It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

KetobaK: Good news, you can remove Wasteland 3 from the list, InExile along GOG Support Staff have solved the problem and now all the content of the Pre Order Bonus is fully accesible offline!!! They removed all the DRM!!!!
That is really good news!

Now, Cyberpunk please! Hear me GOG and CDPR?
Gersen: Wasn't it something that has been fixed since, there was issues with some Eidos games at some point, I would need to test.
Breja: I'm playing it right now, and I've had no issues so far (I'm in what I guess could be called the second chapter).
Thanks a lot for your tests, guys. For once, good news.
low rated
So .... here we go again... not having certain cosmetics in game when offline is DRM now?
Okay, certainly ppl still don t understand that DRMed games mean, you don t own it and it
doesn t WORK at all if the copyprotection is not in place. (Nowadays launcher/ Denuvo always online)
Back in the days Tages/ Securom and so on...

So yeah you don t have all that shiny stuff in the game but the game works offline and
standalone without a launcher ... sorry lads n lasses that is in fact DRM free.

MP games list....
WOW... really now? You complain to be online / galaxy is needed for playing with your
buddios ONLINE? Respect... welcome to my complains then that games don t have
peer to peer hosting (for the most part) and LAN MP modes anymore.

But... yes i think GoG pushes the use of Galaxy / registration on GoG Store with
the goodies you get.

Nuff said.... i am in a foul mood this week, since NOW i know which way CDPR is going.
Not becaus i have proof, because 30 years of being a pc video game player i have
withnessed this already several times.
high rated
GHOSTMD: So .... here we go again... not having certain cosmetics in game when offline is DRM now?
Having a cold is not nearly as bad as having COVID, but both mean you are sick. DRM is DRM, even if it pertains only to some non-vital content. Games on GOG are supposed to be 100% DRM free, not 95% or even 99%. And with every bit of DRM that's allowed by GOG and excused by users like you, that threshold falls, and falls...
Post edited February 08, 2021 by Breja
GHOSTMD: So .... here we go again... not having certain cosmetics in game when offline is DRM now?
Breja: Having a cold is not nearly as bad as having COVID, but both mean you are sick. DRM is DRM, even if it pertains only to some non-vital content. Games on GOG are supposed to be 100% DRM free, not 95% or even 99%. And with every bit of DRM that's allowed by GOG and excused by users like you, that threshold falls, and falls...
Hasn't it been much longer since gog was 100% drm free? it started with galaxy in 2015 when some games had galaxy required for multiplayer or a 3rd party account required.
high rated
“Cosmetics do not count for DRM!”
“Multiplayer does not count for DRM!”
“Extra content does not count for DRM!”
“Game progress does not count for DRM!”
“A mandatory downloader does not count for DRM!”

Of course, all the more fun if it is followed by the ritual: “You do not know what DRM means!”

For some reason, it reminds me of those Gwent defenders, telling us Gwent does not count as a DRM-gated game because you can buy another game in the same universe that is DRM-free…
Yes, it's funny to see the contortions the GOG fanboys are willing to twist themselves into to convince themselves that GOG is still 'DRM-free'. The five stages of grief:

1. Denial - "No! It's not DRM! Pfft ... cosmetic bonus don't affect the game and aren't DRM, don't be silly."

2. Anger - "Screw you, GOG! How can you do this to us, your loyal supporters? After all these years we've supported you - what's wrong with you people?"

3. Bargaining - "Well, they have a business to run and shareholders to please ... maybe we can reach an amicable compromise? If we let it slide this time, maybe we can reach some sort of stable middle ground that will please everyone?"

4. Depression - "Yeah, it probably is DRM, but what's the point of complaining? It's not like we're going to be able to change anything anyway ... what's the point?"

5. Acceptance - "Yes, this is DRM, no mistake. This isn't right and I'm going to do something about it!"
Post edited February 08, 2021 by Time4Tea
high rated
Time4Tea: Yes, it's funny to see the contortions the GOG fanboys are willing to twist themselves into to convince themselves that GOG is still 'DRM-free'. The five stages of grief:

1. Denial - "No! It's not DRM! Pfft ... cosmetic bonus don't affect the game and aren't DRM, don't be silly."

2. Anger - "Screw you, GOG! How can you do this to us, your loyal supporters? After all these years we've supported you - what's wrong with you people?"

3. Bargaining - "Well, they have a business to run and shareholders to please ... maybe we can reach an amicable compromise? If we let it slide this time, maybe we can reach some sort of stable middle ground that will please everyone?"

4. Depression - "Yeah, it probably is DRM, but what's the point of complaining? It's not like we're going to be able to change anything anyway ... what's the point?"

5. Acceptance - "Yes, this is DRM, no mistake. This isn't right and I'm going to do something about it!"
I'm afraid you've got it wrong. For most people it's actually

2. Anger - "Screw you, haters! How can you do this to GOG, the store we owe our undying loyalty to? What's wrong with you people?"

and

5. Acceptance - "Yes, this is DRM, no mistake. Ah, well, as long as there are achievements, maybe it's for the better."
high rated
Time4Tea: 5. Acceptance - "Yes, this is DRM, no mistake. This isn't right and I'm going to do something about it!"
Sadly, for many acceptance really is just that, leading to that "nothing we can do but learn to live with it" attitude that's just why it happens...
Breja: I'm afraid you've got it wrong. For most people it's actually

2. Anger - "Screw you, haters! How can you do this to GOG, the store we owe our undying loyalty to? What's wrong with you people?"

and

5. Acceptance - "Yes, this is DRM, no mistake. Ah, well, as long as there are achievements, maybe it's for the better."
He he. Yeah, I guess I was being a bit more optimistic at the final outcome ...
Breja: I'm afraid you've got it wrong. For most people it's actually

and

Time4Tea: He he. Yeah, I guess I was being a bit more optimistic at the final outcome ...
Yes, unfortunately Breja's steps are more realistic. :-(
high rated

So yeah you don t have all that shiny stuff in the game but the game works offline and standalone without a launcher ... sorry lads n lasses that is in fact DRM free.
When there are games here like QUBE2 that come with "Unimportant, completely optional only cosmetic skin that you can finish the game without it (tm)" content included as a small 2MB sized offline installer, or games like Bioshock Infinite or Deus Ex:HR with former pre-order content included in the base installer, then there's zero excuse for all games not doing the same (and the "reasons" for "needing" to force an "optional" client to access that content are completely fake). The rest is background noise.
Post edited February 08, 2021 by AB2012
low rated
Time4Tea: Yes, it's funny to see the contortions the GOG fanboys are willing to twist themselves into to convince themselves that GOG is still 'DRM-free'. The five stages of grief:

and for the majority of gOg users it will be:

1. Denial - "Meh."

2. Anger - "Meh."

3. Bargaining - "Meh."

4. Depression - "Meh."

5. Acceptance -"Meh."
Post edited February 08, 2021 by amok
Breja: 5. Acceptance - "Yes, this is DRM, no mistake. Ah, well, as long as there are achievements, maybe it's for the better."
Then there are games with achievements in-game. Must be some sort of dark or occult magic! Only sinners and those in cahoots with Lucifuge could wish for that ... No, no, no! Believe in clients and websites, don't commit a sin! It is the only way forward, the future, salvation. ;-)
Not sure if this can be called DRM, but ...
Medium:

If you start the game through Galaxy, you can't use the same savegames as if you start the games through a Windows link to the .exe

I didn't want to try out if this is one of the games where offline achievments work, so I stuck to the Galaxy version.