It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A Dungeon of Love for Valentine’s Day from GOG.com and EA!

Today of all days, a good part of the world celebrates love in all shapes, sizes, and flavors. For us at GOG.com, there is no greater love than the love of classic PC games. We love them, you love them, and you know what? We love you as well! So we decided to celebrate Valentine’s Day by partnering up with our friends at Electronic Arts to offer you an exclusive Dungeon Keeper promotion:

For the next 48 hours Dungeon Keeper Gold (complete with the Deeper Dungeons expansion) can be added to your GOG.com account for free! If you already own it on GOG.com, you can still get one extra gift-code for the game and present it to your significant other gamer, or a friend.

http://www.gog.com/upload/images/2014/02/13d030d0e8798595a2adae2f8033c6689f1550a9.jpg

Spend time quality time protecting your Dungeon Heart from invaders and experience this classic series first hand. Further, the excellent sequel, Dungeon Keeper 2, is available for only $1.49 as a part of our special Valentine's Day promo. The offer lasts until Sunday, February 16, at 10:59AM GMT.

Would you rather storm and loot dungeons rather than protect them? Our special Destination: Dungeons & Dragons promo has you covered with a great collection of RPG classics up to 80% off!
Post edited February 14, 2014 by Chamb
I thought I already owned Pixeljunk Monsters HD...weird. I own it now!
Thanks GOG! DK1 isn't a game I'm going to want to play, but thanks nontheless. :)

Is there anyway I can gift it?
tfishell: Thank you so much!

I would like to see a new always-free title released soon, either freeware or abandonware.
Ditto
Free copies of a BAD OMEN.

Dungeon Keeper 1 would be pulling off? perhaps?
zongkranich: Free copies of a BAD OMEN.

Dungeon Keeper 1 would be pulling off? perhaps?
Haven't heard anything about that. EA put out a version of the Dungeon Keeper game, only they put it on mobile and turned something a lot of people like into a soulless, money-grubbing Facebook-type piece of crap. Big surprise, a LOT of people hate it since it's kinda like EA took a buddy, hollowed out their organs, filled the cavity with plague rats, then bitched at you to pay them to play with the squeaking, writhing, pustulent corpse. GOG's taking advantage since everyone and their dog's been saying already that if you want a REAL Dungeon Keeper game to come here for them.
It's damage control by EA due to the bad press of Dungeon Keeper Mobile. They are just hoping that it gets swept under the rug and forgotten. Problem is that it's more bad press for EA, and they could do without more. EA definitely has an uphill battle with this as well as the changes made to pvz2.
EnforcerSunWoo: It's damage control by EA due to the bad press of Dungeon Keeper Mobile. They are just hoping that it gets swept under the rug and forgotten. Problem is that it's more bad press for EA, and they could do without more. EA definitely has an uphill battle with this as well as the changes made to pvz2.
I wouldn't be surprised, knowing EA and the way they do business. (and have in the past)
DrakoPensulo: I think this is not a bug. They made it this way so that people do not get free gift codes for DK. I suppose that they were unable to do in in an other way.
mkell_226: Ahh, to funnel everyone through the front page. I hadn't thought of that; you could be right.
Yup. They're testing a new system for giving out free games to manage that too.
Great promo GOG ! Thank you !

Happy Valentine's Day everyone !
YellowAries: You can access the Dungeon Keeper game info page...? I highly doubt that... because it isn't there... it gives a 404 Error.
rha: I can still access it, too, but only via https. If I go to my game shelf and enter "Dungeon Keeper" in the search box and select it from the list, I get to the game page.
Negative.
Odd - I clicked the link ~ 3 hours after the free game went up. 10 hours later, still no e-mail and the "Dungeon Keeper Free" link is once again clickable on the front page. I clicked it again and will see if the e-mail arrives this time :/
Just had to give my $0.02 worth and say Thank You! GOG for the great promos, sales, and even this freebie! Already had the game me-self, so just picked up a copy for a future gift.

Keep up the good work GOG. If it were possible, I would ask YOU to be my valentine, since you get me so well... <3
Since all GoG games are DRM-free, I highly doubt EA has anything to do with this decision. I think GoG just decided to take the opportunity and help out people who have been unsatisfied with the mobile version and get a little something from Dungeon Keeper 2. Had this actually been damage control, EA would have posted something on their website hotlinking to GoG.com
salsatheone: Since all GoG games are DRM-free, I highly doubt EA has anything to do with this decision. I think GoG just decided to take the opportunity and help out people who have been unsatisfied with the mobile version and get a little something from Dungeon Keeper 2. Had this actually been damage control, EA would have posted something on their website hotlinking to GoG.com
All sales and promos need approve from their publishers, so yes EA has to do with this. PR damage control try.
Post edited February 14, 2014 by tokisto
Wow, thanks GOG :)
Was hoping to get DK at some point, but budget failed to allow so far - this giveaway is awesome :)