It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

jdsgn: That is both delicious and amazing! Life has taught me to always be friendly to people who give you food, so let me apologize once more for cutting the line before you.
Thank you, and no problem :))
MadyNora: Yes :)) (I'm a pastry chef)
Wow! That is unbelievable.

So... Do you eat your drawings after posting them here?
MadyNora: I'm a girl indeed :)

New chocolate drawing will be up tomorrow, now I don't have the materials at home, and it's too late to go shopping :)
Glad I guessed correctly. lol. Looking forward to the next one.
AdamR: Wow! That is unbelievable.

Yes. There is little else that could be done with them :(
And it's a very easy skill, an it doesn't require drawing skills at all, it just takes time. The reference image is put under a transparent surface, and I paint on the top of that. The catch is that after the painting is done, I pick it up, and turn it around, making the side that touched the surface the actual image we see.

I'm using a bit more "advanced" technique, but the basics can be learned here:
http://eyecandy.nanakaze.net/?p=313
Not every type of chocolate can be used however, so a bit of experimenting is necessary.

Zacron: Glad I guessed correctly. lol. Looking forward to the next one.
Haha well "MadyNora" kind of gives it away :D
Post edited November 26, 2014 by MadyNora
MadyNora: Haha well "MadyNora" kind of gives it away :D
I don't know what Nora means... I have a cousin named Madison, so I thought the Mady part gave it away.
Zacron: I don't know what Nora means... I have a cousin named Madison, so I thought the Mady part gave it away.
Mady means absolutely nothing, Nora is a girl name.... or I'm just not getting the sarcasm, as usual..? o.o (my sense of humour is below average...............................)
Zacron: I don't know what Nora means... I have a cousin named Madison, so I thought the Mady part gave it away.
MadyNora: Mady means absolutely nothing, Nora is a girl name.... or I'm just not getting the sarcasm, as usual..? o.o (my sense of humour is below average...............................)
No sarcasm or offense meant, but in english, you can shorten the name Madison to Maddy, or Madi or Mady or other versions of the same name. Like my real name is Zachery, but I go by Zack.
MadyNora: Mady means absolutely nothing, Nora is a girl name.... or I'm just not getting the sarcasm, as usual..? o.o (my sense of humour is below average...............................)
Zacron: No sarcasm or offense meant, but in english, you can shorten the name Madison to Maddy, or Madi or Mady or other versions of the same name. Like my real name is Zachery, but I go by Zack.
Oh I see. I'm not really familiar with English name variants, and I always thought "Nora" is kind of international :)
AdamR: Wow! That is unbelievable.

MadyNora: Yes. There is little else that could be done with them :(
And it's a very easy skill, an it doesn't require drawing skills at all, it just takes time. The reference image is put under a transparent surface, and I paint on the top of that. The catch is that after the painting is done, I pick it up, and turn it around, making the side that touched the surface the actual image we see.

Not every type of chocolate can be used however, so a bit of experimenting is necessary.

Still nothing I'm capable of or will ever be. Fine motor skills have never been my kind of thing... ): I think it is impressive being able to create something beautiful. I have rather uncool talents, I am good with particle physics and these things...
Zacron: No sarcasm or offense meant, but in english, you can shorten the name Madison to Maddy, or Madi or Mady or other versions of the same name. Like my real name is Zachery, but I go by Zack.
MadyNora: Oh I see. I'm not really familiar with English name variants, and I always thought "Nora" is kind of international :)
Same as Zacron, but I always thought of "Mady" as short for Madeline, tho.
MadyNora: Oh I see. I'm not really familiar with English name variants, and I always thought "Nora" is kind of international :)
joppo: Same as Zacron, but I always thought of "Mady" as short for Madeline, tho.
...wow. I seriousy never expected people to think I'm a girl, because of "Mady".
The nick "Mady" is used by my dad btw, I "stole" it from him.
Next :D

Edit: Ok,when I first uploaded it it was displayed upside down, no idea why, it was normal on my PC.
Let's see now........

Edit2: Still upside down WTF

Edit 3: 3rd attempt at uploading GRRRRRR

Edit 4: FINALLY.
Attachments:
Post edited November 27, 2014 by MadyNora
MadyNora: ...

Ah, thanks for posting that link I just had an epiphany: Painting with chocolate seems to go the other way around than painting with oil where you put one layer on top of each other. I had no idea that you add the background (in this case white chocolate) last. I wonder what your advanced technique does differently but the simple one from that tutorial seems easy to understand. Interesting that I thought the process was much more tricky, I thought you spread out the white chocolate first and then freehand draw on top of that, it's typical that I could only think of the more troublesome way to do things!

MadyNora: Next :D
I don't know what it is but I smelled chocolate!
Great job as usual, it seems to be a Japanese game but the guy in the middle strongly reminds me of Professor Calculus :)
MadyNora: ...

awalterj: Ah, thanks for posting that link I just had an epiphany: Painting with chocolate seems to go the other way around than painting with oil where you put one layer on top of each other. I had no idea that you add the background (in this case white chocolate) last. I wonder what your advanced technique does differently but the simple one from that tutorial seems easy to understand. Interesting that I thought the process was much more tricky, I thought you spread out the white chocolate first and then freehand draw on top of that, it's typical that I could only think of the more troublesome way to do things!
I could NEVER freehand draw something like this :D
Under advanced I meant small touches, like: more tones, not deleting the highlights and small details, but painting those as well, not just pouring the white chocolate, but actaully filling up the "holes" first, and only pouring after, (this way there will be no small air bubbles visible on the picture) etc.
awalterj: Ah, thanks for posting that link I just had an epiphany: Painting with chocolate seems to go the other way around than painting with oil where you put one layer on top of each other. I had no idea that you add the background (in this case white chocolate) last. I wonder what your advanced technique does differently but the simple one from that tutorial seems easy to understand. Interesting that I thought the process was much more tricky, I thought you spread out the white chocolate first and then freehand draw on top of that, it's typical that I could only think of the more troublesome way to do things!
MadyNora: I could NEVER freehand draw something like this :D
Under advanced I meant small touches, like: more tones, not deleting the highlights and small details, but painting those as well, not just pouring the white chocolate, but actaully filling up the "holes" first, and only pouring after, (this way there will be no small air bubbles visible on the picture) etc.
Hmm...I wonder if you can work on a transparent table or piece of glass and place a mirror underneath so you could see the final result, I imagine it's not possible to flip around the work before it's completely dry as it probably falls apart without the structural support of the final layer. It would be convenient to actually see what one is working on, of course with the final background layer it's not important as you simply cover everything but with the second layer it's a bit difficult to imagine what the result looks like if you can't reverse the whole thing and take a peek