It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lifthrasil: Closing a ticket as 'solved' with a 'none of our business' remark is a statement, that they won't do anything about the problem. The tickets concerning DRM in NMS weren't marked as 'escalated' or as 'in progress'. They were 'solved' and GOG's solution was to do nothing.
B1tF1ghter: Since GOG ADVERTISES itself as 100% DRM-free STORE-WIDE such closure of ticket could be seen as anti-consumer practise and would fall under some consumer protection laws.
I don't think they mention the percent part from what I see.
B1tF1ghter: Since GOG ADVERTISES itself as 100% DRM-free STORE-WIDE such closure of ticket could be seen as anti-consumer practise and would fall under some consumer protection laws.
Truth007: I don't think they mention the percent part from what I see.
Not anymore. They used to, but they changed it. Probably precisely for that reason.
low rated
Lifthrasil: Not anymore. They used to, but they changed it. Probably precisely for that reason.
Right. But law and TOS doesn't work backwards. Current changed TOS and / or advertising doesn't apply to purchases from before changes.
So if NMS was live with this online-required content when GOG still advertised itself as 100% DRM-free then GOG should be held legally responsible for carrying out false advertising.
Lifthrasil: Not anymore. They used to, but they changed it. Probably precisely for that reason.
Interesting, it was done in a stealth way so people can't notice lol.
Didn’t they change that after Victor Vran’s gog.com exclusive “drm-free” online-only one-time-use treasure key?

It’s been awhile, so I don’t remember the specifics. Didn’t that game have a few online keys that couldn’t be used in single player mode?

Edit:
Looked it up.
This was the talk about the online key:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_victor_vran_92633/post53

I guess they made it offline:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/victor_vran_developer_qa_b9a24/post35

Edit 2:
The 100% drm-free to just drm-free change?
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_victor_vran_92633/post753
Post edited February 08, 2021 by rlansing
I hadn't realized this either. It seems to be another sign of GOG's tacit, creeping acceptance of DRM.

The thing is, the really dumb thing it seems to me is this: how much is the revenue from a small handful of games out of literally thousands in GOG's catalogue worth, compared to the value of their reputation and the credibility of their DRM-free promise? The corps seem to simply not understand the value of the latter.

The smartest corporations (if any can be said to be smart) are the ones that understand the value of the intangibles that don't appear on their balance sheet.
Post edited February 08, 2021 by Time4Tea
high rated
Tracking it back, seems like the change happened on Jan 14 or 15 2015.

Jan 14, 2015 @ 13:55
Jan 15, 2015 @ 12:29
(And if you'll say that's a French capture and that's why it may be different, Jan 15, 2015 @ 14:21
Cavalary: Tracking it back, seems like the change happened on Jan 14 or 15 2015.

(And if you'll say that's a French capture and that's why it may be different, Jan 15, 2015 @ 14:21
yea that makes sense, it lines up right before galaxy.
Cavalary: Tracking it back, seems like the change happened on Jan 14 or 15 2015.

Nice.

Considering that that "100% DRM-free" gray box was likely added to the front page on the first day of the Grayvolution (27 August 2014), it was there for less than 5 months. But perhaps it was to be found elsewhere on the website before that.
To be fair I don't think we should read too much into this "100%" removal, chances are that it was removed only due to design choices, not to prepare the later addition of games like Gwent ;)

mrkgnao: Nice.

Considering that that "100% DRM-free" gray box was likely added to the front page on the first day of the Grayvolution (27 August 2014), it was there for less than 5 months. But perhaps it was to be found elsewhere on the website before that.
What is Grayvolution?
mrkgnao: Nice.

Truth007: What is Grayvolution?
The Grayvolution (portmanteau word of "gray" and "revolution") was the short-lived nickname for GOG's long-lived website redesign in 2014, where they discarded much of the colour on the website and made it predominantly gray (alongside other changes, such as regional pricing, IIRC).
Post edited February 10, 2021 by mrkgnao
Something whose name must not be spoken lightly, lest we all drown again in a sea of gray.
Post edited February 10, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
mrkgnao: The Grayvolution (portmanteau word of "gray" and "revolution") was the short-lived nickname for GOG's long-lived website redesign in 2014, where they discarded much of the colour on the website and made it predominantly gray (alongside other changes, such as regional pricing, IIRC).
It woud be interesting to know if the choice of grey has to do something with resources or if its only a poor design choice
we cant even chose what collor or style we wish to have
Does colour on websites draw resources more than white and grey?
mrkgnao: The Grayvolution (portmanteau word of "gray" and "revolution") was the short-lived nickname for GOG's long-lived website redesign in 2014, where they discarded much of the colour on the website and made it predominantly gray (alongside other changes, such as regional pricing, IIRC).
Lodium: It woud be interesting to know if the choice of grey has to do something with resources or if its only a poor design choice
we cant even chose what collor or style we wish to have
If you happen to use Firefox AND if you know fundamental basics of CSS / PHP / HTML5 then you can make your own skin in Stylus as I don't think there are any preexisting ones for GOG.

IMO these shades of grey look awful, the contrast is awful, and it's awfully hard to read sometimes when time is valued.

Lodium: Does colour on websites draw resources more than white and grey?
If you mean server load, then NO, there is literally no difference.