It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Crevurre: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

X'''D

*wheeze*
*thump thump*
jsidhu762: ?
Read the beginning of the post I made further up above.
GameRager: Didn't original doom have limited ammo types shared by guns as well(albeit with higher ammo limits)? I believe it did.
AB2012: Doom 1-2:-
Bullets = Pistol & Minigun. Max 200 (400 backpack)
Shells = Shotgun & Super-Shotgun. Max 50 (100 backpack)
Rockets = Rocket Launcher. Max 50 (100 backpack)
Cells = Plasma Launcher & BFG 9000. Max 300 (600 backpack)

If they water down Doom anymore, the next Doom game will involve ammo caps of 5 shells / 10 bullets, the chainsaw will be replaced with a walking frame and all maps will be indoors (so a small gust of wind doesn't blow Doomguy over...)
Doom 2021, flossing demons to death...
Just replayed a bit of Doom 2016 to remind myself of how bad the checkpoints are and by all that is unholy are they bad.

I first quit my session yesterday in the Foundry. Every time I try replaying the game, I quit at least once in that level. The checkpoints there are straight from hell.

Just had my second quit in Argent Tower when the character refused to grab a ledge and fell to his death, the result being put all the way before beginning the whole platforming section near the level start, resetting all combat and pickups along the way.

Another thing I hate is that you keep any challenge progress when you die (including weapon masteries). It literally incites the player to find a good checkpoint, perform the idiotic thing required in the challenge, off himself and repeat until the challenge is done so that he can proceed to play normally. Being rewarded for dying is stupid at best. So that is one improvement in Eternal. I haven't seen any combat challenges there.

Playing on Nightmare and I have no issues with the difficulty. My main issue and reason to stop playing for the day is wasting time due to a terrible save system which is also inconsistent and counter-productive to the game as a bonus. If the checkpoints at least had the decency to remember the exact state of the game when they got triggered (pickups you already got, which enemies are dead, challenge progress so that you can't farm it etc.) but no, let's just reset everything to a "supposed" state.

And regarding ammo, once you put 2 upgrades into ammo capacity, most of your ammo issues should be over. Add to that the ammo oriented runes and you will be literally drowning in ammo. So 2016 at least has that on Eternal.
Post edited April 01, 2020 by idbeholdME
Yahtzee weighs in :D

How does what he says measure up to the experiences of those who played? He acknowledges the whole "Now you have to chainsaw/flamethrow to get ammo/armour, but doesn't complain about it beyond how it changes the pace of combat.

As someone who enjoyed Doom 2016, I'm looking forward to this.
I didn't particularly care for the ammo collection through chainsawing mechanic there, but if they improved chainsawing (by easing up on the fuel necessary to use it constantly, which I hear they have), then I feel it could be ok.
Post edited April 02, 2020 by babark
low rated
babark: Yahtzee weighs in :D
You linked to the wrong thing, but yeah I'd agree with everything he said. They bloated it up with too many new mechanics and story, they made you have to chainsaw and such too often, but otherwise it's still pretty solid. I preferred 2016 though, and you might too.
StingingVelvet: You linked to the wrong thing, but yeah I'd agree with everything he said. They bloated it up with too many new mechanics and story, they made you have to chainsaw and such too often, but otherwise it's still pretty solid. I preferred 2016 though, and you might too.
What?
What is this strange link you quoted? :D
low rated
jsidhu762: ?
GameRager: It's just some other user's alt account and/or someone trolling...they have been posting such posts in a bunch of threads.
Sure Mr -900. I'm not a troll or an alt. Now back to the point....

