It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Across the years, Dungeon Siege and Deus Ex series gathered a massive fanbase among the gamers worldwide. Today Dungeon Siege Collection, as well as Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director’s Cut and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided arrive on GOG.COM in all DRM-free glory.

Dungeon Siege Collection (-85%) includes three parts of the cult fantasy RPG series, along with the DLC titled Treasures of the Sun. The Dungeon Siege series was born in 2002 from the Gas Powered Games studio members' passion for the RPG genre. The title captivated gamers around the world with its rich fantasy world, beautiful 3D graphics, and mechanics that were easy to grasp even for the beginners in the RPG domain. It was only a matter of time when the sequel was released in 2005 with the expanded world and a more complex storyline.

Over the years, Dungeon Siege became a cult classic. This led to a movie adaptation of the game featuring Jason Statham and, finally, to the third part of the series. This time it was created by Obsidian Entertainment (veterans of Baldur’s Gate) and published by Square Enix. Released in 2011, Dungeon Siege III introduced gamers to an innovative combat system that made the gameplay even more dynamic and engaging.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (-85%) is also a good example of revamping a cult series. After Deus Ex (2000) and Deus Ex: Invisible War (2003) made a lot of fans thanks to the cyberpunk setting and RPG elements, the series went into a hiatus for nearly a decade.

Human Revolution lets us revisit the same dystopian universe of the future, albeit its story is set a few decades earlier. The world is divided between the supporters and opponents of human augmentations. The main protagonist, Adam Jensen, is a former SWAT member and the head of security at a tech company. He is being cast into the above-mentioned strife after suffering heavy wounds and being biotechnologically enhanced in order to save his life. During the game, the player can expand the main character’s augmentation further, making him even more lethal.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (-85%) further expanded on adventures of Adam Jensen, merging action elements with RPG decision making, that changed the face of the storyline. One of its highly praised elements was the so-called Breach - an alternative game mode set in the virtual world. On top of that Deus Ex series was even further expanded with the successful comics series.

Now you can revisit the fascinating universes of Dungeon Siege and Deus Ex once more, thanks to the Square Enix Publisher Sale on GOG.COM featuring deals up to 89% off until 4th May 2020, 1 PM UTC.
SmollestLight: We are aware of the issues of the DLC and are working on a fix for the problem so everyone can enjoy them. I will let you know when it's done.

- Dungeon Siege III has been fixed with new Offline Installers and is now playable without GALAXY.
You are amazing thank you, hope you had a great Labour Day!
melmovano: @Anothername:

I don't know if that would help you but I encounter an issue often when visiting the website. Randomly it appears in German, French or even Polish although I have a unique website language set in my browser and that is English.

It seems that gog.com is broken in this matter, and this already since a long time. Might be the culprit of the issue you are facing.

Strangely, everytime after refreshing the site it appears in English for me xD
melmovano: @Anothername:

I don't know if that would help you but I encounter an issue often when visiting the website. Randomly it appears in German, French or even Polish although I have a unique website language set in my browser and that is English.

It seems that gog.com is broken in this matter, and this already since a long time. Might be the culprit of the issue you are facing.

Strangely, everytime after refreshing the site it appears in English for me xD
karnak1: Many people here were experiencing the same issue (including me) but after some time, it stopped. Perhaps if you try to delete your browser's cookies or something?
When this happens (with language or prices) - just add any game to the cart, and proceed to checkout.(you don’t really need to buy a game - just go to checkout).
After that, the prices will again be in the correct currency, and the language will be corrected (or it can be correctly switched to the necessary one).
It's a workaround for a well-known bug of GOG, which is already years old and is not being fixed.
What was wrong with Dungeon Siege III? What has changed? I used the offline installers and it worked fine. So what has changed?
Maxvorstadt: What was wrong with Dungeon Siege III? What has changed? I used the offline installers and it worked fine. So what has changed?
I believe the english DLC had problems involving installation or playing it.
Post edited May 04, 2020 by BigBobsBeepers
Maxvorstadt: What was wrong with Dungeon Siege III? What has changed? I used the offline installers and it worked fine. So what has changed?
Corrupt DLC offline installer. Possibly just the English one.
Broken English offline installer caused installations to miss critical files. German offline installer was fine.
SmollestLight: We are aware of the issues of the DLC and are working on a fix for the problem so everyone can enjoy them. I will let you know when it's done.

- Dungeon Siege III has been fixed with new Offline Installers and is now playable without GALAXY.
Thank you :)
eiii: Has anyone tried the Dungeon Siege games on Linux?
miki.yamato.92: Yes all 3 working great :D
igrok: Tried the first one quickly and had no problems whatsoever in a clean wine prefix (with wine-staging 5.2).
That's good news, thanks! I couldn't resist, the offer was too good to let it pass. So I've taken the risk and bought the collection anyway before the sale has ended. But so far I had no time to try them out.
Post edited May 05, 2020 by eiii
high rated
Days of hyperbolic whining, and of course it was an error. Who knew they wouldn't change their entire business model for $2 in DLC? Crazy! ;)

Glad they're on top of it.
@SarahGabriella: Nah I'm good thanks. I started with GOG when they were the "rebel" without a launcher and after a few intermezzos with Galaxy I came back to using offline installers, which was the initial hook for me. The first Galaxy had some charm because it was so simple, but now it starts to morph into a launcher like the others, and the circumstances make me believe that one day it will be mandatory.

