also works with the offline installer. I am not objecting to a "steam.dll" file being in a game, only objecting to where Scheme client requirement is replaced with Galaxy client requirement. The fact that this "accident" happened like this definitely goes to show the importance of testing offline completely non-Galaxy installers. It also shows how much priority is on doing so, at present. People can low-vote me all they want (as if rep matters anyway) but the fact remains that it seems we have to remind GOG to focus on the offline installers too or otherwise it simply may not happen.
Lodium: I think people in this thread is reading into it a bit much
Mistakes happen, gog empoyees are not robots
even on steam a platform that earns a lot more than Gog mistakes happen.
Its nothing new.
Unfortunately it was an accumulation of factors as well.
Growing distrust for GOG (removal of GOG downloader, increased publicity for Galaxy, removal of update flags, etc) + too many people at home with too much time on their hands + terrible psychological and emotional stress due to the pandemic and forced quarantine + conspiracy theories galore due to these terrible times we're living.
A terrible cocktail which damages people's nerves and makes everyone jumpy and less tolerant.

GOG must be more careful and check their releases twice from now on.
It would be if there were genuinely no drawbacks for offline installers. Unfortunately as mentioned before, multiple users here including myself have noticed significantly longer startup times in a number of recent AAA releases that use this method as the games now sit there "pinging" the network an extra 10-15s before startup to the extent that GOG's new offline DRM-Free builds that involve an emulated Galaxy seemingly "talking" to an emulated Steam end up taking 6x longer to start "offline" than Steam's DRM'd versions do online, which is a pretty silly "solution".

I'm quite happy to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for a fix particularly during current circumstances, but the problem is this was first reported in the Bioshock Remasters way back in Dec 2018 and still remains there today (including in DX:HR) as a separate issue than DX:MD DRM, after 16-17 months the quality control of this new "common.dll" based 'emulated client talking to an emulated client" isn't making it look like a particularly good workaround.
Post edited May 06, 2020 by AB2012
low rated
AB2012: It would be if there were genuinely no drawbacks for offline installers. Unfortunately as mentioned before, multiple users here including myself have noticed significantly longer startup times in a number of recent AAA releases that use this method as the games now sit there "pinging" the network an extra 10-15s before startup to the extent that GOG's new offline DRM-Free builds that involve an emulated Galaxy seemingly "talking" to an emulated Steam end up taking 6x longer to start "offline" than Steam's DRM'd versions do online, which is a pretty silly "solution".
This will likely sound like i'm excusing gog's behavior or crass/rude/etc, but: What is so hard about waiting 15 seconds for a game to start?

I know some people's time is precious....I mean that compared to games that sometimes took several minutes to load, that seems like nothing to get overly upset about.

Also if anyone's time is that precious(that seconds count), maybe they should/could try trimming some time elsewhere or finding things to do during such delays to maximize efficiency of time usage?
high rated
AB2012: ...
That's more of a defect with GOG's particular implementation though. Other Steam emulators don't suffer from this kind of issue AFAIK (I've certainly not noticed anything like it with the Goldberg emulator).
AB2012: I'm quite happy to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for a fix particularly during current circumstances, but the problem is this was first reported in the Bioshock Remasters way back in Dec 2018 and still remains there today (including in DX:HR) as a separate issue than DX:MD DRM, after 16-17 months the quality control of this new "common.dll" based 'emulated client talking to an emulated client" isn't making it look like a particularly good workaround.
The question would be how long it takes in Steam while in offline mode , because you cannot really compare Gog offline vs Steam online, depends of the game but Steam usually takes longer in offline mode. Also what do you call "offline", network interface disables / network cable pulled or just the exe blocked in the firewall.