It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Across the years, Dungeon Siege and Deus Ex series gathered a massive fanbase among the gamers worldwide. Today Dungeon Siege Collection, as well as Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director’s Cut and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided arrive on GOG.COM in all DRM-free glory.

Dungeon Siege Collection (-85%) includes three parts of the cult fantasy RPG series, along with the DLC titled Treasures of the Sun. The Dungeon Siege series was born in 2002 from the Gas Powered Games studio members' passion for the RPG genre. The title captivated gamers around the world with its rich fantasy world, beautiful 3D graphics, and mechanics that were easy to grasp even for the beginners in the RPG domain. It was only a matter of time when the sequel was released in 2005 with the expanded world and a more complex storyline.

Over the years, Dungeon Siege became a cult classic. This led to a movie adaptation of the game featuring Jason Statham and, finally, to the third part of the series. This time it was created by Obsidian Entertainment (veterans of Baldur’s Gate) and published by Square Enix. Released in 2011, Dungeon Siege III introduced gamers to an innovative combat system that made the gameplay even more dynamic and engaging.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (-85%) is also a good example of revamping a cult series. After Deus Ex (2000) and Deus Ex: Invisible War (2003) made a lot of fans thanks to the cyberpunk setting and RPG elements, the series went into a hiatus for nearly a decade.

Human Revolution lets us revisit the same dystopian universe of the future, albeit its story is set a few decades earlier. The world is divided between the supporters and opponents of human augmentations. The main protagonist, Adam Jensen, is a former SWAT member and the head of security at a tech company. He is being cast into the above-mentioned strife after suffering heavy wounds and being biotechnologically enhanced in order to save his life. During the game, the player can expand the main character’s augmentation further, making him even more lethal.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (-85%) further expanded on adventures of Adam Jensen, merging action elements with RPG decision making, that changed the face of the storyline. One of its highly praised elements was the so-called Breach - an alternative game mode set in the virtual world. On top of that Deus Ex series was even further expanded with the successful comics series.

Now you can revisit the fascinating universes of Dungeon Siege and Deus Ex once more, thanks to the Square Enix Publisher Sale on GOG.COM featuring deals up to 89% off until 4th May 2020, 1 PM UTC.
SmollestLight: We are aware of the issues of the DLC and are working on a fix for the problem so everyone can enjoy them. I will let you know when it's done.

- Dungeon Siege III has been fixed with new Offline Installers and is now playable without GALAXY.
So any news about the fix for DE: Mankind Divided?
melmovano: @karnak1: No that ain't the issue, Firefox is set to autodelete on exit. However it's heavily fortified against trackers etc., might have something to do with it. Still what is bizarre that it doesn't happen all the time. But that doesn't bug me much anyway.
Starkrun: I run a 2 million tracker/malware/ad blocker DNS server plus uMatrix, uBlock origin with custom entries, Privacy Badger, Decentrleyes and Universal Bypass. Gog runs like a top with no issues and depending on exit point language follows... I'm on FF 75.
Ah ok must be something else then.

By the way, I'm trying the new offline installers for DS 3 right now. The DLC installer has no file integrity check (anymore?), anyone using that one might want to save it twice on two different locations.
About Dungeon Siege III, would it be possible to include the preorder items?
SmollestLight: We are aware of the issues of the DLC and are working on a fix for the problem so everyone can enjoy them. I will let you know when it's done.

- Dungeon Siege III has been fixed with new Offline Installers and is now playable without GALAXY.
blotunga: So any news about the fix for DE: Mankind Divided?
Jesus dude, it's only been 20 hours. Relax.
I was just thinking to myself, as I copied over the backup installers for Dungeon Siege games, a very worrying thought. I looked at what I had on backups, that being the original physical releases, with aranna and the broken world collectors set, and thought to myself is there any reason to keep the GOG installers? This is the first time I have had this thought, where the originals, admittedly with a nocd in DS2, are actually superior to the GOG version. It was mostly when copying over “fixes” and such like for the missing DLC when this hit me. It’s a worrying thought that in future old copies, or even pirated versions, would be superior to official GOG releases.
ghst84: How did you find this one? Never mind the fact that I didn't even know about its existence, you can't even locate this on the main page.
teceem: People on the forum mention it from time to time. ;-)

Do you mean the main GOG page, or as a sticky in the general forum?
Anyway, read this at the bottom of gogdb:
"GOG Database is not affiliated with GOG or CD Projekt."
It's merely a disclaimer that they are not part of GOG. In practice, it doesn't really matter. In the same way that SteamDB is not affiliated with Steam or Valve. They are websites that were made by fans.

