It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lifthrasil: Thank you!

Can someone check, whether Galaxy or an internet connection is required for using these referral codes?

In any case I just saw that the game page states that Galaxy is required for co-op. So on the multplayer DRM list it goes.
russellskanne: I tried the game offline without galaxy and I see no option whatsoever to input those codes. Apparently you can (or could?) open the console with Delete key but it's not working for me. Maybe you have to be online or in coop mode or sth.
Thank you. Now, for the classification in the list, what does one get for these codes? Some cosmetics? Or more significant game content?
russellskanne: I tried the game offline without galaxy and I see no option whatsoever to input those codes. Apparently you can (or could?) open the console with Delete key but it's not working for me. Maybe you have to be online or in coop mode or sth.
Lifthrasil: Thank you. Now, for the classification in the list, what does one get for these codes? Some cosmetics? Or more significant game content?
From what I recall, the items granted by the codes are unique pieces of starting gear, such as weapons and activatable items. Definitely not just cosmetic stuff.
Lifthrasil: Thank you. Now, for the classification in the list, what does one get for these codes? Some cosmetics? Or more significant game content?
TheEndedSkull: From what I recall, the items granted by the codes are unique pieces of starting gear, such as weapons and activatable items. Definitely not just cosmetic stuff.
Thanks!
high rated
Hello,

Following the last patch of Northgard (2.4.15.20613), the Solo mode is not valid without gog galaxy.

I have asked the developers and am waiting for an answer.

the campaign mode remains unchanged.

J-Marc
DJM.553: Hello,

Following the last patch of Northgard (2.4.15.20613), the Solo mode is not valid without gog galaxy.

I have asked the developers and am waiting for an answer.

the campaign mode remains unchanged.

J-Marc
Ouch! That is bad for the Solo mode to depend on Galaxy. Let's hope that this is just a bug/oversight and not intentional DRM! Please keep me updated what the devs say. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt before putting the game on the list.
I also hope this is a mistake.
I still have a doubt.
I'll let you know if I get an answer.
low rated
DJM.553: I also hope this is a mistake.
I still have a doubt.
Updates? Could you also provide a video? I feel it would be interesting and helpful.
Post edited March 25, 2021 by kohlrak
high rated
I got this response from misguided GOG support ("Ponczo") regarding this thread. GOG's apparently content with any cosmetic DRM. The fuckers.
All games available on GOG have offline installers available. We stay in touch with the partners and do our best to keep them up to date. However, video games continue to evolve with many titles offering online modes, cosmetics, and incentives for completing certain actions by players. This might be subjective, but as long as these additional features and rewards do not affect the single-player offline experience in a major way, we believe that the developers and publishers should be free to design and sell their games in a way they choose.
Post edited March 25, 2021 by mqstout
high rated
mqstout: I got this response from misguided GOG support ("Ponczo") regarding this thread. GOG's apparently content with any cosmetic DRM. The fuckers.

All games available on GOG have offline installers available. We stay in touch with the partners and do our best to keep them up to date. However, video games continue to evolve with many titles offering online modes, cosmetics, and incentives for completing certain actions by players. This might be subjective, but as long as these additional features and rewards do not affect the single-player offline experience in a major way, we believe that the developers and publishers should be free to design and sell their games in a way they choose.
mqstout:
"developers and publishers should be free to design and sell their games in a way they choose." is a very, very long way from 'fighting the good fight against DRM', which GOG pretended to do in the past. But at least Ponczo gave you an accidentally honest insight into the current guidelines of GOG. The reply fits GOG's recent behavior and inaction concerning DRM. A long time ago they used to enforce the removal of DRM from all games. Now the principle is to let devs and publishers do whatever they like, as long as the DRM doesn't affect the base game in 'a major way(TM)'. Whatever that may mean.
DJM.553: I also hope this is a mistake.
I still have a doubt.
Since several players confirmed that the solo mode now depends on Galaxy and there is no reply from the dev, I've put Northgard on the list. As far as I see it, this is the worst case of DRM yet. Even worse than Nex Machina, where some levels are locked behind a Galaxy requirement. Now, in Northgard, it's the entire solo mode.
Post edited March 25, 2021 by Lifthrasil
mqstout: I got this response from misguided GOG support ("Ponczo") regarding this thread. GOG's apparently content with any cosmetic DRM. The fuckers.
Lifthrasil: "developers and publishers should be free to design and sell their games in a way they choose." is a very, very long way from 'fighting the good fight against DRM', which GOG pretended to do in the past. But at least Ponczo gave you an accidentally honest insight into the current guidelines of GOG. The reply fits GOG's recent behavior and inaction concerning DRM. A long time ago they used to enforce the removal of DRM from all games. Now the principle is to let devs and publishers do whatever they like, as long as the DRM doesn't affect the base game in 'a major way(TM)'. Whatever that may mean.
I totally agree. This is an extremely weak response and not anywhere close to the level of conviction I would like to see from a store that advertises itself as 'DRM-free'. Basically, giving a free pass to developers to do whatever the hell they want, because heaven forbid that GOG should have to lift a finger to enforce their supposed principles.

The future for GOG doesn't look good.
low rated
Lifthrasil: As far as I see it, this is the worst case of DRM yet. Even worse than Nex Machina, where some levels are locked behind a Galaxy requirement. Now, in Northgard, it's the entire solo mode.
I'm not sure if it's quite up there with GWENT (being an online-only game with microtransactions, made by CDPR themselves), but yes, there is no question it is DRM by any definition.

So, hang on ... if the SP mode for Northgard requires Galaxy, is there even an offline installer for it?
Post edited March 25, 2021 by Time4Tea
low rated
Lifthrasil: As far as I see it, this is the worst case of DRM yet. Even worse than Nex Machina, where some levels are locked behind a Galaxy requirement. Now, in Northgard, it's the entire solo mode.
There are no levels locked in Nex Machina that requires Galaxy or being online, there are six worlds and all of them are available offline, the only "locked" world requires you to finished the game in a higher difficulty level (don't remember how it is called) but nothing to do with uploading your high score or anything.

For Northguard, looking at the Steam forum it seems that the Gog version is not the only one broken by the latest update.
Post edited March 25, 2021 by Gersen
Gersen: There are no levels locked in Nex Machina that requires Galaxy or being online, there are six worlds and all of them are available offline, the only "locked" world requires you to finished the game in a higher difficulty level (don't remember how it is called) but nothing to do with uploading your high score or anything.

For Northguard, looking at the Steam forum it seems that the Gog version is not the only one broken by the latest update.
What is the current problem with Northgard?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the answer a couple of comments above! Thanks anyway!
Post edited March 25, 2021 by KetobaK
low rated
KetobaK: What is the current problem with Northgard?
On Gog apparently the latest update broke some solo mode that use to be playable offline. On Steam there seems to be several issues with the conquest mode, which is the online / challenge mode.
KetobaK: What is the current problem with Northgard?
Gersen: On Gog apparently the latest update broke some solo mode that use to be playable offline. On Steam there seems to be several issues with the conquest mode, which is the online / challenge mode.
Hope they fix it soon, the game looks really interesting!