It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cyraxpt: First picture is a puzzle and the second is a door (or a chest);
The game is probably from the 90's (older than Morrowind, so <2000);
Not available on Gog;

I'm stumped, that 7sxp thing is engraved in my memory but i can't remember and my gut tells me that i've seen that around 2001 (Dreamcast era) but that would't be "old enough", uhm.... and it's probably a fps... again, i don't know why but something tells me it's also futuristic. Man, i want to say Deus Ex but it wouldn't make sense...
First picture is not a puzzle. It is 4 separate objects in the game, but yes, the second picture is a door. It is also older than Deus Ex, but you are on the right track.
Zacron: First picture is not a puzzle. It is 4 separate objects in the game, but yes, the second picture is a door. It is also older than Deus Ex, but you are on the right track.
Goddamit i hate this thread so much and i keep coming back. Man, a videogame older than Deus Ex (my favourite game) that i would remember something that i had to write down to pass? Ufff....
Not Half life... There was something near the end of Quake but i don't remember being that... Uhm... i also played Alien Trilogy but again, i don't remember a riddle/puzzle thing... Gunman Chronicles was an awful game and i'm sure my brain blacked out anything from it...

Goddamit, this will end in tears for me since either will be something like "HOW COME I DIDN'T REMEMBER THAT" or "What? Really? I didn't even played that, my brain is playing tricks on me"!
Zacron: First picture is not a puzzle. It is 4 separate objects in the game, but yes, the second picture is a door. It is also older than Deus Ex, but you are on the right track.
Cyraxpt: Goddamit i hate this thread so much and i keep coming back. Man, a videogame older than Deus Ex (my favourite game) that i would remember something that i had to write down to pass? Ufff....
Not Half life... There was something near the end of Quake but i don't remember being that... Uhm... i also played Alien Trilogy but again, i don't remember a riddle/puzzle thing... Gunman Chronicles was an awful game and i'm sure my brain blacked out anything from it...

Goddamit, this will end in tears for me since either will be something like "HOW COME I DIDN'T REMEMBER THAT" or "What? Really? I didn't even played that, my brain is playing tricks on me"!
No, I think you misread my comments earlier. The four objects in the first picture are collectables. You do NOT need to know what they are, but in order to beat the game, you must have all 4 of them.

That being said... I feel as if you did guess it...

It was Quake. At the end of each of the episodes you got a Magic Rune. Once you collected all 4, you were given access to Shub-Niggurath's Pit and the Endgame.
OH GOD, TO HELL WITH THIS THREAD. Really? I have a vague memory of it, i remember that last fight with the boss on the lava but why would i have such a memory of those symbols (runes)? I was pretty sure it was something that i've wrote down to pass something... Sigh, i end up always disappointed with the answer...

Anyway, i don't have talent for drawing and somehow, even missing, i prefer to guess so i'll give my turn to someone with better drawing skills than me.
Cyraxpt: OH GOD, TO HELL WITH THIS THREAD. Really? I have a vague memory of it, i remember that last fight with the boss on the lava but why would i have such a memory of those symbols (runes)? I was pretty sure it was something that i've wrote down to pass something... Sigh, i end up always disappointed with the answer...

Anyway, i don't have talent for drawing and somehow, even missing, i prefer to guess so i'll give my turn to someone with better drawing skills than me.
LOL!

Well, (not to talk down to you) Quake had 4 episodes and a central Hub you started in a large open room and chose a hallway to select your difficulty. the next room you entered was a square room with 4 hallways. Each hallway led to a portal into each episode. Unfortunately, only 2 bosses exist in the game. Chthon at the end of episode 1, which gave you the first rune after you electrocuted him, and Shub-Niggurath at the end of the final game. You reached him by collecting the runes in each Episode. once that is done, it takes you back to the main room, and the floor will have been opened to a pit with the portal to the final boss.

But, the game was also released as Shareware, only including the Hub level and the first Episode... maybe you only played that.
I have a terrible memory, it's one of those when someone talks about something and i vaguely remember but only when i actually see it (image or video) i'll say "Oh, yeah, that, i remember".
I mixture so much stuff in my mind, that image from the cowboy girl still haunts me, i know i've seen something like that in a comic/manga but it's from that game that i didn't even played (but to be fair i remember seeing it on magazines, artwork included).

Zacron: But, the game was also released as Shareware, only including the Hub level and the first Episode... maybe you only played that.
Nope... wait, let me open my bunker door.... ... ... Ok, i played it on my Sega Saturn. *closes door*
Post edited October 15, 2014 by Cyraxpt
Cyraxpt: I have a terrible memory, it's one of those when someone talks about something and i vaguely remember but only when i actually see it (image or video) i'll say "Oh, yeah, that, i remember".
I mixture so much stuff in my mind, that image from the cowboy girl still haunts me, i know i've seen something like that in a comic/manga but it's from that game that i didn't even played (but to be fair i remember seeing it on magazines, artwork included).

Zacron: But, the game was also released as Shareware, only including the Hub level and the first Episode... maybe you only played that.
Cyraxpt: Nope... wait, let me open my bunker door.... ... ... Ok, i played it on my Sega Saturn. *closes door*
Ah. That explains it. The Saturn version has some very different levels, and I am not sure of how the Rune system worked on it.
If no one minds, I'll take the turn :)
Attachments:
Zacron:
I feel sad that I failed to guess that, yet I was in the middle of painting something from Quake for my next turn. xD

I forgot about the runes, I haven't played the campaign in a long time, though I was a fan of the Rune Quake multiplayer mod.
AlohaHawaii: If no one minds, I'll take the turn :)
Very nice job, clean and straight to the point!

Clearly this is Xardas from the Gothic series. I'll eat a chair if I'm wrong!

In case I'm correct, can someone else take my turn please? Thanks in advance
Zacron:
Exoanthrope: I feel sad that I failed to guess that, yet I was in the middle of painting something from Quake for my next turn. xD

I forgot about the runes, I haven't played the campaign in a long time, though I was a fan of the Rune Quake multiplayer mod.
You should share what you had.
awalterj: Very nice job, clean and straight to the point!

Clearly this is Xardas from the Gothic series. I'll eat a chair if I'm wrong!

In case I'm correct, can someone else take my turn please? Thanks in advance
Correct :)
awalterj: In case I'm correct, can someone else take my turn please? Thanks in advance
I've only just dealt with some looming responsibilities, so here's a quick one before I snooze:

(Also, how did I not see Xardas? S'my favorite flippin' game. Dopey me!)
Attachments:
rampage.jpg (33 Kb)
Zacron: You should share what you had.
I just painted the Ranger's face, would've been too easy compared to your hints.

It's far from finished, but I'm thinking of using it in-game when I'm done. Attached.

grimwerk: I've only just dealt with some looming responsibilities, so here's a quick one before I snooze:
Nice, but I don't think I know this one at all. Makes me think of Little Big Planet, but I've never played it.
Attachments:
ranger.jpg (39 Kb)
Post edited October 16, 2014 by Exoanthrope
Exoanthrope: Nice, but I don't think I know this one at all. Makes me think of Little Big Planet, but I've never played it.
Ooh that's awesome!