It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

rtcvb32: Hmmm could i draw one and get an answer even if i don't know the name of the game?
Exoanthrope: I don't foresee me drawing in the immediate future, so it's all yours.
Well it's almost more i'm trying to find the game than playing the guessing game. But i'm horrible at drawing.
rtcvb32: Well it's almost more i'm trying to find the game than playing the guessing game. But i'm horrible at drawing.
Oh, I see. Well, you could give it a try, and if we can't figure it out after a while we'll let someone else draw.
Alright so first off I don't know the name of the game. I played it on the Atari. And it's not an obscene game, the details sorta go it's two players and each player tries to block shots coming in while trying to shoot his own. If the shot goes into their barrel their gun locks up and turns into a shield for a short time (5 seconds?) during which they can only block. Also you have a force field in the middle you have to weaken and destroy first. Curiously the force field is rotating so it goes counter clockwise (I think) and when it hits the end it repeats in the opposite direction on the other side.

Behind each of the players is a goal area (sorta) that gets weaker and weaker from every shot, if you run out of energy in that area you lose and your character disintegrates.
Attachments:
Post edited July 05, 2014 by rtcvb32
rtcvb32: Alright so first off I don't know the name of the game. I played it on the Atari. And it's not an obscene game, the details sorta go it's two players and each player tries to block shots coming in while trying to shoot his own. If the shot goes into their barrel their gun locks up and turns into a shield for a short time (5 seconds?) during which they can only block. Also you have a force field in the middle you have to weaken and destroy first. Curiously the force field is rotating so it goes counter clockwise (I think) and when it hits the end it repeats in the opposite direction on the other side.

Behind each of the players is a goal area (sorta) that gets weaker and weaker from every shot, if you run out of energy in that area you lose and your character disintegrates.
Hmm... I haven't found anything yet. If that's an accurate representation of the game, I'm guessing this is an Atari 2600 game?
Exoanthrope: Hmm... I haven't found anything yet. If that's an accurate representation of the game, I'm guessing this is an Atari 2600 game?
If i had just a good list of pictures i could sift through them myself. I'm not sure which atari systems it was on, i know i played on the atari800XL, so it was likely on a disk with 6 other games rather a single on a cartridge. I remember several elements to the game (as i outlined) but the name itself remains a mystery. Course i probably last played it when i was 8...
rtcvb32: If i had just a good list of pictures i could sift through them myself. I'm not sure which atari systems it was on, i know i played on the atari800XL, so it was likely on a disk with 6 other games rather a single on a cartridge. I remember several elements to the game (as i outlined) but the name itself remains a mystery. Course i probably last played it when i was 8...
Well, I have no idea of the legality of posting this, but I played with it for a bit and it seems legit:
Atari 800 - Best Game Pack
Coincidentally this just came out a few days ago and seems to have the majority of Atari 800 games complete with screenshots. It's a huge download, though. Might be good place to start, but I couldn't find any matches.
rtcvb32: Alright so first off I don't know the name of the game. I played it on the Atari. And it's not an obscene game, the details sorta go it's two players and each player tries to block shots coming in while trying to shoot his own. If the shot goes into their barrel their gun locks up and turns into a shield for a short time (5 seconds?) during which they can only block. Also you have a force field in the middle you have to weaken and destroy first. Curiously the force field is rotating so it goes counter clockwise (I think) and when it hits the end it repeats in the opposite direction on the other side.

Why would it be obscene? :D

Hadn´t you mentioned the word obscene in your description I would have totally missed the astronaut up there with his penis hanging mid-knee. :P
LoboBlanco: Why would it be obscene? :D

Hadn´t you mentioned the word obscene in your description I would have totally missed the astronaut up there with his penis hanging mid-knee. :P
It's a gun (I think). you can only put so much into 4-16k of ROM Data.
Exoanthrope: Atari 800 - Best Game Pack
Coincidentally this just came out a few days ago and seems to have the majority of Atari 800 games complete with screenshots.
I've gone through quite a bit of it; Including screenshots, manuals, a catalog with quite a few games... Although only the actual recent screenshots were really useful, i could identify and reminisce over older titles that i remember playing in my youth.

Alas i couldn't find this game specifically yet. However for screenshots likely only 20% of the games are present, and it is possible i missed a couple while looking for specific patterns i'm quite sure i didn't miss it.
Doesn't anyone know this game? It must be quite obscure. :-/
I haven't been able to find anything, I now realise there are far more Atari games than I ever thought possible, but the best resource I could find is Atari Mania. They have screenshots for most games, and can sort by genre, though a large number of games aren't sorted.

Here is the list of Atari 800(assuming that's the correct console) games starting from shmups, where I think it would be. The unsorted games start at page 33.

If we can't find it soon, I think we might have to pass on this one.
Post edited July 11, 2014 by Exoanthrope
Exoanthrope: I haven't been able to find anything, I now realise there are far more Atari games than I ever thought possible, but the best resource I could find is Atari Mania. They have screenshots for most games, and can sort by genre, though a large number of games aren't sorted.

Here is the list of Atari 800(assuming that's the correct console) games starting from shmups, where I think it would be. The unsorted games start at page 33.

If we can't find it soon, I think we might have to pass on this one.
I don't know if it's correct, but the Atari 800 is a computer, not a console.
KrisViking: I don't know if it's correct, but the Atari 800 is a computer, not a console.
Eh, same thing. ;p
New picture, please!
Is this thread dead now? I'll work on a pic today if no one posts before me.