It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Let’s be honest - you didn’t see that one coming. As of today, three action-adventure games from the cult Dishonored series are available DRM-free on GOG.COM. Moreover, they come with special discounts lasting until the 24th of February 2020, 2 PM UTC.

Dishonored - Definitive Edition (-65%) is a first-person action game that enables you to take the role of a supernatural assassin Corvo Attano sneaking through the industrial city of Dunwall.

Dishonored 2 (-75%) takes place 15 years after the series’ first part. Here you can play not only as Attano but also as deposed Empress Emily Kaldwin.

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (-75%) is a standalone adventure set in the series’ steampunk world. As a killer-for-hire, Billie Lurk you undertake the greatest assassination ever conceived.

You can also get all three games together with the Dishonored - Complete Collection (-70%). Don’t wait and start your adventure with one of the most critically acclaimed game series of the last decade!
Fucking amazing! LOVED this game!

Question:

I played and loved Dishonored on console. I sunk a ton of time in it but never quite finished the game, and I played it a long time ago / forgot a lot of the plot.

I sort of want to just grab Dishonored 2 and jump right in. Anyone with these fresh in their memory have a problem with this? I won't be totally lost right? I remember Dishonored being a long game and I sort of don't want to replay it just to get a taste of gameplay and story (man I loved the atmosphere - I still remember that talking heart, in a panicked voice exclaiming "They're burning whales!"). And then risk "burning out" before I even jump into part two.

Going to grab Wolfenstein too - I remember playing a demo and though the action arcadey shooters aren't really my thing, there was something about it (like Prey) that just set it a step above.

Wicked good pickups GoG! Killing my wallet recently ;)
Ooh, nice. Bought.

Skyrim, when?
Post edited February 19, 2020 by plagren
Ixamyakxim: I sort of want to just grab Dishonored 2 and jump right in. Anyone with these fresh in their memory have a problem with this? I won't be totally lost right? I remember Dishonored being a long game and I sort of don't want to replay it just to get a taste of gameplay and story (man I loved the atmosphere - I still remember that talking heart, in a panicked voice exclaiming "They're burning whales!"). And then risk "burning out" before I even jump into part two.
The story and setting are both mostly separate from the Dishonored 1 main game, but some characters already appear in the Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches expansions. Its not necessary to have played those but it helps to understand some of the character motivations. Overall the game would still work on its own though.
Ixamyakxim: I sort of want to just grab Dishonored 2 and jump right in. Anyone with these fresh in their memory have a problem with this? I won't be totally lost right? I remember Dishonored being a long game and I sort of don't want to replay it just to get a taste of gameplay and story (man I loved the atmosphere - I still remember that talking heart, in a panicked voice exclaiming "They're burning whales!"). And then risk "burning out" before I even jump into part two.
ignisferroque: The story and setting are both mostly separate from the Dishonored 1 main game, but some characters already appear in the Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches expansions. Its not necessary to have played those but it helps to understand some of the character motivations. Overall the game would still work on its own though.
Awesome thanks! Sounds like I'll just dive into 2. Maybe if I ever want to go back and finally finish up 1 I'll snag it here then.
ignisferroque: The story and setting are both mostly separate from the Dishonored 1 main game, but some characters already appear in the Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches expansions. Its not necessary to have played those but it helps to understand some of the character motivations. Overall the game would still work on its own though.
Ixamyakxim: Awesome thanks! Sounds like I'll just dive into 2. Maybe if I ever want to go back and finally finish up 1 I'll snag it here then.
Not a good choice, as ignisferroque failed to mention that D2 story ties into what happened in DLCs of D1, so they expect you have played those (Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches) and by doing so you would understand who is who in D2 and what their motivations are.

D1 DLCs are separate to the main game, you doesn´t have to play the main game to be able to access their content.
Also, compared to the main game, they have the best leveldesign from the D1 - creators finally understood how they should go about creating semi-opened immersive sim levels.
Post edited February 21, 2020 by Tarhiel
How's the expansions for the first Dishonored? I played through the base game a few years ago (non-lethal of course!), and I think it's a really great game.
Random_Coffee: How's the expansions for the first Dishonored? I played through the base game a few years ago (non-lethal of course!), and I think it's a really great game.
See the post above yours :)
Random_Coffee: How's the expansions for the first Dishonored? I played through the base game a few years ago (non-lethal of course!), and I think it's a really great game.
Tarhiel: See the post above yours :)
Very nice! It sounds like a must-buy :) Now I just gotta figure out if the rest of the collection is worth grabbing while I'm at it.
It was worth to wait for these games. Not now but in its time I will buy them. Thanks
Ixamyakxim: Awesome thanks! Sounds like I'll just dive into 2. Maybe if I ever want to go back and finally finish up 1 I'll snag it here then.
Tarhiel: Not a good choice, as ignisferroque failed to mention that D2 story ties into what happened in DLCs of D1, so they expect you have played those (Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches) and by doing so you would understand who is who in D2 and what their motivations are.
He failed to mention this?
" but some characters already appear in the Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches expansions. Its not necessary to have played those but it helps to understand some of the character motivations."
Tarhiel: Not a good choice, as ignisferroque failed to mention that D2 story ties into what happened in DLCs of D1, so they expect you have played those (Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches) and by doing so you would understand who is who in D2 and what their motivations are.
MarkoH01: He failed to mention this?
" but some characters already appear in the Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches expansions. Its not necessary to have played those but it helps to understand some of the character motivations."
Well, I disagree with the "it is not necessary" bit.
MarkoH01: He failed to mention this?
Tarhiel: Well, I disagree with the "it is not necessary" bit.
I understand.
Extremely good expansions, some of the best in the modern era. Together they're about as good as the main campaign, honestly, outside of story. Dishonored is really 4 games, not three.
StingingVelvet: Extremely good expansions, some of the best in the modern era. Together they're about as good as the main campaign, honestly, outside of story. Dishonored is really 4 games, not three.
Eh. More like 2: Corvo's main campaign and Daud's side story - Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches is really just 2 parts of that whole - while the city trials are little more than extra challenge levels that are of relatively little importance.
Post edited February 24, 2020 by Mr.Mumbles
Mr.Mumbles: Eh. More like 2: Corvo's main campaign and Daud's side story - Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches is really just 2 parts of that whole - while the city trials are little more than extra challenge levels that are of relatively little importance.
I think StingingVelvet means:
1) Dishonored
2) Daud DLCs
3) Dishonored 2
4) DotO