HAAAAAAOOAAAAAAAAOOOAAAAAAAH! 3rd person...x'D
Post edited April 02, 2020 by Crevurre
Cadaver747: P.S. I was wrong: it's more effective to shot the spider's cannon using sniper mod.
StingingVelvet: Yeah, that's easier. With mouse aim anyway. Later in the game you get a chaingun which is good for headshots/weak points as well, plus it has an alt fire which can mow down anything very quickly.
Well yesterday morning I decided to play 2 more levels of Doom Eternal on Ultra-Violence. Today I finished the whole game 100% (all collectibles / upgrades / mission challenges) plus 1 Master Level (2nd one is ONLY for pre-ordering). I just couldn't stop playing the game, it was so awesome! Thank goodness I haven't decreased the difficulty, after the 3rd Slayer Gate it become much easier. Marauders are not even that hard, you just need to keep your distance at mid range and shoot to counterattack, preferably with ballista. Too bad I haven't checked how good is Unmaykr. The hardest enemies for me were: Archvilles and Pain Elementals, I hate them so much I shoot them with all I have ;)

Can't wait for two more campaign add-ons!!!
MUST PLAY!!!
Denuvo introduced and then removed in like 48 hours because of fan outrage. Why can't we do that with Steam DRM? Oh right, because people actively like it. Bummer.
low rated
StingingVelvet: Denuvo introduced and then removed in like 48 hours because of fan outrage. Why can't we do that with Steam DRM? Oh right, because people actively like it. Bummer.
Imo it's less because people like it and more that most just shrug their shoulders and tolerate it.
StingingVelvet: Denuvo introduced and then removed in like 48 hours because of fan outrage.
The news, for anyone not up to speed:

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2020/5/20/21265562/doom-eternal-denuvo-anti-cheat-pc-removed
low rated
Thanks for that link.

(Though you might want to use an archive link next time so some who want to read it but not give them ad revenue can do so....just a suggestion)

Lol at this bit:

"As we examine any future of anti-cheat in DOOM Eternal, at a minimum we must consider giving campaign-only players the ability to play without anti-cheat software installed, as well as ensure the overall timing of any anti-cheat integration better aligns with player expectations around clear initiatives – like ranked or competitive play – where demand for anti-cheat is far greater.”

-No, no one playing SP needs that crap on their system....no need to consider it....just never put it in their systems/game copies in the first place.

-----------------------

Also this bit:

"Stratton noted that any performance issues that players may have noticed in the last update were not caused by Denuvo, and are separate issues that’ll also be fixed with the next PC update. He said the performance problems players have seen on PC “are based on a code change ... around VRAM allocation.”Stratton noted that any performance issues that players may have noticed in the last update were not caused by Denuvo, and are separate issues that’ll also be fixed with the next PC update. He said the performance problems players have seen on PC “are based on a code change ... around VRAM allocation.”Stratton noted that any performance issues that players may have noticed in the last update were not caused by Denuvo, and are separate issues that’ll also be fixed with the next PC update. He said the performance problems players have seen on PC “are based on a code change ... around VRAM allocation.”"

-What a load of bollocks..do they really expect people to buy that?

-------------------------

SIdenote re: the Doom Eternal ReviewAd on that page: "one of the best shooters in years".....it is decent, but why do such things always call a game the best in x timeframe or y genre nearly every single time?
Post edited May 21, 2020 by GameRager
GameRager: Imo it's less because people like it and more that most just shrug their shoulders and tolerate it.
Well they actively like how Steam functions, and what it adds to games. They just don't care that DRM comes hand in hand with it.
StingingVelvet: Denuvo introduced and then removed in like 48 hours because of fan outrage. Why can't we do that with Steam DRM? Oh right, because people actively like it. Bummer.
Wait. Isn't it up to the developers and/or publisher if they decide to use CEG or not?

There are many games on Steam which don't have CEG and don't have other DRM junk attached to it - meaning, once you download the game from Steam, then...you don't really need Steam running in the background to run the said game.
Post edited May 21, 2020 by MysterD
MysterD: Wait. Isn't it up to the developers and/or publisher if they decide to use CEG or not?

There are many games on Steam which don't have CEG and don't have other DRM junk attached to it - meaning, once you download the game from Steam, then...you don't really need Steam running in the background to run the said game.
Yes. Not sure what this is a reply to?