It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A Dungeon of Love for Valentine’s Day from GOG.com and EA!

Today of all days, a good part of the world celebrates love in all shapes, sizes, and flavors. For us at GOG.com, there is no greater love than the love of classic PC games. We love them, you love them, and you know what? We love you as well! So we decided to celebrate Valentine’s Day by partnering up with our friends at Electronic Arts to offer you an exclusive Dungeon Keeper promotion:

For the next 48 hours Dungeon Keeper Gold (complete with the Deeper Dungeons expansion) can be added to your GOG.com account for free! If you already own it on GOG.com, you can still get one extra gift-code for the game and present it to your significant other gamer, or a friend.

http://www.gog.com/upload/images/2014/02/13d030d0e8798595a2adae2f8033c6689f1550a9.jpg

Spend time quality time protecting your Dungeon Heart from invaders and experience this classic series first hand. Further, the excellent sequel, Dungeon Keeper 2, is available for only $1.49 as a part of our special Valentine's Day promo. The offer lasts until Sunday, February 16, at 10:59AM GMT.

Would you rather storm and loot dungeons rather than protect them? Our special Destination: Dungeons & Dragons promo has you covered with a great collection of RPG classics up to 80% off!
Post edited February 14, 2014 by Chamb
ALH: Thx for the update and once again thx to GOG for the free game!Still no email or DK on the shelf but GOG will handle it eventually, i'm sure.
TheEnigmaticT: The lag, right now, is running at 1 hour + from when you get into the queue. Patience. ;)
I experienced the same problem, also. So this explains the delay. Hope to get it after 1 hour and so.
Post edited February 14, 2014 by iprigg
Before I go rooting around the forum, are there any reliable high res patches for the original BG like there are for BG 2?
I wasn't going to get it but now I'm thinking if I could get it a little more crisp looking (even just a little) it might be nice, especially since I gave my disc away six years ago.
EA saying sorry for Dungeon Keeper Mobile?
It's something at least.
tinyE: Before I go rooting around the forum, are there any reliable high res patches for the original BG like there are for BG 2?
If you have both BG and BG2, you can play BG in BG2 engine. So any high res patches for BG2 will work. Tell me if you want me to dig up the mod spotlight detailing the installation.
I love you too GOG. n.n
TheEnigmaticT: On the front page of GOG.com, click on the button that says "Get it now!"

Wait. We'll email you when our severs are a little less busy melting down than they are now. :)
iippo: Me and my little brother havent received any emails yet (about 1.5h ago maybe?)...but great game for free, so no reason to complain. I can wait :)

Anyways, you should consider trying to have huge freebie like this more often and then capture and sell all the excess heat from melting servers -> €€€. I wouldnt mind buying electricity generated by GOG servers :D
We have half of the internet camped out on our front page at the moment. Delay has gotten a good bit longer. That said, there's an easy way to check if you're in the queue. If you go to the front page and you still see the "Get it now!" button, you're not in the queue. If you don't see the button, you're good to go.
tinyE: Before I go rooting around the forum, are there any reliable high res patches for the original BG like there are for BG 2?
JMich: If you have both BG and BG2, you can play BG in BG2 engine. So any high res patches for BG2 will work. Tell me if you want me to dig up the mod spotlight detailing the installation.
I believe you're looking for: http://www.gog.com/news/enhance_the_gameplay_in_your_edition_of_baldurs_gate_from_gogcom
Post edited February 14, 2014 by TheEnigmaticT
TheEnigmaticT: We have half of the internet camped out on our front page at the moment.
Are there enough marshmallows for all of them? Can we light a big enough bonfire? Should we bring a few extra imps to help with the digging?
Not yet looking, but yes, that was the thread I was talking about.
Post edited February 14, 2014 by JMich
Do'h, thought it was dungeon keeper 2 I had. but its dungeon keeper 1.

I hate it when i click first check later.
Well played GOG. Well played indeed.

Hopped into the queue, and I'll just patiently wait till I can get it. :)

BJ
JMich: If you have both BG and BG2, you can play BG in BG2 engine. So any high res patches for BG2 will work. Tell me if you want me to dig up the mod spotlight detailing the installation.
I have 2 files currently in my "Patch Folder" under BG 2 called "bg2fixpack-v10" and "widescreen-v3%2e05".

I think I used one of them for Arcanum and it worked.

OOOPS I just realized I put this in the wrong thread! :P I saw Dungeon and went for it.
I'm a dork! BTW It was Planescape I used that file on.
Post edited February 14, 2014 by tinyE
TheEnigmaticT: We have half of the internet camped out on our front page at the moment.
JMich: Are there enough marshmallows for all of them? Can we light a big enough bonfire? Should we bring a few extra imps to help with the digging?
I think the servers will keep us all warm enough as they slowly melt. :)
While I'm still waiting for the mail to come with the free game, t Iknow I can trust you with this! Thanks GOG, and happy Valentine's day!!
It doesn't work! I can't get it! I cannot take this torment!
GoG, this queuing system for the free game is completely unacceptable!

WHAR IS GOGBEAR?
I did get the game, on the main page i read "enjoy your game". But it doesnt appear on my games list, I'll wait some more did this 30min ago