What could be a concern is that GOGDB is in beta as mentioned on the site's front page. There it is also mentioned how to report any bugs you might see. Personally, I haven't seen any, but your mileage may vary.
blotunga: So any news about the fix for DE: Mankind Divided?
Randalator: Jesus dude, it's only been 20 hours. Relax.
It's already late. They should fix this kind of problem before release.
Still no answer to my ticket
high rated
rjbuffchix: As for the potential solution to multiplayer DRM, well, most people don't like it: at the very minimum remove all games from the store that don't have at least one mode of DRM-free multiplayer (such as unrestricted LAN, splitscreen, hotseat, direct connect, play by email). Really, no multiplayer DRM should be acceptable and yes I realize the accepted games with it pre-date the Galaxy requirements. GWENT has to go, too. And though what I propose may not be popular, it would at least be consistent with the DRM-free brand.
So you want CDPR to remove their own created game completely from their own created store? Interesting idea but very unlikely - especially since many still enjoy it, client or not. More interesting though is your request of removing all games here that do provide MP only for Galaxy. So people like myself with exactly zero interest in MP will be unable to get those games at all DRM-free because of the DRM-free principle? Let us at least agree on the fact that this solution probably won't make everybody happy in the end. I understand where you come from - no DRM at all - even in MP - period ... but this for sure would mean a LOT of games to be removed ...
Randalator: Jesus dude, it's only been 20 hours. Relax.
LiefLayer: It's already late. They should fix this kind of problem before release.
Still no answer to my ticket
I am pretty sure they will fix the DLC issue before even replying to you. As it has been mentioned multiple times support is swamped right now ... Corona or something might have to do with it ;) So in general they only send out automatic replies in the hope to react without having the workload. The most important thing however is that it has been stated here by an official that they are ALREADY working on it - so the question remains what it is yopu still expect? I doubt that a confirmation that they in fact really are working on this would not make you feel better since you already knew.

Don't get this wrong. Them leaving DRM in the DLC is an absolute no-go. The way how the "fix" depended on Galaxy it's also hard for me to believe that they did not know (honestly, they routed Steam DRM to Galaxy - not hard to magine that this might not work without Galaxy ;)) - but now they have officially stated that they are aware and that they are already trying to fix it. So we should just give them the time to do so and not expect some personal replies in a situation that probably is hard to handle when working from home.
Post edited May 05, 2020 by MarkoH01
rjbuffchix: As for the potential solution to multiplayer DRM, well, most people don't like it: at the very minimum remove all games from the store that don't have at least one mode of DRM-free multiplayer (such as unrestricted LAN, splitscreen, hotseat, direct connect, play by email). Really, no multiplayer DRM should be acceptable and yes I realize the accepted games with it pre-date the Galaxy requirements. GWENT has to go, too. And though what I propose may not be popular, it would at least be consistent with the DRM-free brand.
MarkoH01: So you want CDPR to remove their own created game completely from their own created store? Interesting idea but very unlikely - especially since many still enjoy it, client or not. More interesting though is your request of removing all games here that do provide MP only for Galaxy. So people like myself with exactly zero interest in MP will be unable to get those games at all DRM-free because of the DRM-free principle? Let us at least agree on the fact that this solution probably won't make everybody happy in the end. I understand where you come from - no DRM at all - even in MP - period ... but this for sure would mean a LOT of games to be removed ...
Yes, I want CDPR to remove their one game that requires online connection to play at all, from the DRM-free store since it greatly dilutes the brand of the store by normalizing such behavior. It's actually magnitudes worse than if they let some random developer do such behavior too because this is CDPR's store and the game is a spinoff of their flagship game, at that!

Note that I didn't say for them to wipe it from existence or anything, just not to have it here on the DRM-free store. Put it on their own website, put it on app store (which they do), hell put it on Scheme to try and win over all the Thronebreaker whiners who resented the fact that they bought it here instead of waiting for it to release on Scheme (seriously look at the GOG reviews of Thronebreaker).

As for other games with multiplayer DRM, really I am just proposing what is consistent with a DRM-free brand. I admit there are games here where I don't touch the DRMed version of multiplayer here but enjoy the game otherwise. So my points are more, "philosophical" for lack of a better word. The sad thing is how much GOG has already compromised principles to allow so many of these games that now it's like they're "stuck" in this pattern.
MarkoH01: Them leaving DRM in the DLC is an absolute no-go. The way how the "fix" depended on Galaxy it's also hard for me to believe that they did not know (honestly, they routed Steam DRM to Galaxy - not hard to magine that this might not work without Galaxy ;))
This phenomenon with the Deus Ex Mankind Divided DLC is what really concerns me about the situation and makes it totally distinct from the (now-fixed) issue with Dungeon Siege III DLC. That is to say, someone, somewhere, on their staff, said it is okay to just route Scheme DRM through Galaxy (and notice the silence from the usual defenders of the Galaxy who in other topics swear up and down that Galaxy is not DRM). Well it is not okay to those of us who don't want DRM in our games of any sort whether it be Scheme or the kinder, gentler totally-not-DRM and completely optional Galaxy. I don't want the stick nor do I want the carrot. I want 100% DRM-free gaming which is what any DRM-free store should strive towards providing.
Post edited May 05, 2020 by rjbuffchix
@rjbuffchix

Your suggestions fall into deaf ears and you probably don't realize it because your head is so much up your ass with the "I don' want this, I want that" attitude that you're becoming tone-deaf.