@karnak1: No that ain't the issue, Firefox is set to autodelete on exit. However it's heavily fortified against trackers etc., might have something to do with it. Still what is bizarre that it doesn't happen all the time. But that doesn't bug me much anyway.
melmovano: @karnak1: No that ain't the issue, Firefox is set to autodelete on exit. However it's heavily fortified against trackers etc., might have something to do with it. Still what is bizarre that it doesn't happen all the time. But that doesn't bug me much anyway.
I run a 2 million tracker/malware/ad blocker DNS server plus uMatrix, uBlock origin with custom entries, Privacy Badger, Decentrleyes and Universal Bypass. Gog runs like a top with no issues and depending on exit point language follows... I'm on FF 75.
StingingVelvet: Days of hyperbolic whining, and of course it was an error. Who knew they wouldn't change their entire business model for $2 in DLC? Crazy! ;)
You forgot about review bombing lol.
high rated
StingingVelvet: Days of hyperbolic whining, and of course it was an error. Who knew they wouldn't change their entire business model for $2 in DLC? Crazy! ;)

Glad they're on top of it.
I can't speak for others but for me t's not so much worry they were changing their business model for this specific piece of media, but rather that they would loosen their standards (even more) going forward. I know you have said in other topics that you come here for the offline installers too. Well, in the case of Deus Ex DLC, my understanding from reading the forums is that GOG used a "trick" to get the game to look for Galaxy connected, instead of Scheme being connected as was the case in the build given. Offline installers as far as I can tell were not at all part of this original thought process since we originally heard nothing about them.

I will be glad when GOG makes it right as should have been the case to start with. However, the fact remains that this Deus Ex example in particular was on the verge of setting a very bad precedent for offline installers. Just my opinion as a customer of course but I think it's valid to distinguish between that versus Dungeon Siege III DLC since the latter was closer to a "glitch" as we saw with other games whereas the former was actively relying on Galaxy to work around Scheme DRM, instead of losing the DRM entirely from the get-go.

As I have commented a couple times already, this Deus Ex example shows the importance of testing the completely offline NON-Galaxy installers.
Post edited May 05, 2020 by rjbuffchix
rjbuffchix: I can't speak for others but for me t's not so much worry they were changing their business model for this specific piece of media, but rather that they would loosen their standards (even more) going forward. I know you have said in other topics that you come here for the offline installers too. Well, in the case of Deus Ex DLC, my understanding from reading the forums is that GOG used a "trick" to get the game to look for Galaxy connected, instead of Scheme being connected as was the case in the build given. Offline installers as far as I can tell were not at all part of this original thought process since we originally heard nothing about them.
I made a thread recently about concerns over emulating clients for DRM free installers possibly creating compatibility issues on future machines. So I know what you're saying.

Unfortunately PC gaming is so focused on clients nowadays, I'm not sure what can be done about it. I guess GOG could put considerable effort into rewriting aspects of the game, but I doubt that is feasible at the prices and profit margins of these titles. It's like the multiplayer thing, they could technically work with developers to make DRM free multiplayer, but there's little money in it to justify the time and expense.

I'm not sure there is an easy answer, but GOG offering DRM free offline installers is still the best option we've got.
StingingVelvet: I made a thread recently about concerns over emulating clients for DRM free installers possibly creating compatibility issues on future machines. So I know what you're saying.

Unfortunately PC gaming is so focused on clients nowadays, I'm not sure what can be done about it. I guess GOG could put considerable effort into rewriting aspects of the game, but I doubt that is feasible at the prices and profit margins of these titles. It's like the multiplayer thing, they could technically work with developers to make DRM free multiplayer, but there's little money in it to justify the time and expense.

I'm not sure there is an easy answer, but GOG offering DRM free offline installers is still the best option we've got.
Good points. I know other posters have additionally pointed out the lack of "clean builds" these days which certainly makes things more complex though imo not impossible.

I ultimately think it is most important for GOG's brand to focus on providing big releases with DRM-free installers, along with whatever old games they can too (many of which I would also categorize as "big releases" by my personal standard). The DRM-free offline installers for all games are GOG's unique selling point but the big releases being DRM-free are what drew me here specifically; if it was exclusively small modern indie games without the "AA" and "AAA" scale games I wouldn't be here.

As for the potential solution to multiplayer DRM, well, most people don't like it: at the very minimum remove all games from the store that don't have at least one mode of DRM-free multiplayer (such as unrestricted LAN, splitscreen, hotseat, direct connect, play by email). Really, no multiplayer DRM should be acceptable and yes I realize the accepted games with it pre-date the Galaxy requirements. GWENT has to go, too. And though what I propose may not be popular, it would at least be consistent with the DRM-free brand.

The more we can keep focusing on offline installers and reminding GOG what the offline installers, as well as the store itself, mean to us, hopefully the more chance there is to give a little more TLC to them.
Post edited May 05, 2020 by rjbuffchix