It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

neumi5694: If you start the game through Galaxy, you can't use the same savegames as if you start the games through a Windows link to the .exe
I just tried, started the game from Galaxy, I have my saves.

Quit, stopped Galaxy, go to the game folder and launch it using the medium.exe, and I have all my save too.
neumi5694: If you start the game through Galaxy, you can't use the same savegames as if you start the games through a Windows link to the .exe
Gersen: I just tried, started the game from Galaxy, I have my saves.

Quit, stopped Galaxy, go to the game folder and launch it using the medium.exe, and I have all my save too.
Well, I didn't. I won't reinstall the game just to see why (where each savegames are located). But if it works for you, it's fine by me.
neumi5694: Well, I didn't. I won't reinstall the game just to see why (where each savegames are located). But if it works for you, it's fine by me.
I didn't try installing from the offline installers though, but I don't think it should change something.
amok: and for the majority of gOg users it will be:

1. Denial - "Meh."

2. Anger - "Meh."

3. Bargaining - "Meh."

4. Depression - "Meh."

5. Acceptance -"Meh."
As in, total apathy regarding DRM? You're probably not wrong. Unfortunately, that attitude is going to lead to GOG trying to compete on price/features with Steam, Epic, etc. We'll have to see how that works out ...
amok: and for the majority of gOg users it will be:

1. Denial - "Meh."

2. Anger - "Meh."

3. Bargaining - "Meh."

4. Depression - "Meh."

5. Acceptance -"Meh."
Well, for this GOG user they're currently on probation. If the DRM-free mentality, even with its current compromises, is further degraded, it's gonna be "Take my money elsewhere" - "Meh" from my end (only without the "Meh") :P.
Post edited February 08, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
neumi5694: Not sure if this can be called DRM, but ...
Medium:

If you start the game through Galaxy, you can't use the same savegames as if you start the games through a Windows link to the .exe

I didn't want to try out if this is one of the games where offline achievments work, so I stuck to the Galaxy version.
I hope I understood your issue correctly.
I normally start all my games with the windows .exe. I own the medium and fired the galaxy launcher up extra to test this. Both the .exe and the galaxy launcher use the same game save file for me. I dont know if offline achievments work with the medium, all achievments got loaded in the galaxy launcher.
Lifthrasil:  
No Man's Sky - quests and a ship: the quicksilver shop requires you to register online. Without that, you won't be able to do the quickilver questline and you won't get the void ship. GOG has officially stated that they aren't willing to do anything about it. Tickets concerning this issue have been marked as 'solved' after a non-commital 'We can't comment on this issue' message.
According to This Post, you can now get the void egg offline. So maybe this game has redeemed itself.
Lifthrasil:  
No Man's Sky - quests and a ship: the quicksilver shop requires you to register online. Without that, you won't be able to do the quickilver questline and you won't get the void ship. GOG has officially stated that they aren't willing to do anything about it. Tickets concerning this issue have been marked as 'solved' after a non-commital 'We can't comment on this issue' message.
TerriblePurpose: According to This Post, you can now get the void egg offline. So maybe this game has redeemed itself.
Thank you for the update. I'll wait for confirmation and then remove NMS. If it is true, great that Hello Games removed the DRM. ... But the silence of GOG on this thing is still a really sad demonstration of how little they care by now.
Lifthrasil: But the silence of GOG on this thing is still a really sad demonstration of how little they care by now.
I don't think they ever acknowledged it was a problem or that they had any involvement other than to pass our feedback onto Hello Games, so...
Lifthrasil: Thank you for the update. I'll wait for confirmation and then remove NMS. If it is true, great that Hello Games removed the DRM. ... But the silence of GOG on this thing is still a really sad demonstration of how little they care by now.
Yeah, it's sortf of "good news/bad news" situation. Good: it's gone. Bad: no thanks to GOG.
Post edited February 08, 2021 by Breja
Lifthrasil: But the silence of GOG on this thing is still a really sad demonstration of how little they care by now.
WinterSnowfall: I don't think they ever acknowledged it was a problem or that they had any involvement other than to pass our feedback onto Hello Games, so...
That's exactly what I mean. GOG stated that they won't take any action to force devs to keep their games DRM-free. It is all up to the devs/publishers.
Lifthrasil: GOG stated that they won't take any action to force devs to keep their games DRM-free. It is all up to the devs/publishers.
Except they never said that, you are making things up, a couple of ticket being closed is not equal to a "official statement". Also every-time a game had a real DRM, as in unable to start while being offline, story DLC unavailable, etc... Gog said they were working with the devs to have it corrected and it was patched some time later. (e.g. Escapist Walking Dead, Deus Ex, etc...).
Lifthrasil: GOG stated that they won't take any action to force devs to keep their games DRM-free. It is all up to the devs/publishers.
Gersen: Except they never said that, you are making things up, a couple of ticket being closed is not equal to a "official statement".
It may not be an official statement as in a 'Good News (TM)' announcement and if you read carefully, you will see that I didn't use the word 'official'. GOG would be stupid to state something like that officially. But their actions are a statement nonetheless. Closing a ticket as 'solved' with a 'none of our business' remark is a statement, that they won't do anything about the problem. The tickets concerning DRM in NMS weren't marked as 'escalated' or as 'in progress'. They were 'solved' and GOG's solution was to do nothing.

Maybe they informed Hello Games that some of their users wanted the DRM gone. Who knows. They never answered to questions about their communication with Hello Games and the status of the problem. So, with complete silence from GOG, the only thing that speaks for them is their (in)action. Which is, at the latest after the release of CP, quite a clear language.
Gersen: Except they never said that, you are making things up, a couple of ticket being closed is not equal to a "official statement". Also every-time a game had a real DRM, as in unable to start while being offline, story DLC unavailable, etc... Gog said they were working with the devs to have it corrected and it was patched some time later. (e.g. Escapist Walking Dead, Deus Ex, etc...).
It shouldn't have to be patched later, that implies they were ok at some point if it had drm. There are still several games with drm requiring galaxy or 3rd party account for multiplayer or even straight up like Gwent.
Lifthrasil: Closing a ticket as 'solved' with a 'none of our business' remark is a statement, that they won't do anything about the problem. The tickets concerning DRM in NMS weren't marked as 'escalated' or as 'in progress'. They were 'solved' and GOG's solution was to do nothing.
Since GOG ADVERTISES itself as 100% DRM-free STORE-WIDE such closure of ticket could be seen as anti-consumer practise and would fall under some consumer protection laws.