It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

KrisViking: How do you know he's a cuckold?
awalterj: The fact that his wife talk to him like that and yet he still comes home.
That's not a cuckold. A cuckold is a man whos' wife is unfaithful to him.
awalterj: The fact that his wife talk to him like that and yet he still comes home.
KrisViking: That's not a cuckold. A cuckold is a man whos' wife is unfaithful to him.
You are totally correct, but going by the dialogue in Ghorpm's comic there is reason to suspect that the amazon wife is probably cheating on her husband, maybe even with one of those Pimmons. And she probably forces her husband to watch, too.

'Your sole purpose of existence is picking up fruits' <-- big red flag!
KrisViking: That's not a cuckold. A cuckold is a man whos' wife is unfaithful to him.
awalterj: You are totally correct, but going by the dialogue in Ghorpm's comic there is reason to suspect that the amazon wife is probably cheating on her husband, maybe even with one of those Pimmons. And she probably forces her husband to watch, too.

'Your sole purpose of existence is picking up fruits' <-- big red flag!
Quite possible.
Ghorpm: Yes, the sequel to be more precise (aka The Nations) because the first game doesn't fit to those dialogs. It's your turn.

I've already made a third dialog so I'll post it here just for fun ;)
awalterj: Those games were sold as "Die Völker" in the German speaking areas, Jowood didn't really have much rep so I never gave this series a try. Are they anywhere near as good as the Settlers (I'm a huge Settlers 2 fan) and which of the Nations games is better, 1 or 2 ? I love this type of games but with Settlers 2 the bar is set pretty high...the Nations games were on sale just recently and I almost bought them but I think I need someone in the know to convince me that this is good stuff. (So I can blame them later! :P )

Those Pimmons look funny, remind me of the blue hairy ice cave toads in the Metabarons comic volume 2. The Metabarons is an awesome series btw, 5 stars all the way.
I wouldn't recommend Alien Nations 1, it's a dull game with a few serious bugs. Alien Nations 2, however, is a very good game. I've written more about it here so check it out! I strongly recommend it! Alien Nations 1 tried hard to imitate Settlers and failed. Alien Nations 2, however, has some really great ideas, if not unique then at least very well implemented.

And no, the husband is definitely not a cuckold. Each race in the game has an active and passive gender. Obviously you can train only active units, while passive units are completely beyond your control. They just get married, have two children (a boy and a girl so that the gender balance is always perfect) and then they pick up fruits for the rest of their miserable lives. Oh, I think they also go to a marketplace to do some shopping. I guess it won't surprise you that in case of Amazons females are active units. So every man in their tribe is reduced to a fruit picker ;) That's why I created those dialogs as a funny description of the game mechanics, it doesn't mean that the wife in unfaithful ;)
awalterj:
Ghorpm: I wouldn't recommend Alien Nations 1, it's a dull game with a few serious bugs.
Nonsense! I've been at it for the past three hours now and I almost have my first hut built. :P
Here we go:
http://abload.de/img/wkjhfgeus4f.png

I speeded up at the end..and paint is kind of tough...so it looks quite chaotic, and I hate drawing feet and hands ^^
Post edited February 18, 2014 by Zeeaire
Based on a few things I am going say Hellgate: London
KrisViking: Based on a few things I am going say Hellgate: London
That was my guess as well, though I never played it.
KrisViking: Based on a few things I am going say Hellgate: London
Zacron: That was my guess as well, though I never played it.
no it's not Hellgate London but the location is right of course xD and the degree of devestation is similar^^

note: this isn't an explicit scene out of the game, I altered it a little bit but it shouldn't be hard to guess if you've already heard about the game.
Post edited February 18, 2014 by Zeeaire
Zeeaire: Here we go:
http://abload.de/img/wkjhfgeus4f.png

I speeded up at the end..and paint is kind of tough...so it looks quite chaotic, and I hate drawing feet and hands ^^
This drawing is epic! Clock Tower 3 ?
Zacron: That was my guess as well, though I never played it.
Zeeaire: no it's not Hellgate London but the location is right of course xD and the degree of devestation is similar^^

note: this isn't an explicit scene out of the game, I altered it a little bit but it shouldn't be hard to guess if you've already heard about the game.
I kind of went for it because there is an english looking phone box, a Big Ben looking clock and a Gate.
awalterj: This drawing is epic! Clock Tower 3 ?
Yes! thank you very much, I was just missing my Clock Tower game which I lent someone, then I suddenly got the idea of drawing this. glad you like it. Clock Tower is a pretty diffcult game but the atmosphere is brilliant, it's so dark and sad and frightening with the danger constantly persecuting you.
That scene always stunned me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_VvXx112Do
so its your turn!
Zeeaire: Yes! thank you very much, I was just missing my Clock Tower game which I lent someone, then I suddenly got the idea of drawing this. glad you like it. Clock Tower is a pretty diffcult game but the atmosphere is brilliant, it's so dark and sad and frightening with the danger constantly persecuting you.
That scene always stunned me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_VvXx112Do
so its your turn!
It's quite astonishing how they somehow manage to create a dark mood in this game series considering the weird 'school girl vs ridiculous monsters' premise that on first sight appears to be more absurd than scary, but it works.

Next round: Anyone feel free to post a new riddle, I won't be able to contribute anything today.
Nobody?
Then I shall draw, the game must go on! :D

I made this in paint in under 1 minute :D
Attachments:
paintftw.png (14 Kb)
MadyNora: Nobody?
Then I shall draw, the game must go on! :D

I made this in paint in under 1 minute :D
Thank you for lifting the thread out of limbo! I noticed it was technically my lazy ass's turn so I drew something this afternoon but you saved the thread already, thanks a bunch!

Haven't got a clue as to what the game with the flowers is but I'm bumping this thread because someone else might know.