It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The_Blog: How exactly does this rep thingy work? One upvote does not equal to one rep. Is there a set amount of upvotes you need for one rep? I don't really get it.
skeletonbow: The simplest explanation is to be polite and friendly and generally positive and non-conflictual in the forums and just not give a crap about rep points or how they work. The rest takes care of itself. ;)
Shouldn't this be the normal forum behaviour anyway ;).
Tarnicus: Notice a few high rated posts of mine, and yet I still have the Rep of the Beast. Locked I tell you, banished to the underworld for all of GOGternity!
trentonlf: I've been plussing all your posts since you got to 666 LOL
Superstitious-ness... :D
trentonlf: If you are interested in the Firefly Online game to come out later this spring or summer, Wil Wheaton will be the one who does the voice acting for the male main character in the game.
Shendue: I never saw Firefly. Curiously enough, i own a bluray copy of Serenity. It's an ex-rental copy i bought for a couple euros from Blockbuster at the giveaway following the bankrupcy. I never watched it because i want to see the series before, but never had the chance to. Is it any good?
It's amazing, you get hooked in and attached to those characters. Great premise
Shendue: Well, he's actually a pretty cool guy. He's basically a huge geek himself, so even he himself admitted that he totally hated Wesley Crusher. You know a character is bad when even the actor that portrayed him says he was an annoying Gary Stu. XD
BTW, everything else he does is basically totally awesome. He's funny as hell as the evil version of himself in Big Bang Theory and he's a pretty good dubber and writer.
trentonlf: If you are interested in the Firefly Online game to come out later this spring or summer, Wil Wheaton will be the one who does the voice acting for the male main character in the game.
Oh my ! Didn't even know such a game will be released.
Have to tell it to my brother ! ;)
paladin181: That's fine. you have your likes and I have mine. :P
Well, i actually have a few games on Steam myself, mind it. I was just joking. But it's true that i don't like their policies, so i rarely buy games there, bar a couple ones i really wanted that aren't available here and some i reedemed from codes i got for free.
skeletonbow: The simplest explanation is to be polite and friendly and generally positive and non-conflictual in the forums and just not give a crap about rep points or how they work. The rest takes care of itself. ;)
The_Blog: That certainly is a good advise, but I am generally interested in how things work. Not to exploit, but to understand the mechanics. =)
Basically from observation over several years, how it works is the more someone cares about their rep score, the lower it becomes, and the more they ask about it in the forums, the lower it goes, while the less they care about it the higher it goes, but it doesn't matter because they don't care and anyone the care about doesn't care either. :)

That's not the numerical answer you're probably seeking, but it's the factual one from the streets. :)
Shendue: I never saw Firefly. Curiously enough, i own a bluray copy of Serenity. It's an ex-rental copy i bought for a couple euros from Blockbuster at the giveaway following the bankrupcy. I never watched it because i want to see the series before, but never had the chance to. Is it any good?
Firefly is superb. Period. But unfortunately too short.
skeletonbow: *snip*
Can you (or anyone else) name a source of protein that is higher than hemp seed? I have continually had people tell me that I am lacking protein by being vegetarian. Even the term "protein" is misleading as there are various types, and it appears to me that we need a variety of them.

Some random article listing the "Top 10 Foods Highest in Protein" that fails to mention hemp seed. The highest source on that list has 36% protein. Even the Wiki on hemp states it is 37%. I grabbed some raw hemp protein powder the other day to test it out, as I am in dire need of some healing and rebuilding my muscles, and was surprised to see the protein content be 53%
Firefly is probably the best tv show to get cancelled. Fox did it all wrong with the show, they released episodes out of order and didn't give it a chance.

If you have Netflix I highly recommend watching it. It is 14 episodes and the movie Serenity, you will be happy you did.
CarrionCrow: Hopefully, that one will be around with a 50 percent discount at least by Summer.
SorrowBorn: WOOHOO thank you so much for the HOPE

High five / Bro Fist / Your choice of AWESOME show of Thanks
There are only two games I can think of offhand that seem to be in the category of "good luck and fat chance seeing these discounted any time soon".
Those would be Arx Fatalis and Gothic 1.
There might be more, but I can't think of them. Someone more knowledgeable would undoubtedly have more thorough info, but the general rule is if you're willing to wait long enough, the price will drop anywhere from 50 to 90 percent by the time it's all said and done.
Tarnicus: Can you (or anyone else) name a source of protein that is higher than hemp seed? I have continually had people tell me that I am lacking protein by being vegetarian. Even the term "protein" is misleading as there are various types, and it appears to me that we need a variety of them.
Brewers Yeast...

edit...
Also, I think cooking tomatoes and spinach pasta together is a whole protein source if I remember correctly...
Post edited March 08, 2015 by GhostwriterDoF
The_Blog: How exactly does this rep thingy work? One upvote does not equal to one rep. Is there a set amount of upvotes you need for one rep? I don't really get it.
Tarnicus: How the Rep System Really Works

1/ Buy +1s with giveaways
2/ Gather a "gang", this can include but is not limited to alternate accounts.
3/ Face off enemy gangs in "rep battles". I imagine it looks a bit like this.
4/ Employ "hackers" to run scripts to raise your "gang's" status and destroy your enemies. Action video!
5/ ???
6/ 666 REPZ!

I sincerely hope this guide helps :P
There's my guide to rep :P
ElTerprise: Shouldn't this be the normal forum behaviour anyway ;).
I absolutely ****ing agree, it souldbe the ****ing norm. Be friendly and not act as a **** or an *** or a son of a ****ing ***** should be the basics of every ****head on any ****ing forum.
That, and to watch the ****** language, of ****ing course.
Tarnicus: The Force is with you Tom! I have been catching up the thread and saw you had another crit about 6 hours ago. Congrats! I am still at 2 crits; one game I did not want and the other I had :)
I think you mixed it up, but no worries. Shadowgate was my second crit, and it's actually one of the games on my wishlist, so I consider myself lucky. My first was Entomorph which I gave away.
Tarnicus: Can you (or anyone else) name a source of protein that is higher than hemp seed? I have continually had people tell me that I am lacking protein by being vegetarian. Even the term "protein" is misleading as there are various types, and it appears to me that we need a variety of them.

Some random article listing the "Top 10 Foods Highest in Protein" that fails to mention hemp seed. The highest source on that list has 36% protein. Even the Wiki on hemp states it is 37%. I grabbed some raw hemp protein powder the other day to test it out, as I am in dire need of some healing and rebuilding my muscles, and was surprised to see the protein content be 53%
Spirulina ?