Look, I want Mankind Divided here, I want it DRM-free just as much as you do. But you need to accept the fact that, especially in IT, people fuck up once in a while. There's no hidden agenda, there's no conspiracy to turn GOG into another Steam. It was an oversight of someone, probably working from home with less resources than she/he is used to, and now that they said they're aware of the problem and working on a fix, I seriously can't know what it is that you want from them.

If you want a game store to be aligned to your specific needs (screw everybody else), then, by all means, start your own. Let us know how that goes. But I assure you that with that absolutist behavior of yours, you won't get far in business. Listen to what @StingingVelvet said; there is no way in hell, they'll sacrifice their own business pitch for a DLC worth 2 bucks. They didn't do it with their own damn game coming out this year, I'm sure as fuck they won't start with a couple of DLCs that were on the market four years ago...

PS: Thank you GOG for bringing Mankind Divided and Human Revolution to this store. I was holding off on MD with the slight hope (and sometimes I faltered) that I wouldn't have to play it with a store client on the background.
rjbuffchix: (and notice the silence from the usual defenders of the Galaxy who in other topics swear up and down that Galaxy is not DRM)
I'll defend galaxy... it IS and is NOT DRM.

Use it for save management, rapid patching, beta testing, screenshots, a communication and community hub, cross platform multiplayer, local and hub multiplayer and a launcher to collect all your games its a fantastic little application.

How IS it DRM?
For 2 games now its required and one may be changed soon. GWENT requires it to work and the Activation of the DLC for Mankind Divided. This is the first time I've accepted it as a form of DRM since its needed to actually play a game that is not multiplayer and costs money.

How is it NOT DRM?
Its a launcher that collects and simplifies everything, it is not needed to play the single player portion of any game (prior to Mankind Divided's DLC) in the entire catalogue of paid for titles at GOG.com. Multiplayer itself requires a connection outbound, the games require you to have internet to download. It makes absolute sense Galaxy will be used as a backbones to titles that have previously only used steam or other methods as a framework and not TCP/IP or IPX/SPX connections. All the classic multiplayer works without it, only the newer ones require it since its built off a different frame work. This is nothing that GOG has control over, its a developer decision.

Perfect example is the redux of the AVP game. Steam multiplayer only for this version so we needed to "hook into steam" and Galaxy was that solution. Without it all we would have is the base redux of the game with no multiplayer at all.

Galaxy assumes the user wants to use it as a launcher, by doing so you accept its place in the ecosystem. If not then don't use it. And up to this point all games and their entire single player components work without issue (minus the DLC for DE:MD at this time) and do not need Galaxy. You want multiplayer you already said you 1: have internet and 2: want to play with others.. so use the tool provided or buy it elsewhere simple as that.
rjbuffchix:
Like I said I COMPLETELEY understand why you are requesting what you are requesting and from a pure principle or philosophical point I do agree. But GOG probably just looks at how many are playing GWENT here on GOG despite it being pure DRM without any question and so I guess it is highly unlikely that they'll ever do what you - or others as well - request.

Regarding the point of DRM-free only - I guess many, while still wanting this to be completely DRM-free, would prefer to have the games in question without MP than having them at all ... of course this would also not be 100% perfect since it would then become a "second class" game with GOG not offering MP at all while Steam does. From a commercial POV in some cases it is understandable that especially small indie devs don't have the resources to add DRM-free MP just to be able to bring the game to GOG ... the problem is that most develop their games with Steam in mind and using the options Steam has to offer.

In the end several things will never be fair or 100% principle like because of the money that is always involved. Being it the devs who'd have to implement another method to play MP or GOG who'd have to get rif of games they could sell. I don't say that that's okay, I simply say that I doubt this will chabge as long as GOG still has a much smaller market share than Steam.
Post edited May 05, 2020 by MarkoH01
Maxvorstadt: What was wrong with Dungeon Siege III? What has changed? I used the offline installers and it worked fine. So what has changed?
Randalator: Broken English offline installer caused installations to miss critical files. German offline installer was fine.
I always install the english version. Hm, so the DLC is not installed properly in the english version? Well, I already wondered why the DLC didn`t show up in any way in the game menu.
Hm, if I just redownload the DLC and install it over the game, will it recognize it and will I be able to continue playing with my character? Or do I have to uninstall it and then re-install?

Pyromancer138: Hey,Mankind Divided has achievements from The Breach mode, could you please remove them?

Thanks.
Hey Pyro, I'm not familiar with The Breach mode, could you explain what it is and what are the achievements removed? I'd like to keep track of them in my thread.