It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MadyNora: Ahm... I'm sorry if I disappoint you, but I haven't actually "played" the game...
Back then in elementary school I spent all my afternoons at my friends place, because our moms were friends, and my mom was working. And he played Prisoner of Ice. Over, and over, and over again. I was terrified by it! It gave me nightmares, I started seeing the monster in my dreams, and the picture of the dead body in the container made me scream, cry, and gave me sleepless nights. Don't blame me... I was no more than 10.
My friend of course mocked me, and laughed at me -.-*
I only liked the (I think) Buenos Aires level. I always asked him to let me play that one level. No scary stuff, just a peaceful library^^

I googled the game now, and I didn't get terrified by the pictures now, not even by the dead body, but back then it truly was a terrible experience for me :(

Don't get me wrong, as far as I remember the game itself is quite good, but it's definetly not made for a 10 years old girl :(
You can safely play it, as far as I remember there is no gory stuff, even 'The Dig' by LucasArts is more gory in that part where you saw one of your team member's arms off. I even think Max from Sam&Max is more scary than the monsters in Prisoner of Ice.
It's ok to be scared, when I watched 'Ronia the Robber's Daughter' as a kid I had nightmares from that for years, whenever it got dark in a dream anywhere around a forest, I'd see many pairs of glowing red eyes coming closer and I thought it's the stone trolls from the movie. I watched the movie again recently and almost fell off the chair from laughter, this stuff is so not scary, at all...
awalterj: You can safely play it, as far as I remember there is no gory stuff, even 'The Dig' by LucasArts is more gory in that part where you saw one of your team member's arms off. I even think Max from Sam&Max is more scary than the monsters in Prisoner of Ice.
It's ok to be scared, when I watched 'Ronia the Robber's Daughter' as a kid I had nightmares from that for years, whenever it got dark in a dream anywhere around a forest, I'd see many pairs of glowing red eyes coming closer and I thought it's the stone trolls from the movie. I watched the movie again recently and almost fell off the chair from laughter, this stuff is so not scary, at all...
Yes, kids can be afraid of the most riddiculous things ever :) For example I was scared sh!tless of Santa. No idea why, but I was totally afraid of him :(
I don't know if I will play the game... as far as I remember if is full of timed-sequences, wich is something I don't really like :(

New drawing:
I figured out that no matter how many games I've played, if there is no "iconic" moment, then I can't draw it for other people to guess >_<
So here is a very easy one, another paint-masterpiece by me.
Attachments:
miez.png (285 Kb)
MadyNora: So here is a very easy one, another paint-masterpiece by me.
Puzzle Quest?
viperfdl: Puzzle Quest?
Yes ^_^
Your turn.
Should be no problem.
Attachments:
whoami.jpg (22 Kb)
MadyNora: New drawing:
I figured out that no matter how many games I've played, if there is no "iconic" moment, then I can't draw it for other people to guess >_<
Don't worry, some people here have near encyclopedic memories, I've seen the most obscure things being guessed within minutes!

viperfdl: Should be no problem.
Obi-Wan, I'm the top gun, the Chosen One, hotter than both suns...Twin suns....Twinsen! (LBA, love this game so much)

full lyrics here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZooZFq8fI_A
Post edited February 22, 2014 by awalterj
awalterj: Don't worry, some people here have near encyclopedic memories, I've seen the most obscure things being guessed within minutes!
But if there is no iconic moment, then I don't know what to draw ><
But I take a note, and next time it will be my turn I will try something harder^^
MadyNora: New drawing:
awalterj: Don't worry, some people here have near encyclopedic memories, I've seen the most obscure things being guessed within minutes!

viperfdl: Should be no problem.
awalterj: Obi-Wan, I'm the top gun, the Chosen One, hotter than both suns...Twin suns....Twinsen! (LBA, love this game so much)

full lyrics here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZooZFq8fI_A
Right.
viperfdl: Right.
alright, give me a couple minutes, will be back soon.
KrisViking: Correct. Hmm... Yeah 20 years for the 3DO version which I didn't know about. We had the PC version that came out for Windows 95 in 1996.
awalterj: No one ever had a 3DO, except for my buddy whose parents owned a hotel so they bought him all the consoles, and I mean all of them.

Anyway, here's the next picture. Hope you guys like calamari, if not...too late!
I wouldn't know. I remember hearing years after it was discontinued that it existed, but otherwise I just knew of 3DO as the people who were publishing Heroes of Might and Magic.
I'm nowhere near as fast as you guys, blame the little gnomes who stole my Wacom pen!
Attachments:
not-santa.jpg (147 Kb)
a little hint so that you can figure out the game without knowing it:

The scary green one among us* will lead you to the 'gardener'.

*among us = someone who posts in this thread, look at his avatar
Post edited February 23, 2014 by awalterj
A little search and I found Call of Cthulhu.
Orion66: A little search and I found Call of Cthulhu.
But is there a gardener in that game that looks like Santa?

hint: the member in this thread that will directly lead you to the game in question is not tinyE but someone else who also has a green appearance.
Post edited February 23, 2014 by awalterj
Is it Gex?