It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Three pillars of Electronic Arts now DRM-free

No matter your personal take on the gaming giant – the many people, teams, and studios behind Electronic Arts brought us some of the most unforgettable experiences, marvelous worlds, and exceptional titles in gaming.
Each of today's three classic releases from Electronic Arts represents a pillar of game design: exceptional world building, mastery in storytelling, an admirable understanding of the balance between scope and focus. Straight from the EA Games vault, making their DRM-free debut on GOG.com, are:

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition — the birth of a universe. A complex, extensive universe of raw fantasy and imperfection which spawned countless works reaching far beyond gaming - from graphic novels and novelizations through tabletop games and more. The Dragon Age universe is among the most ambitious fantasy settings ever created, and if you'd like to get more acquainted with the universe, turn up the fantastic soundtrack and take a look at the comprehensive guide to Dragon Age by Kotaku.

Dead Space is a glance at a gritty, hard sci-fi world in a state of irreversible disrepair. This is a game where the horrors lurking around the corner are just as disturbing as ghosts of the past. The glimpses are few, but they meticulously paint a vivid world of dark, scientific wonders and despair – a world you barely know, but a world nonetheless worth saving. A world you will remember. Check out the animated comic prologue available here, as well as the OST on Spotify.

SimCity 3000™ Unlimited is more than the sum of its parts. It's neither the biggest nor the most elaborate in the series, but it's success lies in balancing complexity and accessibility to deliver truly exceptional and welcoming gameplay. It doesn't hurt that you'll spend countless hours listening to a wonderfully jazzy soundtrack (also on Spotify!). Whether you succeed or stumble, one thing is certain: your stay in SimCity 3000 will be… nice.

Experience three pillars of game design by Electronic Arts – the marvelous worlds, unforgettable storytelling, exceptional gameplay – <span class="bold">Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition</span>, <span class="bold">Dead Space</span>, and <span class="bold">SimCity 3000&trade; Unlimited</span> are now available, DRM-free on GOG.com!
Post edited July 14, 2016 by Konrad
wolfsrain: Maybe, just maybe, EA will release complete digital editions for those games. People can dream, right?!
I hope so, I'd love to see those games on gog. :D

Kingdom(s) of Amalur would be neat as well.
Post edited July 21, 2016 by NuffCatnip
wolfsrain: Maybe, just maybe, EA will release complete digital editions for those games. People can dream, right?!
NuffCatnip: I hope so, I'd love to see those games on gog. :D

Kingdom(s) of Amalur would be neat as well.
KoA...Yeah...the only clear thing is that EA has the publishing rights. As who owns the IP...long live copyright hell....
tamablenebula: Wow... Dragon Age has been on GOG for a week, and has already climbed to page 12! :o

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised to see it make the top 50!
Does that mean that sales was good and EA might start selling at GOG more games? Also, i curious, was EA and GOG happy with the sales of DAO/DE or it wasn't as good as they expected? :)
JinKazaragi: Bioware points? You can't buy DLCs just by paying money like on PSN or other games on Steam?
(I don't use origin)
UPD: Checked information - i was wrong, now all DLC available on PC.
Post edited July 27, 2016 by Andrey82
i am sorry guys i love GOG.

but to promote EA on the laurels of Former Bioware, is not acceptable. the talent that made this has way long left the corporation after the acquisition of Bioware by EA.
This is THE GAME for RPG genere. If you have not played it do yourself a favour , and play it. This is what it should be like.
This has story, drama, action, anticipation, and a whole lot more. just play it when your wife is not yelling on you.
I love this game.
But am saddened by what EA has done to this series.
but Enjoy the timeless classic, Please.
killferd: i am sorry guys i love GOG.

but to promote EA on the laurels of Former Bioware, is not acceptable. the talent that made this has way long left the corporation after the acquisition of Bioware by EA.
This is THE GAME for RPG genere. If you have not played it do yourself a favour , and play it. This is what it should be like.
This has story, drama, action, anticipation, and a whole lot more. just play it when your wife is not yelling on you.
I love this game.
But am saddened by what EA has done to this series.
but Enjoy the timeless classic, Please.
You actually resurrected a year-old thread to argue semantics about creativity and IP rights?
The other two are unknown to me but Dragon Age: Origins was built before BioWare sold out for a big paycheck from E.A. Therefore technically they did not "make" the game, they only own the rights to it. Remese would be I, if I forgot to mention that DA2 and DA: Inquisition are abundantly enjoyed by me; Thus so far BioWare has been left alone to make its games... Well except for that recent shutdown in Montreal.
GOG.com: Three pillars of Electronic Arts now DRM-free

No matter your personal take on the gaming giant – the many people, teams, and studios behind Electronic Arts brought us some of the most unforgettable experiences, marvelous worlds, and exceptional titles in gaming.
Each of today's three classic releases from Electronic Arts represents a pillar of game design: exceptional world building, mastery in storytelling, an admirable understanding of the balance between scope and focus. Straight from the EA Games vault, making their DRM-free debut on GOG.com, are:[snip...]
Angel98392: The other two are unknown to me but Dragon Age: Origins was built before BioWare sold out for a big paycheck from E.A. Therefore technically they did not "make" the game, they only own the rights to it. Remese would be I, if I forgot to mention that DA2 and DA: Inquisition are abundantly enjoyed by me; Thus so far BioWare has been left alone to make its games... Well except for that recent shutdown in Montreal.
The games might still be enoyable depending on taste, but there's no doubt the talent and style that built the company died shortly after EA took over, like everyone knew would happen the minute it was announced.
The only real remaining question is: when will Dragon Age 2, Dead Space 2 and Crysis 2 arrive at GOG?
deleted
Andrey82: The only real remaining question is: when will Dragon Age 2, Dead Space 2 and Crysis 2 arrive at GOG?
Fairfox: Don't they all suck in comparison, liek?
Well, after Dragon Age Inquisition and Mass Effect Andromeda DA2 looks quite nice.